Sign in to follow this  
CarsonBrick

Architecture Contest: Kinkaku-ji

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Here's my entry! This is the scred Kinkaku-ji temple in Kyoto, Japan. It is based on the Landmark Series.

6908287100_7d0520e967_c.jpg

Kinkaku-ji by Carson Hart, on Flickr

Here a back view. Please ignore a few of the missing grill plates :blush:

6908280418_9b9875d1e5_c.jpg

Kinkaku-ji Back View by Carson Hart, on Flickr

Reference photo:

640px-Kinkaku3402CBcropped.jpg

Good luck to the very talented contestants! I'm amazed by the quality in some of the builds. :sweet:

Edited by CarsonBrick
Indexed. Oversized picture tags removed

It's interesting to see how the same building can yield so different results in LEGO. I like your take on it, with more detailing on the walls :sweet:. Good luck in the competition.

Great technique with the tile grills set into upside down plates. I didn't even know you can do that!

Carson! You chose a YELLOW building????! I have some PAB wall pieces I could have lent default_blink.gif

Only kidding. This is beautifully delicate. As Cecile said, wonderful to see two takes of the same building, especially one I'm not familiar with.

Carson! You chose a YELLOW building????! I have some PAB wall pieces I could have lent default_blink.gif

Only kidding. This is beautifully delicate. As Cecile said, wonderful to see two takes of the same building, especially one I'm not familiar with.

I love this very much ! You make the good attractive view.

CarsonBrick, please resize your 'real building' picture to a maximum 800x600 pixels. Thanks!

CarsonBrick, please resize your 'real building' picture to a maximum 800x600 pixels. Thanks!

Ok, sorry about that. I tried to but whenever i did, it wouldn't seem to work. Can you help me with that? Thanks in advance.

Check the tutorial index (link in my signature) for a guide on how to resize images. You might have to download, edit, and host that image yourself if it's from a different website.

Check the tutorial index (link in my signature) for a guide on how to resize images. You might have to download, edit, and host that image yourself if it's from a different website.

Great, thanks! I fixed the photos.