Erdbeereis

Astromech Workplace Contest

The Eurobricks Star Wars Forum is proud to announce an exciting new contest!

EBAWC1.jpg

Contest Theme

Everyone likes those cute little astromech droids, with their robotic speech and movements. However, in the Star Wars movies, we have not seen the astromech droid in action very often. In this contest, your objective is to create a workplace for an astromech droid (or multiple astromech droids). This workplace could be anything: a hangar, a large capital ship, or even a futuristic hotel. Anything where an astromech droid could do what it does best is acceptable for this contest.

The Rules

• Contest will run from June 6th to August 6th. Entries must be posted by midnight GMT on August 6th. Entries posted after this deadline will not be accepted.
  • All entries must contain at least one astromech droid. In the case that you do not have an astromech droid minifigure, brick-built astromech droids will also be accepted.
  • Entries must be at least somewhat based on Star Wars. However, this does not mean that entries must be something directly from the Star Wars franchise. New places, ships, and other ideas are all acceptable.
  • There is no size limit for this competition.
  • One entry per member.
  • All entries must be new creations that have not been posted anywhere prior to the contest's start.
  • All entries must include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Decals and custom minifigures and accessories (Brickarms, Brickforge) are allowed, but modifying parts is not allowed.
  • Entries are to be posted in the Watto's Junkyard sub forum of the Star Wars forum.
  • To enter your MOC, create a new thread in Watto's Junkyard with the title labeled Astromech Workplace Contest: followed by the name of the entry. For example, Astromech Workplace Contest: R2-D2's Hangar
  • Post pictures no larger than 800 x 600
  • All entry threads are considered WIPs (work in progress), which means that you can make improvements to your MOC up until the final deadline.

The Prizes

The five highest vote-getters will each win a fantastic set of astromech droids!

One each of:

R2-D2: sw217

R2-D2: sw255

R2-R7: sw168

R4-P44: sw267

R5-D4: sw029a

R7-D4: sw119

R8-B7: sw313

R2-Q5: sw213

R7-A7: sw231

R2-Q2: sw303

R5-D8: sw373

R5-F7: sw370

R5-J2: sw375

R3-D5: sw393

T7-O1: sw390

Droid Set Picture:

gallery_148_29_139429.jpg

In addition, we have more prizes for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winners!

1st place:

The first place winner will be awarded a brand-new sealed 10225 UCS R2-D2. :wub:

6841688510_37708ea4da.jpg

2nd place:

Admiral Big Cam has donated a brand-new sealed TC-14 minifigure that will be awarded to the 2nd place winner. Thanks Big Cam!

41197g%2BG5BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

3rd place and 4th place:

WhiteFang has been kind enough to donate a Darth Vader keychain for the 3rd and 4th place winners.

850353-1.jpg

In case that is confusing, here is a simpler prize explanation:

1st place: UCS R2-D2 + Set of 15 droids

2nd place: TC-14 + Set of 15 droids

3rd place: Darth Vader Keychain + Set of 15 droids

4th place: Darth Vader Keychain + Set of 15 droids

5th place: Set of 15 droids

Feel free to ask questions, but please read the rules carefully first, as your question might have already been answered.

Thanks, have fun, and good luck!

Wow, great to see another contest here in the SW subforums, I thank you and all the generous donaters :thumbup:

Looking forward to submitting a good entry :classic:

In the case that you do not have an astromech droid minifigure, brick-built astromech droids will also be accepted.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you.... I could always borrow one from my friend or brother, but it's nice to know I can enter anyways! I already started building :grin:

(Oh, and I think those are just about the best prizes ever...)

Edited by JaseTJ

Wow those prices are amazing! I only own 1 droid so I'm not sure if I'll enter the contest. I do have a small idea already.

Looking like a great contest! Hope I can get a decent camera running so I can enter.

What a great idea, please count me in! :classic:

Thanks to everyone who have donated the prizes.

This is an exciting prize pool. I can't wait to see the entries. :thumbup:

Thanks Erdbeereis, the generous donators of prizes, and the rest of the crew running the Star Wars forum for your hard work organizing this contest with such an nice prize pool.

You guys are amazing :wub:

Wow! I can't wait to start building! Now, if I'm understanding this right, it's like an Astromech's droid's "home", so to speak?

Wow! I can't wait to start building! Now, if I'm understanding this right, it's like an Astromech's droid's "home", so to speak?

Yes, pretty much. It could be a ship, hangar, etc. Anywhere that an astromech could do its job will work.

I might actually enter this one. Can we replicate movie scenes?

I believe that would be OK, yes. :classic:

Hmmmm sounds interesting, should I enter or not? That is the question. :laugh:

AC

Hmmmm sounds interesting, should I enter or not? That is the question. :laugh:

AC

You definitely should! :grin:

Hmmm... I think this contest might lure me back into the forums for a while, since I actually have some time this summer to work on my entry. Count me in! :thumbup:

Great contest idea, great contest prizes - Let´s go people :sweet:!

I hohe that there will be too many of strong desighners, so I have no chances to win. But I will take part in this contest! :wink:

P.S. Are there all astromech droids in the prizes, wich have ever been in LEGO?

P.S. Are there all astromech droids in the prizes, wich have ever been in LEGO?

Not quite all; there are old version of R2 and the black droid that have the smaller band head printing, like the green and red ones that are included in the prize pool. There is also a new green droid in Tiin's fighter for this summer.

Not quite all; there are old version of R2 and the black droid that have the smaller band head printing, like the green and red ones that are included in the prize pool. There is also a new green droid in Tiin's fighter for this summer.

Oh, thanks.

And how many minifigs could be in the MOC(exept astr. droids)?