BMW

Area 51 - Fake Moon Landing

One of the most infamous conspiracy theories contends that the United States never actually landed men on the moon. That, in fact, the images from the moon were actually photographed in a soundstage or aircraft hangar. Conspiracy theorists point to odd shadows or reflections as supposed "proof” that the moon landings were faked. This urban legend has even been featured in several movies including James Bond's "Diamonds are Forever", and “Capricorn 1” staring O.J. Simpson. This box diorama has been a popular exhibit at NILTC shows, and was featured prominently in promotional advertising for the 2014 Brickworld shows.

Full photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_williams/

15525071866_833dbf129b_z.jpg

15525071916_3325c7f04b_z.jpg

Wow, this is a great idea for a MOC. Great job! The Planet in the background and golf club are nice touches. As is ET and the gang, Mr. Garrison and the Toy Story alien.

Jamie

Oh man, this is seriously cool! The amount of detail that;s gone into this is amazing and the lighting effects are really well executed. Great job!

Ha, ha, so cool.

I remember a mockumentary a few years ago on this subject, stating that the footage was shot by Stanley Kubrick, who was commissioned for the job by the US Goverment. It featured interviews with Christiane Kubrick (his widow) and Henry Kissinger. So fun to watch.

Edited by Gongoro73

Ooooohhhh! That's amazing, and I'm there, with a seagull on my head, soooo coool. This MOC came just in time as I watched "Capricorn 1" a week ago. That's a good theme, and built nicely. Congratulations!

Man, what CAN'T you build? Looking at your Flickr pics, there's the EM50 from "Stripes", Little Nellie from "You Only Live Twice", and so much more! I gotta say, as if the builds themselves weren't spectacular already, you go and wire them with lighting. How you loaded lights and so much detail into the EM50 and still kept it to scale is mindboggling. Sgt. Hulka would be proud. BTW, is that the Stargate from Stargate-SG1 on the right side of the pic? I can see only the ramp and soldiers from this angle, but if so, nice detail!

Edited by Colossus

Nicely done. Very clever and I love all of the details.

I've always believed we landed there. I don't see any reason why not. But this adds to that conspiracy quite well.

Good job.

Amazing. Love the overall design, and the little details really make it (like the SW Planet piece as the Earth, or that fantastic curved roof design). :sweet::thumbup:

Lego conspiracy. Really great idea for a Moc. Although I do believe mankind has landed on the moon. What I do not get is why we haven't been going there for decades! Is there another conspiracy in place? Maybe we are already there, like Area 52 on the back side of the moon. Maybe there are fun parties taking place there with little greys getting drunk, which no one will ever see with a telescope from earth. Maybe a topic for a next Moc?

Great MOC!

As to why we haven't been going back for decades, the answer's obvious: there's not much there worth retrieving. While a moon base and/or repeated moon visits would likely be excellent for research, there's not much worth bringing back. No oil, no gas, possibly not even any rare/valuable minerals.

Fantastic MOC! All the details are great, and the smoothness of the buildings really sets them off. And the moon-shooting section is very well executed! :thumbup:

The small details are what makes this MOC. The Stargate just out of view, Indiana Jones, etc, etc... exceptionally well done!

Wow, that second photo of the staged landing is great! It looks amazing, and the whole thing is impressive overall. :thumbup:

Very beautiful MOC and I love when they're based on Aliens, Area 51, conspiracies, and so on. Very nice work on this. :thumbup: :thumbup: