ocifant

How to open a battery box?

Dumb question, but I took a punt on a job lot of parts at a boot sale recently. 13 zip-loc bags and a biscuit tin full of mixed up parts. Seems to be mainly stuff like 8511 and similar models (some Bionicle parts) but nothing is complete (as yet - still sorting through!)

There was a battery box in the tin, looks like 2847c01 on Bricklink, but I can't see how to prise it open! There is a gap between the base and cover, but no way can I force them apart without breaking. What's the trick to opening the box? Any clues?

I've no wires or connectors, but there is what looks like a remote control of some sort - rotary 3 position switch and 4 buttons. I've not found it on Bricklink yet...

Ah, great, got it, thanks.

That mother was tight!! It took some teasing, using a couple of brick separators, but it's now free. No cables hidden away inside, alas. As mentioned, I also have a small remote(?) and a smaller motor. If I can't reconcile which set they're from, or confirm the part numbers, I may just put them up on Bricklink and be done with it...

Ok, after some searching, it appears I have:

71427c01 Motor

2847c01 Battery Box

4232rc Spybotic Control (stamped '1342'). It looks identical to the one illustrated here: http://spybotics.wik..._Remote_Control - but again, no cables included, and no CD.

I'll have to see if I can find any instructions/Inventory for any of the sets that contain these parts to see how close I can get from the bags of varied bits that I've purchased. Those are the only electrical items I seem to have at the moment.

What a mess, I'll be a bit more careful in buying boot sale miscellany in future!

Edited by ocifant