kevblee

Custom Black Pearl finally done

[pid][/pid] 117D

First let me start off by saying thanks for all the inspiration one receives from checking out other ship builds on this forum. It's truly amazing some of what I've seen.

After 4 months, and hundreds of hours I've completed my first ship. I wanted to build a "proper" Black Pearl, as I felt the official version was not quite there, so I used the game and tons of photo ref of the movie ship as inspiration.

I'm quite happy with the final results. It has lots of details, and working features. Both anchors are chained to moving turnstiles, and can be raised and lowered. It features an accurate forecastle, with a forward set of stairs leading to the lower level. Lower level features brig, and rear hold for treasure and rum. Not to mention tons of tiled deck space for cannons.

Each side features 11 opening gun ports, although I only have 4 mounted in the photo. The main deck will hold 4 large shooting cannons, and could hold other smaller ones.

The capt's cabin has a working door, framed with lanterns, and has a map and rum table, and quite a bit of room. Dual staircases go up the upper deck, where I built a clear arched window (behind the mizzenmast) that looks, and lets light in, to the capt's cabin.

The Foremast , and the Main mast have a crows nest, large enough to be manned.

I guess the reason I say hundreds of hours, is because the model has an instruction manual, which I do to several of my models I get really excited about. The manual is what took me the better part

of two months to create, as it's 108 pages long. The ship contains over 2,000 parts, many of which are from the official set.

I will attempt to post more pics in the future, or at least on my brickshelf page once I get a chance! Thanks again for all the inspiration, and enjoy!

bpcoverweb.jpg

Awesome, I really like your version :pir-wub::thumbup:

you're a great help since I also wanted to make a better version of the Pearl. Is it possible for my to use the manual you made for my Pearl :grin_wub: ??

keep up the good work :thumbup:

Edited by Lord Cutler Beckett

Wow - that looks so amazing. I can't wait to see close-up pictures.

As far as I can see, I reaaly like your version a whole lot better than LEGO's official version

It has lots of details, and working features. Both anchors are chained to moving turnstiles, and can be raised and lowered. It features an accurate forecastle, with a forward set of stairs leading to the lower level. Lower level features brig, and rear hold for treasure and rum. Not to mention tons of tiled deck space for cannons.

Each side features 11 opening gun ports, although I only have 4 mounted in the photo. The main deck will hold 4 large shooting cannons, and could hold other smaller ones.

The capt's cabin has a working door, framed with lanterns, and has a map and rum table, and quite a bit of room. Dual staircases go up the upper deck, where I built a clear arched window (behind the mizzenmast) that looks, and lets light in, to the capt's cabin.

You managed to get all of that into this ship ?

Sure it's big but I can hardly imagine there's a hold under the gun deck, I'm very curious to more pictures :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

This is an awesome ship! :pir-wub:

It looks exactly like the real beast, fantastic work on the photoshopping too!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Expect it to be there soon!

Congratulations my friend has been very successful.

Here is the LEGO Group would have to do it. But Lego Group took out a very bad the pearl... : (

@kevblee: nice work. could you please post more (close-up)pictures or upload on brickshelf/mocpages/flickr?

Here is a close up shot of the helm. I will most likely post more pics to my Brickshelf account, and

provide a link, once I get that organized. thanks!

cucrewwebfog.jpg

I agree that TLG Black Pearl was not what I expected and this creation is much closer to how I had pictured the ship....great work.

I am also impressed with the effort you have put in in regards to creating an instruction booklet megablocks well.

I look forward to more pictures and details covering what looks like a great build.

The picture with the heavy seas and fog is also a nice touch.