Sign in to follow this  
Lorentzen

LDD doesn't work on my computer

Hi guys. I've made a screenshot of how LDD looks on my computer:

ldd-problem.jpg

I use Windows 7, have a great graphic card and lots of memory and RAM, but it still does not work.

Do any of you guys have an idea of what to do?

Do I need to install something like a patch or a driver?

EDIT: I can't work on the program, because it keeps "reloading" everything and things are black, as if there's something wrong with the graphic settings

Edited by Lorentzen

Specify video card and version of driver you installed.

Explain how you installed the video card drivers.

Tell us if you have problems with this software only or with other OpenGL software/games too.

Already tried to uninstall the software, delete profile folder and reinstall it?

Edited by Calabar

Hello.

I have tried to re-install LDD many times, with no effect.

I've never had any issues with other programs, so I don't know if OpenGL screws with my computer or this program.

This is my graphic card:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 - latest driver. I guess I installed the video drivers regularly

This is most certainly a graphics card/refresh problem. I've had similar artifacts on my old laptop, but a modern card like the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 sholdn't have any problem. Like Calabar says, if shall be able to help you, you need to be very detailed here. Can you please report

OS (Win 7, but what version and 32 or 64 bit)

OS Language

Grapics Card manufacturer

Graphics Driver Version

DirectX version

LDD Version (3.1.3, right?)

Also, in LDD Edit > Preferences does it make any difference if you change compatability mode

Hi - I've had a similar problem, I've got an Advent 6551 laptop which (I think) has a UMA Intel GL40 graphics card. It says

"Lego has caught an exception in the OpenGL display driver and will need to close" - then says about opening in compatability mode but completely freezes. Oddly it worked ok on my old comp!

Any ideas would be very welcome!

Hi - I've had a similar problem, I've got an Advent 6551 laptop which (I think) has a UMA Intel GL40 graphics card. It says

"Lego has caught an exception in the OpenGL display driver and will need to close" - then says about opening in compatability mode but completely freezes. Oddly it worked ok on my old comp!

Any ideas would be very welcome!

Well, first one is defintely to update your video drivers, since it seems it is in the OpenGL drivers problem is.

Should be here you download: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%c2%ae+4+Series+Express+Chipset+Family