Sign in to follow this  
Chrispockster

Swashbucklin

indexed.gif Vig. 43c

All good pirates enjoy swinging from mast to mast, slicing each other's heads off. Nothing like good old swashbucklin and the taste of blood in the morning :pir-skull: When i was building this i was thinking of 2 pirate ships fighting one other in the open ocean, certainly a good moment to board an enemy ship and reach havoc on the enemy crew.

cimg4096.jpg

cimg4081.jpg

cimg4086.jpg

And what good pirate doesn't enjoy a drink?

cimg4092.jpg

cimg4093.jpg

Edited by SlyOwl

I love this entry. :pir-sweet:

What I love the most about it, is that is uses cruelty in a totally new way. I mean, pirates swinging from mast cutting each other up? That's what I call creative.

Besides the brilliant idea, the entry is also very well built. The tiled planks look beautiful and the little section underneath with the drunken pirate is a lovely little detail. Integrating the trans-yellow tiles into the floor rather than just letting them rest is good. Nice job with the barrel flipping that piece upside-down.

Lastly, the mast is very nice, especially with the little section of sail and the rigging with the pirate swinging on it.

Improvement ideas:

1) The area under the swinging pirate looks ever so slightly bare. Perhaps adding a small barrel or something might be nice.

2) I think a parrot on top of the mast would add a great splash of color.

However these suggestions are certainly not important.

========================================================

I think you did a wonderful job with your entry Chrispockster. It certainly is one of my favorites in the small division.

Great work and good luck! :pir-classic:

Great entry and great photography!

I like the barrel construction and the spilt drink especially. At least I'm hoping that yellow stuff is drink...

Opinion

Chrispockster, you have a very nice and smooth entry here. The pirate swinging on the rope into battle is fantastic. I like the blood that you added pouring out of the other pirates head. I like how you added a sail to make it look more like a pirate ship. My favorite part of your MOC is the pirate drinking beer. Is the beer drinking pirate's head from Harry Potter? Anyway, I also like how you have the spilled beer on the ground.

Possible Improvements

1) All I have to say is that you could possibly add a monkey or rainbow parrot on the top of the mast or on the mast.

Overall- I honestly think this is a great PTV small entry and that you have done a very well job creating your MOC. There are pretty much no improvements you need to make. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

My opinion:

A very good MOC, you managed to display it happens on a ship, which I truly like! It also is a unique concept.

Your details are well done too, only thing I miss are some cannon and possibly more action.

Possible improvements:

1)I Would have put the 'General Lee' face on the ground, showing what is going to happen to the other guy.

2)It looks a bit empty IMHO, perhaps adding a pirate captain or guard or an animal would 'fill' it up a bit more.

3) Why not having some cannons in the lower floor to show it is a pirate ship?