Yatkuu

MOC: Green Day - American Idiot

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Good day my fellow EB members!

I wanted to share with you my entry in the L13 "Pump up the volume" contest entry on the French forum BrickPirate, the cover of the album "American idiot" by Green Day.

6883106133_4bd22f9eba.jpg

Green Day - American Idiot by Yatkuu, on Flickr

The pin really gave me a headache, and I'm not too crazy with what I came up with - it's a mix of this and this.

The topic of the contest is to build a LEGO version of an album cover - no photoshop allowed except to add text.

If anyone is interested in the contest all the details can be found here (but you'll need to understand French and be a member of the forum before 13/FEB/12' to participate)

And if you are interested in this type of MOCs there is an awesome Flickr group specialized in the topic.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Very original - and quite an inventive solution to the whole problem as well, I don't see why you'd be unhappy with it. I must say I really like the fact that the build is simple yet clean and extremely effective! Best of luck in the contest :)

For the record I think the pin works well here. It looks good to me. :wink:

Very nice! One of my favorite albums. You could use a white life preserver piece for the pin too, if you have one.