Sign in to follow this  
wincent

customizing minifigs

Isn't it possible to set up a minifig painting machine to do a tour of Legoshops ?

I'm thinking about the face and thorso/leg print

I do not know how big they are ,but it would be nice to custom design your own minifig.

Also perhaps a great idea for the Lego Themeparks?

To me, this would seem like too much of a hassle for the lego group. Maybe they could do it at there parks as a souvenier, but i doubt it. It would be very cool though. :classic:

To me, this would seem like too much of a hassle for the lego group. Maybe they could do it at there parks as a souvenier, but i doubt it. It would be very cool though. :classic:

This would be cool, but yes it would be too much extra work to make something like this for users to customize minifigs.

I would like to know what kind of tool/machine/paint Lego uses to make the details on the minifigs. This is of course somewhat of a secret but in the same direction, that i could customize at home some of the older minfig heads and torsos that has weared out from age and use.

They probably use some kind of Tampography, here's a nifty video about it.

Anyway, that would be a huge hassle to lug around the tampography machine, not to mention having to reset the machine for every single design.

Edited by DrNightmare

They probably use some kind of Tampography, here's a nifty video about it.

Anyway, that would be a huge hassle to lug around the tampography machine, not to mention having to reset the machine for every single design.

:classic: noo would it, probably yeah. There has to be something easier and cheaper that makes good quality.

This would be cool, but yes it would be too much extra work to make something like this for users to customize minifigs.

I would like to know what kind of tool/machine/paint Lego uses to make the details on the minifigs. This is of course somewhat of a secret but in the same direction, that i could customize at home some of the older minfig heads and torsos that has weared out from age and use.

I would like to be able to do the same thing with old minifig heads that have the face rubbed off, it would me great to still get a use out of them :thumbup: