CopMike

Container Raffle Build

Hi there all you train lovers!

It´s time for a quick & fun building challenge where you can win the new 10219 minifigs :sweet: !

Here are the rules:

• To participate you have to be a member of Eurobricks since before the 8th of march 2011, meaning yesterday.
  • The object is to build a container, it has to be 6x16 studs in size and 5 bricks 2 plates high.
  • Only real entries - no LDD, MLCad, etc.
  • Use any colors and parts you want, the crazier the better. But stay within 6x16 studs.
  • Only one entry per member.
  • Post your best picture in this thread, maximum size 640x480 pixels.
  • Have fun and go nuts!
  • Stickers can off course be used.
  • As for "overhang" outside the 6x16, please read this post!
  • The competition closes at 10pm CET the 26th of March.

Here is an example I made in MLCad:

gallery_148_132_82587.jpg

And it´s not allowed for you to use non-real parts like I just did :tongue:!

gallery_148_132_5621.jpg

There will be 15 prizes *oh2* , each containing all of the 3 minifigs, like this:

gallery_148_132_6437.jpggallery_148_132_6437.jpggallery_148_132_6437.jpggallery_148_132_6437.jpggallery_148_132_6437.jpg

gallery_148_132_6437.jpggallery_148_132_6437.jpggallery_148_132_6437.jpggallery_148_132_6437.jpggallery_148_132_6437.jpg

They will be raffled out between all of you that have entered the competition using the rules above.

So everybody has an equal chance regardless of "quality" - so don´t miss this opportunity to get figs from a $120 set for free shipped to you :sweet:!

Now get your fingers into that pile of bricks on your dinner table and start building!

And honestly ...........- isn´t life here at Eurobricks pretty sweet :wink:?!!!

You heard the man. :thumbup: Loud Train Whistle for CopMike. What an awesome raffle build! I'm looking forward to seeing all the wonderful containers.

Will photos have to be inserted in the post or can they be linked via Brickshelf, Flickr, etc..? I'm afraid I am still in the dark on resizing them appropriately with a MAC? :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

Will photos have to be inserted in the post or can they be linked via Brickshelf, Flickr, etc..? I'm afraid I am still in the dark on resizing them appropriately with a MAC? :hmpf_bad:

Hi! I´d like them to be inserted. Here´s a bunch of tutorials made by EB staff for your pleasure :sweet:! You have 17 days to learn how :wink:!

Wow.

WE LOVE COPMIKE!!!

All together now...

I'm sooo participating in this ;)

Is the train raffled out as well or is it won like in a regular competition?

This is going to be fun seeing all these wild containers.

Are the containers allowed to have roof detailing? Mine has a few 1x2 plates in certain areas on the roof for stacking.

Is the train raffled out as well or is it won like in a regular competition?

I must have missed something - where does it say anything about the train being prized out in a competiton :hmpf_bad:? This is about figs.

Hi! I´d like them to be inserted. Here´s a bunch of tutorials made by EB staff for your pleasure :sweet:! You have 17 days to learn how :wink:!

Thanks for your response but, I have scoured over those tutorials and the MAC OS is completely different. I don't have any of those commands, at least not that I know of. I am still learning MAC OS myself. Apart from that I have also tried deep linking but, get error messages. I read through a conversation between Hinkley and J.B. because he had the same error but, still couldn't get it to work. Can someone direct me to the topic to get some personal help so I don't gunk this one up with questions regarding solutions for MAC OS?

offtopic: I also have Mac OS, but well... it just works... so I guess there are other problems.

ontopic: I'll try to make some container :)

I must have missed something - where does it say anything about the train being prized out in a competiton :hmpf_bad:? This is about figs.

sorry I read it wrong silly me

Thanks for your response but, I have scoured over those tutorials and the MAC OS is completely different. I don't have any of those commands, at least not that I know of. I am still learning MAC OS myself. Apart from that I have also tried deep linking but, get error messages. I read through a conversation between Hinkley and J.B. because he had the same error but, still couldn't get it to work. Can someone direct me to the topic to get some personal help so I don't gunk this one up with questions regarding solutions for MAC OS?

Ok, have you got this, Resize Pictures Suite 1.4? Have you checked the Mac Forum? And what error messages do you get when deeplinking pictures? Now this thread isn´t for learning ones computer so build, take a picture and try to upload it. If it doesn´t work send me a pm with a link to the picture.

CopMike, you have a mistake in the 1st post(thread start),you wrote mars instead of march :grin: .Anyway nice raffle i think ill particulate ,if i have time :classic: .

CopMike, you have a mistake in the 1st post(thread start),you wrote mars instead of march :grin: .Anyway nice raffle i think ill particulate ,if i have time :classic: .

Where, I can´t see it :wink:?! Thanks :blush: !

I have a question about overhang. Is it okay if a 1X1 tile is placed on a 1X1 brick with stud on the side (not recessed)? I just want to make sure as I am incorporating that design in my cargo unit twice.

Edit: Added more information.

Edited by JCC1004

Here's my container.

A yellow one, as the collectible minifigures serie 1 packages.

Sort of display/storage container for each serie, except color changing.

eurobricks_container_size.jpg

Edited by Nikola

I have a question about overhang. Is it okay if a 1X1 tile is placed on a 1X1 brick with stud on the side (not recessed)? I just want to make sure as I am incorporating that design in my cargo unit twice.

Edit: Added more information.

Oki doki!

Oh I love Eurobricks so much :cry_happy:

Thank you CopMike for this raffle, I'll see what kind 6x16 crazy box I can build!

Welcome Nikola! And cheers for kicking off the raffle in style with your build there. However...

[*]To participate you have to be a member of Eurobricks since before the 8th of march 2011, meaning yesterday.

:sceptic:

Although I'm sure CopMike will think of something. In the meantime, why not head over to the Hello, my name is... section and tell us more about yourself :sweet:

I will make a tutorial for you when I get home - its super easy and you need no new software :)

Here is my ticket to the raffle:

Captain Speedman thought that he would finally be considered as a serious guy by the scientific community by bringing this terrrrible beast back from the bottom of the ocean (by train).

container.jpg

:grin: Poor Mrs Puff!

Good luck everybody :classic:

Edited by Decale

Welcome Nikola! And cheers for kicking off the raffle in style with your build there. However...

:sceptic:

Although I'm sure CopMike will think of something. In the meantime, why not head over to the Hello, my name is... section and tell us more about yourself :sweet:

Sorry for my first post, that was rude.

I finally introduced myself to the dedicated section.

I can't participate to the event, but couldn't resist to finally build something and post it on a community forum. Hehe, For once I'm able to create something.^^

Sorry in a hurry, had an impulse :)

Just a quick question are we allowed to use stickers (I was planning on using some stickers from a Lego set, is that okay)

But anyway, This sounds like a great competition and I'm looking forward to seeing the entries default_classic.gif

Possibly a stupid clarification but figured I'd ask... Per the title, is this an actual raffle like the recent Series 4 one (you enter anything that fits the guidelines and winners are drawn randomly), or a competition (mentioned later in the original post) where the entry is actually judged against others?

In other words, how're the winners picked?

(I'm really digging these random raffle/contest/competition events. :))

m19

Edited by Morgan19