Sign in to follow this  
MrBrick&BoB

Ye old "Admiral Benbow" Inn

Beautiful, a work of art, this is marvelous!

The roof is fantastic, the cheese slopes were a great idea, and the rest is just as great.

...And did I mention it's HUGE!!!

The virtues of this piece are nearly endless :pir-cry_happy:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by dannylonglegs

Excellent MOC with super-realistic design!!!

How many cheese slopes have you used for making the roof?

Very nice! The tan mixes well with the light bley, and the roof is outstanding. I too love the broken down look given to some of the areas, it is done very well. The foliage is nice too, with the vines winding through the bushes. Very, very cool. :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Peace

There is an understated quality about this MOC that I absolutely love. The entire scene is incredibly beautiful and the use of cheese slopes on the roof is simply brilliant. The end result is a building that looks more like a model than a LEGO MOC.

Truly a masterpiece!

I'm blown away, I saw you're castle port on the frontpage. The roof on this is AMAZING!!!! Very good job, I saw you're already a MOC expert, deservingly too! :pir-classic:

Wow! This is truly amazing. Just to layer the entire roof with cheese-slopes must have taken days. The overall appearance is aesthetically pleasing, and the details fantastic.

Excellent job on this. Will you be sharing some interior images?

Really well done. I liked the tile you used for the roof and I like how you did the wall texturing. I also like the overal color scheme. Your blind pew looks great too. Great MOC. :pir-classic:

Extremely good work here. It's size is very impressive as well as what everyone has said, I must comment on the door closest tot he ladder, I love the multicolored look in the arch, great technique used there!

blogged.png

On the frontpage of classic pirates.com 01/19/10 !

Wow, awesome MOC! :thumbup: I love the roof, doorways, and all the little details on the outside. :pir-wub: And you get extra points for MOCing one of my favorite books ever. :pir-sweet:

You are a very promising new member, great work on this MOC, it looks marvellous!

I hope you will make more MOC's of the pirate theme, you're very good at it.

The use of the cheese slopes is ingenious, as well as a lot of other details.

Nice job :thumbup:

*Climbs back into chair, implying that he fell out* How many Gajillion Cheese slopes do you have? :pir-tongue:

But really, great work, I love the roof and doorways most.

Edited by Sir Gecko

Whoa! Incredible! :thumbup: I love how you did all the details, like the occasional brown cheese slope in the roof, and the surroundings! :pir-wub:

About 2500 pieces.

Not to build was the problem, but to buy it. :wink:

I understand completely. :pir-laugh: I´m currently building a MOC which uses the same roof technique. It won´t be as big though, so I calculated how many I had to buy, and it was in the high 1400s, so I bought 1500 black cheese slopes. My wallet hurts... :pir-grin:

One thing I´d like to "steal" from this design though, is the half-stud offset in the roof. I´m planning to use it too, but so far I haven´t figured out a way to do it without making the roof too thick, or use hundreds of jumper plates.

How did you build the half-stud offset? Do you have any pics? :pir-sweet:

Thanks. :pir-classic:

Whoa! Incredible! :thumbup: I love how you did all the details, like the occasional brown cheese slope in the roof, and the surroundings! :pir-wub:

I understand completely. :pir-laugh: I´m currently building a MOC which uses the same roof technique. It won´t be as big though, so I calculated how many I had to buy, and it was in the high 1400s, so I bought 1500 black cheese slopes. My wallet hurts... :pir-grin:

One thing I´d like to "steal" from this design though, is the half-stud offset in the roof. I´m planning to use it too, but so far I haven´t figured out a way to do it without making the roof too thick, or use hundreds of jumper plates.

How did you build the half-stud offset? Do you have any pics? :pir-sweet:

Thanks. :pir-classic:

From his Flickr link:

post-6261-1263906189.jpg

post-6261-1263906272.jpg

Edited by Edmond Dantes