Hello guys,

Im new on the forum.

I have a problem wich is very annoing,

it is my recently purchased buggy motor.

I have built a rally car and when i bought the

motor, i only needed to click it in to place.

Now, the problem is that if i drive (drift actually)

the overload protection comes in and

brakes the party. Wat i am using

is this:

1. 8878 Li-Po Battery box

2. V2 Receiver

3. On the blue one, M Motor for steering,

just like rm8's Black Mamba GT

4. On the red one, 8886 extension wire

5. From the extension wire to the Buggy Motor 5292

I have trouble uploading pics but i will try to figure out.

The overload protection you're having trouble with is probably the one in the battery, not the motor or receiver. Take a look at Philo's video. The two main solutions I know of are either to modify the battery pack itself by short-circuiting or replacing the overload protection chip (which runs the risk of damaging it permanently) or to use the AA battery pack. The latter adds a lot of weight, though.

I have the AA pack and it HAS the same issue, but can it possibly be that i can solve it by replacing the M motor by a servo motor?

Because i tested it with hacking the steering tight with a pin, and wtihout the motor it works fine, because if i drift (mostly donuts) the power keeps

and keeps going at the M motor while it doesnt needs to do anything.

I have the AA pack and it HAS the same issue, but can it possibly be that i can solve it by replacing the M motor by a servo motor?

Because i tested it with hacking the steering tight with a pin, and wtihout the motor it works fine, because if i drift (mostly donuts) the power keeps

and keeps going at the M motor while it doesnt needs to do anything.

Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. You're right, the AA pack has the same issue. It's easy to open and hack that battery pack, though, and not too expensive a mistake if something goes wrong - in comparison to the very expensive LiPo battery.

I'm not sure I understand about the M and Servo - do you have a photo of what you're trying to do?

Mamba used the smae configuration, and stalling is not dependending on which power source you use. I think your problems is about weight of model and gear reduction you choose. Buggy motor dont like too much friction, weight, big wheels (more than 50 mm) and gearing up. To say simple, he like when rotating is easy without stress.

When my mamba used rubber based auto-centering steering mechanism, buggy motor did not stall. When I used hockey-spring auto-centering buggy motor stalled very often.

Using Servo is good for preventing overloading, but it is not as fast, as m motor. When drifting - you need quick steering with big steering lock.

Which tires and gear reduction you have? If you can post pictures, we can find the problem.

Edited by rm8

Also if you use M motor with return to center and steer for long periods of time, than the stalled steering motor draws a lot of current, leaving nothing for RC motor.

Hrafn: I bought the accu pack because i wanted it to be much lighter.

Zblj: Ah,ok thanks, but if i drive indoor and i drift like 6 circles with donuts it is the best to change the M motor by a Servo motor?

rm8: I am now using 68.7 tires and no gear reduction.

I really cant figure out how to post pics.

The RTC is the same as your black mamba; the drivetrain

of the motor to the diff is also the same.

Weight: 570 gram.

Wheels are toooo big for drift at that drivetrain config.

Zblj: I sadly enough do t have a servo motor.

rm8: It does the job and drifts superb, i can even do donuts with it, only if i drift 1 complete donut,

the motor stalls.

It drifts really good because the tires dont hit the floor with full surface so it has only like 4 mm tire width.

Yes, i already tried, but it is too weak to bridge the RTC steering

And if i make the RTC band weaker, it doesnt return to the center.

But maybe i can 'hire' a servo motor. But do you think that it will work?

I will try to make a topic about my car, because it is quite nice.

Than you guys can see better what the problem is.

If you still prefer using buggy motors consider using RC unit.

I am not using motorS, only one and it should not give a problem. BTW the RC unit is way too heavy.

1. Call me old fashioned, but "ey" is not a proper greeting. Especially not for the first post here.
  2. The thread in which you are posting is quite old. Chance are high that you won't get answer
  3. did you read the thread carefully? there are some solutions discussed. It may be useful for you to read the posts again.
  4. Welcome to this forum!

6 hours ago, Andman said:
  1. Call me old fashioned, but "ey" is not a proper greeting. Especially not for the first post here

And what is bad about it being "old-fashioned"? There is a minimum level of culture needed everywhere. Specially in later years when value is neglected completely and only price matters. "Old-fashioned" behavior developed this world and "new normal" with their double standards, hypocrisy and everyday manipulation will destroy it. There are simple rules how to address someone or start letter / post etc.

Kind regardsĀ