Sign in to follow this  
Bobskink

Cloud City Attack Battle Pack

indexed.gif

Here's my entry for the battle pack contest...

box03.jpg

The box, more or less what it should look like, making this look real is really hard.

Minifigs :4

Pieces 62(+1)

figs.jpg

The figures that would come with the set

ship01.jpg

ship02.jpg

Some different angels of the ship.

Note 1: the slope at the bottom is just for displaying.

Note 2: some paint got chipped of from Zuckuss his hands.

The story behind this.

After the rebels left Cloud City the real battle begun.

The word was out that Lando left and bounty hunters wanted to earn some easy space cash by looting an unprotected, so they thought, city in the clouds.

The reason behind this:

I really wanted to enter a moc contest for once. I missed out on the other on because I din't have any time.

Now I did have some time to make customs, but since I moved, I had no bricks yet, they were all in boxes far away.

So I only used bricks of the Endor Battle set, which I bought yesterday.

I also wanted to make two battle packs, since they always come by to, one good side, one bad side.

That is the only thing that bothers me in this contest, so that is why I combined both of them.

I also think that a set with only Bespin Guards and maybe Lobot wouln't sell that well I think.

One more important thing, the heads of Zuckuss and 4-LOM are the first casts I made and I deperatly wanted to make a set around them.

Thanks for looking and sorry for the mistakes I probably wrote.

Edited by KimT

Great entry.

You should be proud of your custom heads :thumbup:

Great entry, especially the figures are nice. But like in the Bounty Hunters Battlepack i have to say, that I wouldn't buy multiples of these. You chose charakters, that aren't useful to build an army.

But the presentation of your Battle Pack is top either. You've done a good job with the box designing! :thumbup:

Good luck in the contest!

Greetings

Lion

Edited by Darth Lion

Great entry, especially the figures are nice. But like in the Bounty Hunters Battlepack i have to say, that I wouldn't buy multiples of these. You chose charakters, that aren't useful to build an army.

I agrea, but that is a litle why I included the Bespin guards. But on the other hand, an army isn't selling itself. The shelves are full of Assasin Droids and no Clones.

very nice battlepack and I think the bounty hunter's are some of the best customs of that alien ever :cry_happy: . This does seem like a situation where you should make a bespin guard BP and a bounty hunter BP that go together. Nice work though :thumbup:

Very nice BP. I like your customs and the speeder which reminds me of a souped up STAP. You done really well with a limited pool of bricks to choose from.

That's an awesome entry, Bobskink! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

I indeed can't imagine TLG releasing this one since it's more kind of a small set than a BP.

Nevertheless the composition of the different contents - minifigs and vehicle - is great!

The two aliens look great.

Very, very well done! :thumbup::thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

This would make a wicked set Bobskink!

Your custom minifigs look ace - I'd love a 4-LOM minifig and I don't think there's been enough Bespin guards in sets. I have a whopping 1 guarding the whole of my Cloud City (but it's been overrun by the Empire anyway :laugh:) so would be glad to see more available. Your flying vehicle is cool too, very Star Wars-esque.

Nice work and good luck!

Edited by pedro

Those figs are awesome!

The vehicle is strange, but Cloud City vehicles are strange too, so it Star wars! But it just looks great! :thumbup:

The boxart is appealing too, as the box is what 'sells' itself to customers.