Sign in to follow this  
Mrcool1804

Battle of Spotsylvania

Holy crap, when you said you based it off the painting, you weren't kidding! :pir-oh3:

Great job remaking the scene with Lego, every detail in the painting is there.

Very cool set. People complain that it is hard to make Civil War MOC's because of the lack of Confederate troops, but it is actually really easy, as you showed here. Just take a lot of cowboy hats and random torsos that look kind of western or bandit-like and you can create an army. It is a common mistake that the Confederacy all wore grey uniforms.

Really well done you manage to evoke the feeling of the painting really well. You've selected the most important figuers and recreated them ell (mostly the colour CSA troops), I'm not sure I can suggest any improvments on this.

Its a great entry, I wish you the best of luck! :thumbup: Your pics turned out great.

Consider it blogged.

blogged.png

PS, you need to re-size your pics. If you don't know how just use this tutorial. Its very simple to follow.

Edited by Ratshot

Thanks for the comments! This was my first MOC and first time to participate in a contest since joining EB. :pir_laugh2:

I just linked the photo from Flickr, and the next smallest size was just a little too small. Did I do this incorrectly? Should I post the smaller photo instead?

Looking good :thumbup:

The cheeses by the minifigs in the water make it look very real and it looks a lot like the painting.

And some minifigs have a 1x2 brick instead of legs, why is that?

Good job anyway!

Looking good :thumbup:

The cheeses by the minifigs in the water make it look very real and it looks a lot like the painting.

And some minifigs have a 1x2 brick instead of legs, why is that?

Good job anyway!

Thanks! I used 1x2's because the legs made them look like they were walking on water, and the mini legs gave the same impression, I wanted to make it look like they were wading in the water.

It looks realistic and the river gives a nice touch, i might vote you but here is still so many great entrys. Good luck for the contest mate :pir-classic:

Captain Becker

The idea to do a Civil War battle rather than the more historical battles that most are doing is ingenious. On top of that the river bank and river itself look marvelous. This is a fantastic entry.