Wat Tambor

MEC Category C: "Farewell, King under the Mountain"

Here is my entry for Category C of the Middle Earth Contest, maybe I'll do a second entry but I don't know if I can finish it in time.

Everyone who has read the book will easily recognize it and no there is no spoiler, because the book is more than 70 years old and every true Tolkien or Middle Earth fan should know the story.

Though this is quite a sad scene, it is one of my favorite ones from the book because at the end there is finally peace between men, dwarfs and elves.

15436911500_50b6db5906_c.jpg

Good luck everyone! :classic:

Wow, let me just say that it's not the build that struck me (although it is good!). The way you positioned the characters made both them actually look like they were sad, and also made the model feel so real to me - it's going to be tough seeing him go down in the last Hobbit movie. Very nice job.

Excellent entry, Wat Tambor!

While the build itself is very well done, the minifigure posing really stands out here.

Great job and good luck in the contest!

Beautifully executed build! :thumbup: The architecture behind the scene looks great, and what a wonderful use of the new figures! :wub: Good luck in the contest!

Edited by K-Nut

I spy with my little eye the Eye of Sauron. Nice build overall, that combined with this being a quite powerful scene in the book makes me appreciate this set so much. The way the stonewalls looks smooth in some places but rugged in others is a really nice touch!

Thanks a lot for all the positive comments, I really appreciate your feedback! :sweet:

Beautifully executed build! :thumbup: The architecture behind the scene looks great, and what a wonderful use of the new figures! :wub: Good luck in the contest!

Well, the only new minifigs in this MOC are Bard, at least the torso and legs are new and Dain, but I agree these new Hobbit minifigs are gorgeous.

Excellent build!

I like the minifig posing too, as others said, but the background and the tomb is really top notch!

Good luck! :wink:

Man, that looks amazing! Great build.

I have to say, there are so many great entries to this contest. It's really inspired people.

Great job! The background is really cool, but the best of all are the legs of the statues. Awesome! Congrats!

You are showing us something really different, with such a sad mood. As you know I wanted to build that Scene also, so good choice :wink:

My favorite part are the figs in here, their posing and their faces help a lot to create the mood you wanted to archieve.

Good luck !

Thanks a lot for all the nice comments! :thumbup:

It's great to see that you like this little build.

You are showing us something really different, with such a sad mood. As you know I wanted to build that Scene also, so good choice :wink:

My favorite part are the figs in here, their posing and their faces help a lot to create the mood you wanted to archieve.

Good luck !

Yes I know, we talked about it some time ago.

I decided to build this scene because no one has built it before (at least I think so) and it's not that ordinary scene that you would expect when you think of "Hobbit" creations.

Very nice built, I would put this on my shelf to display.

Thank you, that is quite a compliment! :blush: