Varlyrio Mitgardian Free-build canal gondola houses

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Here's my entry to the Varlyrio challenge. Inspired by de Gothia, MikeyB, and everyone else who has built in Varlyrio.
This was a ton of fun to build and I hope you like it  :classic:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

All C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6, 07 June 2013 - 12:55 PM.

Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#2 Infernum

Infernum

• Fears his own beard

Member: 32912

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Wow! Those buildings are perfect! Some great details! The only thing I don't like is the water. It looks plain compared to the rest of the MOC. Maybe loose round 1x1s would look better? :thumbup:
Toa Infernum, Sir Infernum of Mitgardia, Royal Architect of Mitgardia
My MOCpages
http://mocpages.com/home.php/91392

#3 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Great job!  (As usual though, I had to go to your Flickr... )  I especially like the slopes down to the waters edge! :thumbup:  Like the expressions on the pair up on top of the blue house :laugh: , nice interior as well! :thumbup:

--ipernity--(Flickr)--The Brick Blogger--

Posted Image_____Posted Image

Google Ron Paul! - Ageven Deraim, loyal Kaliphlin! - gid617

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house"

#4 Mike S

Mike S

Member: 26273

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Nice job! I really like the ramp and the small gondola! The bridges are a nice touch as they are of different design than the other entries! Nice job! :thumbup:

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Cutcobra

Cutcobra

Member: 33298

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Looks great :classic: . Everybody in your build looks so fancy! :laugh:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal The Ghost Buster, The Super Sleuth and The School Inspector in Sandy's Heroica RPG. Hero Stats
Died as Eris on Day 2 as a loyal member of Heroica in Cruel Angel's Thesis - Downfall of Heroes

#6 Kristel

Kristel

• Drunk, Nervous and Giggling

Member: 28686

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

These buildings are beautiful. :wub:  The detailing on the blue and grey one is just superb, particularly how you have framed the windows and the arches for the walkway. I also like how you have done the bridge and the way the base is cut out to show the water.  

The wedding proposal is also a nice touch!

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Spend wisely, build more and enjoy what you have!

#7 Penkid11

Penkid11

• Continuing adventures planned

Member: 29100

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Oooh. I really like the stone supports on each of the buildings. It looks very realistic. It was a wonderful MOC. Great Job SK.
Come and discover the Guilds of Historica!

Owlan of the Guild of Avalonia! Lesser Burrium fights for the Guild of Avalonia!
Petraea's Exchange Astronomy Student   
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Ninja Poof, Penultimate Ninja Battler

Check out my set checklist on my profile page!

#8 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostInfernum, on 01 December 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Wow! Those buildings are perfect! Some great details! The only thing I don't like is the water. It looks plain compared to the rest of the MOC. Maybe loose round 1x1s would look better? :thumbup:
Thanks, it took a little experimentation to get the buildings to have the Varlyrio feel, as to the water most canals are still water so I didn't think looses 1x1s would work well :classic:

View PostKai NRG, on 01 December 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Great job!  (As usual though, I had to go to your Flickr... )  I especially like the slopes down to the waters edge! :thumbup:  Like the expressions on the pair up on top of the blue house :laugh: , nice interior as well! :thumbup:
Thanks, I thought those faces worked perfectly for the situation :laugh: I'm looking into getting a different web host so hopefully you and the few others who can't now will be able to see the pics :classic:

View PostMasa of Kaliphlin, on 01 December 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Nice job! I really like the ramp and the small gondola! The bridges are a nice touch as they are of different design than the other entries! Nice job! :thumbup:
Thanks! I wanted to make the gondola as small as possible and still be recognizable and I wanted the bridge to be peaked high so boats could slide underneath :classic:

View PostEric Su, on 01 December 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Looks great :classic: . Everybody in your build looks so fancy! :laugh:
Thanks, take a look at the other Varlyrio builds, my figs aren't even near the fanciest :laugh:

View PostKristel, on 01 December 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

These buildings are beautiful. :wub:  The detailing on the blue and grey one is just superb, particularly how you have framed the windows and the arches for the walkway. I also like how you have done the bridge and the way the base is cut out to show the water.  

The wedding proposal is also a nice touch!
Thanks, I was really happy with the buildings, and I was digging through my minifig accesory box when I saw the ring and thought that would be a nice detail :classic:

View PostPenkid11, on 01 December 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

Oooh. I really like the stone supports on each of the buildings. It looks very realistic. It was a wonderful MOC. Great Job SK.
Thanks!
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#9 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

A proposal, big win! :wub:  And indeed great job on using the slopes to the water.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#10 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Looks great! I realy get a feel of Venice! The canal is really narrow which is like alot! Well done!!

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#11 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

View PostEcclesiastes, on 04 December 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

A proposal, big win! :wub:  And indeed great job on using the slopes to the water.
Thanks Ecclesiastes, I thought it was a fun touch :classic:

View Postde Gothia, on 05 December 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

Looks great! I realy get a feel of Venice! The canal is really narrow which is like alot! Well done!!
Thanks! Guess I'll have to look at some pictures of Venice, I got a similar comment on another forum :laugh:

#12 mrcp6d

mrcp6d

Member: 32887

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Can't say I've ever seen a proposal with the guy doing the splits... :oh: that man gets points for originality! :tongue:

The tile sidewalk and the little boat are the winners here for me.  For some reason the powder blue on light bley isn't working to my eye though; it might be one of those "better in real life" things.

#13 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

View Postmrcp6d, on 05 December 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

Can't say I've ever seen a proposal with the guy doing the splits... :oh: that man gets points for originality! :tongue:

The tile sidewalk and the little boat are the winners here for me.  For some reason the powder blue on light bley isn't working to my eye though; it might be one of those "better in real life" things.
:laugh: Thanks :laugh:

#14 Niku

Niku

• Wants two initials

Member: 14912

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

I like how Valyrio mocs looks, this one is not the exception.
Good job. Soccerkid6.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#15 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostNiku, on 06 December 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

I like how Valyrio mocs looks, this one is not the exception.
Good job. Soccerkid6.
Thanks! I've been enjoying all the Varlyrio builds too :classic:

#16 kabel

kabel

• lower case

Member: 6745

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Nice one soccerkid, really like your interiors and the minifig posing! It's fun to see how this fifth guild is evolving!!
Steen Larsson
Carpenter
Royal Architect of Mitgardia and Vice Admiral of the Mitgardian fleet

Posted Image   Posted Image

My Brickshelf

My Flickr

Medieval Ships

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#17 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

View Postkabel, on 07 December 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Nice one soccerkid, really like your interiors and the minifig posing! It's fun to see how this fifth guild is evolving!!
Thanks kabel, looking forward to seeing your next Varlyrio build completed :classic:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Varlyrio, Mitgardian, Free-build, canal, gondola, houses

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users