VintageLegoEra

Share Improvements on Original Sets to 'Complete' Them

HI,,,

Let me begin with it....

As we all know, back then in 80s and 90s,,,TLG had many Awesome Pirate sets ( Ships, islands, Fortress,...etc ) and since i own ships, i saw some of the ships just lack important parts which is the Anchors........

The ships are: 6271, 6250, 6268, 6289 and 6290.

i have started today with 6271 to include the Anchor System and some other feature, ( The Bell ) and just came out Perfect!!

Here are some photos:

19381707491_88a6d5d284_z.jpg

19377610705_73ec23bc22_z.jpg

19371500152_0df01db1b9_z.jpg

Hope you enjoy this addition.

I will post soon for the rest of the ships!...

Lets see what you did to satisfy your self!

Cheers!

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Nice bell. I don't own any ships, so no additions for me

I Hope my Title is clear enough to discuss about it :)...

I think the title was cut off. There is a character limit for topic titles. :look:

If you can't edit the title when editing your first post and clicking on 'Use Full Editor', let me know.

I think the title was cut off. There is a character limit for topic titles. :look:

If you can't edit the title when editing your first post and clicking on 'Use Full Editor', let me know.

Indeed, i wanted to contact you regardong this as i cant change the title.

Only tje letter (S) is there. I want to write ( Sets ). Just remove the word ( The ) and write instead ( Sets ) :)

Regards :-)

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Hello Again,,,,

Here what i have done with: 6268 and 6250:

1)- 6268 : used ( 2 x2 Red Brick to support the Reel base and gives a balanced level with the Anchor opening )

19213794930_882b70d815_z.jpg

19375303966_e6c53a4f43_z.jpg

19401379275_7fd4856eeb_z.jpg

2)- 6250: Used ( 1x2 Black brick to support the Reel base )

19213754718_2f85df6e7a_z.jpg

18778804004_7b7b634806_z.jpg

18780734073_de2dbda00b_z.jpg

Enjoy! pirate_satisfied.gif

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Indeed, i wanted to contact you regardong this as i cant change the title.

Only tje letter (S) is there. I want to write ( Sets ). Just remove the word ( The ) and write instead ( Sets ) :)

Regards :-)

I hope you don't mind, I completely revised the title to be more consise.

I hope you don't mind, I completely revised the title to be more consise.

Ofcourse i don't and thanks for taking time to arrange it...:-)

This is a very minor improvement made to the little cutter from 6277. I don't have all of my Lego at my disposal (my parents apparently misplaced the bulk of it during a move several years ago), and realized about halfway through that I was missing the necessary pieces. Rather than stop, I endeavored to improve the stern section, raising it one full brick in height (so it can now be used as a legitimate cabin), and adding a small window to the rear, as well as a non-prototypical (at least in terms of placement) ship's wheel just beneath the mast. It's not much, but I do consider it a slight enhancement.

http://i.imgur.com/FxGttgj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/abzG0Wo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lxTSJLx.jpg

Edited by ShrikeArghast

This is a very minor improvement made to the little cutter from 6277. I don't have all of my Lego at my disposal (my parents apparently misplaced the bulk of it during a move several years ago), and realized about halfway through that I was missing the necessary pieces. Rather than stop, I endeavored to improve the stern section, raising it one full brick in height (so it can now be used as a legitimate cabin), and adding a small window to the rear, as well as a non-prototypical (at least in terms of placement) ship's wheel just beneath the mast. It's not much, but I do consider it a slight enhancement.

Nice Addition. I do agree minor addition sometimes give an Awesome Result like in vintage pirate themes :)

Wow, that looks really sweet! :D

Wow, that looks really sweet! :D

Thanks. I honestly don't know why Lego doesn't produce something like that ship as a stand-alone, $20-25 price range set. I always felt like the playability of that one little vessel was so high, and it's kind of a pity that -- lately -- the only way you can "get on the water" with the pirates theme is either to buy one of these immense, $100 show pieces, or self-build. Not only are smaller kits nonexistent, but Lego even seems to be abandoning their old pattern of designing less grand hull-based ships (both pirate and allied) for people who aren't really flush with cash. It's a shame.

here an improvement to my 6274: :)

1)- Attached a bell ( used: 1x4 arch black brick + Yellow Cone + 4 pieces of 1x1 Black plate )

2)- Attached the Compass ( used: 1x2 Black Brick + 1x2 Black plate + Compass )

1)- The Bell ( A perfect Place to fit it and gives it a Beautiful Look )

19186715450_33d88c74b0.jpg

2)- The Compass ( Perfect Fit Behind the Wheels )

19756832849_e63cb9cfdb.jpg

19935903492_ccd0c427e2.jpg

Edited by VintageLegoEra

loving the red and green colour scheme. Need to put the finsihing touches to my Schooner and then i'll post pics

Looking forward to seeing it :-)

Hello again! :)

Well, in 1989 the Lego sets were not introduced with Compass and i was wondering ( Particularly for Ships ), how the Captain/Crews manage to find There ways? maybe via Stars or Sky methodology?!..Anyway, i just added the Compass to my Black Seas Barracuda ( And to Caribbean Clipper in previous Posts ) and it turned out to look Great!. I tried to find a Place for it and i came out to fit it as shown in the Photo..I am Satisfied as i feel it is an ideal place! :). Also it is clear for the Captain or any Crew behind the steering Wheel to See/view the Compass. As for the Light Factor, it will be very useful when sailing at night ;)

Here are the parts i used:

20288350621_08894e3855.jpg

Assembled:

20282412615_0db95ab750.jpg

Fitted:

20095782089_897a873f40.jpg

PLease let me know what you think. And if you have any suggestions, Please let me know :)

Enjoy!

Edited by VintageLegoEra

It looks like it was allways there. Suits very good. pirate_classic.gif

Heey mate,...Glad to see you here and thanks for the encouragement :-)...

Stay tuned as today i will post another improvement to 6289 and 6290...;-)

Cheers

Heey mate,...Glad to see you here and thanks for the encouragement :-)...

Stay tuned as today i will post another improvement to 6289 and 6290...;-)

Cheers

Still waiting here pir_laugh2.gif

Not much but:

For 10210,

- 32474 as loose cannonballs,

- many big and small barrels as water and food supplies respectively,

- fish and crabs as food,

- pi100 or col114 as prisoners (or a male djinn according to an old Greek anecdote regarding beers and gold coins). Also,

- a world globe and base from PotC series Cabin's set,

- some (6) black stud shooters as swivel guns,

- a couple of lifeboats with a folded mast and sails on the deck, fixed with chains on a wood coloured base. And finally

- a slightly higher barrier at the deck using woodlog bricks.

If i can think of anything else i would put, i will come up again. But i guess these are things belonging to any decent sized ship addition.

Edited by blackdeathgr

Not much but:

For 10210,

32474 as loose cannonballs, many big and small barrels as water and food supplies respectively, fish and crabs as food, pi100 or col114 as prisoners (or male djin according to an old greek anecdote regarding beers and gold coins). And a slightly higher barrier at the deck using woodlog bricks. If i can think of anything else i would put, i will come up again. But i guess these are things belonging to any ship addition.

Would be soo nice if you put some photos! :)

Finally, got the time to work on 6289/6290... :)

Set: 6289

Addition: ( Anchor System + Bell )

Parts Used:

20386009582_3e4fc34527.jpg20150808_114528-1 by Lego Master, on Flickr

Assembled:

20206549300_85dcecae4d.jpg20150808_115052-1 by Lego Master, on Flickr

Fitting: ( As you can see, i have made to attached to bottom of the Net reeling system and it just fitted here perfectly, like if it was desined for it )

20400712771_414aba605f.jpg20150808_115338-1 by Lego Master, on Flickr

Final Look:

20206625178_614d5c01cf.jpg20150808_115706-1-1 by Lego Master, on Flickr

Also my Re-Edition 6290 set is having the same improvement,

Enjoy!

Greets!

Just as I told before, you have choosed the exactly suiting colors and parts, therefore it Suite so good that you would believe it had beendet allways there.

Edited by Matthias

Would be soo nice if you put some photos! :)

I will do so when my LEGO urge to open this misb overcomes my rational thinking! Hehehe... Meanwhile i am still acquiring all sorts of tidbits to make this set more beautiful :P

The way i see it, until then, i will be practicing to make a decent uploadable MOC for ages :P