Masked Builder

[MOC] Evacuating Nar Shadda

gallery_101_23_281.gif

img_3346.jpg

Mission Log:

Apparently the "higher ups" decided to leave this planet to the Separatists. My crew and I fought our way out of there as quick as we could. We got to the evac point, and teamed up with the Galactic Marines, just as our shuttle off this rock was arriving.

img_3343.jpg

img_3350.jpg

img_3349.jpg

img_3352.jpg

img_3345.jpg

img_3348.jpg

img_3351.jpg

How's this look Brickdoctor?

This one, while not as cool as Mission 4.2, is still nice in my mind. I wasn't quite sure what to do for this one. I did come up with this idea though. Sorry for posting two MOCs like this KimT. I didn't have time to posts last weeks MOC. :blush:

Built March 2011

Brickshelf (when moderated)

Flickr

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

The best thing about this MOC is the photography and that last shoot - staring down the barrel of a blaster - just too COOL ! :grin:

You are getting good at these 16x16 vigs 'Masked Builder', very good work, especially the dropship ! :thumbup:

May the brick be with you ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

How's this look Brickdoctor?

Looks good. :thumbup: The one thing I would do is to lower the whole vig into the base by 1 plate, so that the base edge and the vig's 'floor' are flush and even.

Thanks you two! Too bad I ran out of parts for those guns.....

Looks good. :thumbup: The one thing I would do is to lower the whole vig into the base by 1 plate, so that the base edge and the vig's 'floor' are flush and even.

Okay I'll do that on my next one. :wink:

IMO this is your best vig...ever. I love the use of the trans red piece, the gunships positioning is great, and of course the tiles make it look it look presentable. Very nice!

I think the ship needs to be higher for aerial shots. Even from above it still looks like a mini ship compared to the minifig size.

I agree the build of the base is significantly better than your last builds MB, and I understand that your trying to create a forced-perspective shot for the midi-gunship right?. However, it doesn't seem to look that way since I still view the farther clones to be larger than the nearer gunship. I think it should be the other way around for forced-perspectives.

Oh yeah, here are some hints on forced-perspective:

-one of the two halves, preferably the background, needs to be blurry. Whether this means you increase the distance or get an expensive lens that only focuses on that part, having both of them fairly sharp ruins the illusion.

-exposed studs in the background will kill you. They immediately give a sense of scale, and if you have studs in both halves, the viewers can easily judge the true distance between the two halves.

-in general, though not required, it's better to have the background be the smaller piece. Perhaps a shot looking upward at the gunship but focused on the clones would work better here.

Oh yeah, here are some hints on forced-perspective:

-one of the two halves, preferably the background, needs to be blurry. Whether this means you increase the distance or get an expensive lens that only focuses on that part, having both of them fairly sharp ruins the illusion.

-exposed studs in the background will kill you. They immediately give a sense of scale, and if you have studs in both halves, the viewers can easily judge the true distance between the two halves.

-in general, though not required, it's better to have the background be the smaller piece. Perhaps a shot looking upward at the gunship but focused on the clones would work better here.

Yeah- My camera has a "Multi Focus Mode" and a "Spot Focus Mode".

Wow Masked Builder that forced-perspective looks great, is the LAAT/i a custom or is it one of TLG's? I think I like this one better than your first. :thumbup::thumbup:

This looks very nice. Probably my favorite of your Nar Shadda MOCs, and it looks so smooth.

Great job :thumbup:

I find myself wishing the gunship was a little higher for the aerial shot, but I love the concept and it looks fantastic.