Kristel

MOC: Trilogy (Modular Building)

Hi everyone! I'd like to present my latest modular building, a pub / nightclub called Trilogy. The name comes from the three levels, with three different themes - bar on the ground floor, dancing on the first floor and lounge on the top floor.

14090881841_8d72322a9b_z.jpg

14114179353_8b1e211ecf_z.jpg

Bar on the ground floor:

14094082725_ecc55958dc_z.jpg

14094537794_c1589a3340_z.jpg

The dance floor with live DJ on the first floor:

13907435139_32085df441_z.jpg

The lounge on the top floor:

13907428589_99751510e1_z.jpg

More images on Flickr.

Thanks for looking! C&C always welcome.

Very nice building. The glass walls give it a great modern feeling. I would add some transparent colors in the wall from the dance floor as disco lights.

As usual, modulars from you are great. I like all the floors but the bar looks really nice with the clear wall. Really nice place to work :)

Great job Kristel! :thumbup:

Pretty awesome :sweet: love the design of the inside building

I like the toned-down exterior colour scheme with subtle architectural details, which makes the building look really realistic. As always, I'm amazed at how effectively you manage to use the interior space. The glass walls and the furniture look great and give it a really classy look.

AWESOME modular 'Kristel', I love every detail in this creation.......Brick On Party On 'Kristel' ! :grin:

I love those sofas! I like a lot in this MOC actually, I've seen a few of your MOCs before (I think) and if I remember rightly you always put in a lot of nice detail...

You've done the same here again, I really like it (again)!

Another lovely looking building and another exquisitely detailed interior Krystal!

Really good use of space - looks much larger than its footprint! Like the cherry in the glass on the top floor too, nice touch.

Very industrial and modern. Would definitely fit into a more realistic downtown scene than the official modulars.

You always do throw in a lot of detail in your builds. And adding interiors always helps.

I do like the glass wall by the stairs. The bar is near perfect. The dance floor is a good touch, but it seems like more of a martini bar. So lax attitude, quiet environment. I don't know how often they'd have a dance floor. With that said, I'd almost suggest switching the dance floor to the top instead of the middle. Most people wanting a quieter environment would probably not have a quiet main level, loud middle level, and quiet top level. Just my two cents :classic:

Keep up the great work. You are knocking them out of the park.

Very unassuming building Krystal until one sees inside it! Really like the modern interiors. You've added quite a bit of detail, I may even use your idea with the glass wall. Very ingenious and simple. Love those types of ideas! I really liked your bar and the furniture upstairs. Completely true to life from what I've seen in trendy bars. Great work!

Thanks monsinjor, jtr, LT, Mutant Orc, rob-cubed, eurotrash, Wodanis and 2013-lego!

Very nice building. The glass walls give it a great modern feeling. I would add some transparent colors in the wall from the dance floor as disco lights.

Thanks Vincent! I like the idea of the coloured transparent bricks.

I like the toned-down exterior colour scheme with subtle architectural details, which makes the building look really realistic. As always, I'm amazed at how effectively you manage to use the interior space. The glass walls and the furniture look great and give it a really classy look.

Really good use of space - looks much larger than its footprint! Like the cherry in the glass on the top floor too, nice touch.

Thanks Rick and BricksMcgee. I like the challenge of furnishing a 16-stud wide building!

snip ... With that said, I'd almost suggest switching the dance floor to the top instead of the middle.

Thanks LegoDr! I had the dance floor at the top originally, but then I swapped it out because the low barrier around the stairs. I was worried we'd have too many minifigures falling down the stairwell. And I had run out of clear bricks for building another full height glass wall!

Very cool place, can I be on the VIP list!

Thanks! It's seems pretty quiet at the moment, so there's probably a few slots on the VIP list.

Always good to see a new MOC from you, Kristel!

This will fit in very snugly with all the other MOCs you created.

My favourite parts are the ground floor facade and the bar area.

Inspired part usage to create the foot rests of the bar!

Keep putting those bricks together!

Excellent building. It's very urban and not over fancy. The bar area is lovely. I love the cherries in the containers. Great work Kristel.

Excellent work again! I like the footrests at the bar on the ground floor. Two suggestions though. First, there isn't really anything to indicate what the building is from the outside. Second, the dance floor is sorely lacking any radical lighting! And the DJ booth is a bit bare-bones. :grin:

Thanks Withacee annd Mike! I'm glad you like it

Excellent work again! I like the footrests at the bar on the ground floor. Two suggestions though. First, there isn't really anything to indicate what the building is from the outside. Second, the dance floor is sorely lacking any radical lighting! And the DJ booth is a bit bare-bones. :grin:

Thanks paostmo! I agree - it could do with a red carpet, rope, bouncer and a line of patrons out the front, and the dance floor could definitely do with some radical lighting. I should have done some reconnaissance first!

You have done it again Kristel, well done.

I like how you have used the clear bricks, it looks like something I have seen in real life - actually in friends bathroom.

I always enjoy the exquisite touch of realism your modular designs have. They are never over-the-top flashy but not dull fully plain either. I particularly like the modern style of furnishings and the glass walls. Good work once again, Kristel.

I like the colours of the exterior. It has a an very American atmosphere to it. And as to the absence of signage on the outside: maybe it's a very private club?

I love this one! It is understated, but not plain. There are some very cool details throughout. I agree that the dance floor may be better suited to the top level, but otherwise, this one is absolutely perfect as-is.

You have done it again Kristel, well done.

I like how you have used the clear bricks, it looks like something I have seen in real life - actually in friends bathroom.

Thanks! My first reaction was "bathroom??", but I could actually see a wall like that working in a bathroom.

I always enjoy the exquisite touch of realism your modular designs have. They are never over-the-top flashy but not dull fully plain either. I particularly like the modern style of furnishings and the glass walls. Good work once again, Kristel.

Thanks OrcKing!

I like the colours of the exterior. It has a an very American atmosphere to it. And as to the absence of signage on the outside: maybe it's a very private club?

Thanks alois! There is actually a little logo outside, but it turned out a little nondescript. We can pretend it's a very exclusive club - works for me!

I love this one! It is understated, but not plain. There are some very cool details throughout. I agree that the dance floor may be better suited to the top level, but otherwise, this one is absolutely perfect as-is.

Thanks!