Colossus

Bricklinking 10210 The Imperial Flagship?

Hi, all! I'm not new to Lego, but I sure am new to Pirates! Are there any bricks unique to this set, or is it possible to assemble this set piecemeal through Bricklink? My son and I enjoyed assembling The Brick Bounty, and would like to add another ship to the collection. However, the aftermarket prices for The Imperial Flagship are way too high.

If you're willing to swap colours on some of the parts, it's possible (some of the parts are ridiculously expensive). I did it recently. The sails are a must have though, and can be a bit tricky to look for. I can take a picture of my "budget" Imperial Flagship that I have been writing about here several times now without posting a picture (I'm still waiting for the lattice pieces actually, so that's why I haven't got round to do it).

Ebay them out! you cant imagine how cheap things can be obtained if you look carefully and wait for the right auction pirate_laugh2.gif

(At least thats what I do,... When I open BL is to make an specific order of pieces for a certain MOC)

Edited by Yawgmoth

Recently bought IF sails and few minors bricks for 20 Euro (shipping included). I considering build IF myself, will do it slowly, got about 60% of bricks needed in my collection (stern, bow and hull sections, canons, pillars/masts...)

Here is shop:

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=ARO

I just bought all the sails for the IF, and they were brand new still in the plastic, for only $20.00 bucks shipped. That being said, as stated above, if you are patient and keep looking, sometimes an affordable one can be found on ebay. I can vouch for this personally. I currently own 2, complete, and practically new ones, and tons of extra parts like sails. One I bought years ago just slightly above retail price. However, the other one I purchased in a BUY IT NOW lot off ebay, a little over a year ago. This is a 100 percent true story. The lot was $100 bucks, including shipping. It contained a used but COMPLETE Imperial Flagship, PLUS a complete Brick beards bounty, AND the 2009 castaway island set, AND the 2009 shipwreck hideout set. I kid you not, it was ridiculous! It was on a Sunday and I clicked on the listing probably only a few minutes after it was just listed, and bought it instantly. The impression I got was that it was a Mother or a wife who had no clue what it was ALL worth, and just threw it up on Ebay just to get a kwick$100 bucks and be done with it. The Brickbeards bounty was well worth the $100 dollars, but imagine getting an Imperial Flagship, and 2 other small and medium sets included too. It was one of the best deals on ebay I ever got.

However, the other one I purchased in a BUY IT NOW lot off ebay, a little over a year ago. This is a 100 percent true story. The lot was $100 bucks, including shipping. It contained a used but COMPLETE Imperial Flagship, PLUS a complete Brick beards bounty, AND the 2009 castaway island set, AND the 2009 shipwreck hideout set. I kid you not, it was ridiculous! It was on a Sunday and I clicked on the listing probably only a few minutes after it was just listed, and bought it instantly. The impression I got was that it was a Mother or a wife who had no clue what it was ALL worth, and just threw it up on Ebay just to get a kwick$100 bucks and be done with it. The Brickbeards bounty was well worth the $100 dollars, but imagine getting an Imperial Flagship, and 2 other small and medium sets included too. It was one of the best deals on ebay I ever got.

That is an insane bargain indeed, congrats.

I've just started assembling my Bricklink accumulated IF. It took me about a year to find everything, and I only learned recently that the set is still listed on the Lego missing brick/pick bricks page. Finding that out sooner would likely have saved me time.

The killer pieces are the red-brown masts and large plates. Both are unique to the set and therefore ungodly expensive, to the point where it would be cheaper to buy the complete ship itself even with the speculator's markup. This will be where you'll need to do your colour substitutions.

Good luck.

Edited by Kwatchi

I'm considering this one.

All items are not really hard to find. And the sails are reasonable.

Only thing indeed the red-brown masts and large brown plates.

Anyone did both with substitues? I'm thinking about using Brick, Round 2 x 2 to create masts and take 2 smaller brown plates

and then wait until they will be in a new set :)

It turns out there old brown mast bricks and they tend to be far more reasonable and are slow close in colour you cannot really tell. I'll try to post a pic of my 95% "Bricklink" Flagship.

One bit of advice. The 4 mast bricks which sit on top of the 3 masts and front spar all connect with technic rods. But there are two designs of the piece: one where the rod hole is an 'x' and one where it is a '+'. You want the latter, so make sure you grab the right one.

Hi.. I've been a big eBay fan and yes you can find some bargains .. If patient ...

I will recommend a site called brickowl.com .. A very very cheap brick site .. If you source them correctly .. I've made dozens of purchases and had no problems in receiving goods .. New and used ..From USA to Poland ..

Hope that helps and to anyone reading this ..

I am also thinking about bricklinking the Imperial Flagship and may also look at brickowl.com (thank you Stuart). I would be interested in any tips that anyone had or pictures anyone had of a completed IF

Edit:

Just had another look at Brickowl.com and there is a feature I absolutely love (bearing in mind I am from Aussie Land and want to keep the shipping down). This may help others (or be redundant, depending on your knowledge of buying.. mine is relatively low).

However, once I created a wishlist on Brickowl.com (I checked the inventory against the lego pdf - I did this in both Bricklink and Brickowl) - then when I click on a store - beside the store it gave me the number of items in each store that was on my wishlist - then by modifying future wishlists etc - I hope to reduce the postage costs. I just found this to be a handy mechanism...

Iny0kOe.png

(I know I can go into each store on bricklink and click on the in my wishlist feature - but found it clunkier and harder to navigate - but it is also there if that site is your preference....

Please feel free to ignore if the information is already known... :)

Edited by Montyh7

So I Bricklinked the Imperial Flagship. My running total is EUR240.00 including shipping.

If I search enough, maybe i can save a few euros. My order does not include minifigs nor the instructions.

Substitution was made on the following:

Dark Brown Slope, Inverted 75 2 x 1 x 3

Dark Brown Slope, Curved 4 x 1 No Studs

Reddish Brown Support 2 x 2 x 11 Solid Pillar

I will upload pictures once I received all the parts

Edited by CisFran

The parts are arriving!

First to arrive are the sails, from the seller in Poland. Brand new and in original lego packaging.

Other parts will be arriving soon in the next few days pirate_laugh2.gif

20150902_091519_zpswjbnm5cl.jpg

So all of the parts have arrived. To sum it up, it was relatively easy to Bricklink this project. 90% of the parts are brand new. It took me two days to hunt the parts. I bought from 8 different shops, including Lego S@H. Most of the BL shops where I bought were located in Germany, cheapest and fastest to send. I bought the rigging and the boat mast in S@H since they have the cheapest price. For the boat hull, I think we can use the updated one (part# 95227 with 5 holes) since it was a lot cheaper and can be sourced easily brand new.

There were some substitutions as I noted on my post above. Certain parts that I didn't bought were the technic parts that I already have. So all in all, I spent around EUR240.00, including the EUR40 shipping charges.

Here are the pictures of the parts. I will update this as the work progresses...

20150909_081601_zpsf7kkth9v.jpg

20150909_081643_zps9pymj6je.jpg

20150909_081714_zpscxgowrip.jpg

20150909_081656_zpsvjvvqzhx.jpg

20150909_081706_zps3ctevaza.jpg

20150902_091519_zpswjbnm5cl.jpg

Work in progress

20150910_102217_zps2dwiw0on.jpg

20150910_101957_zpslwc1tcr0.jpg

20150910_101948_zpspy71ssek.jpg

If you can notice, I replaced the 4x1 tan brick arch with dark brown. The order for correct color is already on the way.

The bow. Since it's very hard to find the 4x1 curved part in dark brown (even S@H don't sell them), I replaced them with 1x3 and some tiles and cheese slopes.

I think it still looks ok.

20150910_102055_zpsenu3mgy9.jpg20150910_101328_zpsmppgelzt.jpg

Looks good so far, hope you are enjoying the build! Are you tempted to make any modifications, or will that come after you've built her?

Thanks, yes I'm really enjoying the build! The cost of a used one is around EUR400 and up. This one costs a lot less with brand new parts so I'm really pleased with it.

I will make some modifications, minor for the meantime, like pimp it up with 4 more canons and spruce up the captains' cabin. I'm planning to also put a crows nest, if it fits

Thanks, yes I'm really enjoying the build! The cost of a used one is around EUR400 and up. This one costs a lot less with brand new parts so I'm really pleased with it.

I will make some modifications, minor for the meantime, like pimp it up with 4 more canons and spruce up the captains' cabin. I'm planning to also put a crows nest, if it fits

Great update so far. How about the minifigures. Did you source all of them?

Great update so far. How about the minifigures. Did you source all of them?

No I didn't bought any minifigs but I will put the bluecoats from 70413 Brickbounty and from the Shipwreck defense from which I bought 2 sets.

A general's daughter will be missing but it will be easy to replace with other female minifigs with similar dress design.

So it will become a bluecoats' imperial ship since i will also use a blue flag. The original red flag is very expensive!