Sign in to follow this  
nerdsforprez

Pick-a-Brick Cup....Cup

Nice! :thumbup: Very clever use of what can be annoying items to have sitting around the place. They can still be reused for their original purpose like this too! :sweet:

Neat. I think they can work as bubble tea cups with a bigger hole and straw. We have used them for beer vessels in a pinch.. :classic:

Most of mine are used for storing bricks. Some are used for storing screws and other hardware.

That's awesome! I have a bunch of these lying around and I get de-hydrated really easily. Although I do have stainless steel water bottles, I have to fill them up every two hours or so. With these, I could fill up several PAB cups with water and then stack them for long building marathons! :laugh:

cant remember as of the moment is the cup has the recycle logo with a number on it. it's an indicator that it's safe to drink with.

This is what I'm wondering. I'm at work so I cant check the cups.

I use one as a light diffuser lol

16620787103_92b27561a3.jpgDSC_6445.jpg by C. L., on Flickr

I'd be careful drinking out of these, (done it before). I've noticed that the frosted finish of the cups on the inside can be scratched off and possibly end up in your drink.

The frosted finish is just texture (think multitude of tiny hills and valleys). Scratching it just flattens the "hills". Some dish detergents have abrasives, which can abrade away the "hills". The cups are made of Polypropylene (recycle code 5).

I must admit that is very clever. I am going to use that idea with kind permission It would please my partner she would love it

Even though polypropylene is food safe, I thought I saw someone post he emailed Lego to ask if it was safe to drink from and the response he got was they will not advise using the cups for anything other than the original purpose. I'd like to use them to freeze soda or cranberry juice, and the snap on covers are great.

For those who have these cups laying around, you don't re-use them when going back to the PaB wall? Doing such gives a (small) discount rather than taking each time a new cup

edit: i see it is an old thread dug up ...

Edited by antp

I prefer increasing my collection of these cups for storage. I like that they have studs and holes for stacking. I don't like how infrequently they refresh the parts selection.

I use the short cups for storage, and the tall cups for various purposes, recently I cut a hole in the bottom of one and am using it for a lampshade.

On 12/22/2016 at 2:55 AM, antp said:

For those who have these cups laying around, you don't re-use them when going back to the PaB wall? Doing such gives a (small) discount rather than taking each time a new cup

edit: i see it is an old thread dug up ...

I keep a bunch in the trunk of my car, but forget to grab them every time I go to the store. So I just buy new ones! :wacko: