Thanks for the review, it gave me a good understanding of how complex this model is, and how everything works.

Also got a good view of some of the most interesting parts from your pics.

Good review. I can also attest to the fact that differentiating between the black and dark bluish grey beams is something TLG could really work on.

Good review. I can also attest to the fact that differentiating between the black and dark bluish grey beams is something TLG could really work on.

Good to know :) I wear glasses and my 6yo son never seems to have a problem picking the colours out. I just assume its me.

Great review, Nathan! It makes me want to get my hands on this set even more!

In regards to the "lurching" of the 3-part boom (shown in the middle of your

below), perhaps there is some friction causing the boom pieces to bind up. Maybe some 100% Silicone Spray (which you can buy at your local auto parts store) would make the boom operate more smoothly. 100% Silicone is safe to use on Lego parts without affecting the plastic at all.

In regards to the "Stabilizer Wobble" shown in your

below, is it practical to replace the bent 16L axle while the set is fully assembled? Could you use your Needlenose Pliers to reshape the axle so that it's not bent anymore?

Thanks for the excellent review. And I also have terrible trouble in differentiating the two colors.

That's a very nice review! It was a good read.

Thanks for making it! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks for the review.

I think those colors are an age thing. My young son has no problems telling the difference.

The two colours are not an age thing, my vision is fine and I sometimes have trouble telling which is which. Some sets have the black parts black with grey outlines in the instructions, i've always found that to be much better.

Thanks for the detailed and clear review, Maybe they should have used a metal 16L axle or something for the stabilizers, glad it has lots of gears though :P

I think I'm gonna leave this set an just get the boss crawler as it has the new curved panels and maybe the new gears anyhow.

Is the B model instructions included? how many books for it?

Edited by SNIPE

In regards to the "Stabilizer Wobble" shown in your

below, is it practical to replace the bent 16L axle while the set is fully assembled? Could you use your Needlenose Pliers to reshape the axle so that it's not bent anymore?

The bend is very slight, so trying to correct it manually would probably make it worse.

Is the B model instructions included? how many books for it?

No, the B-model instructions can only be downloaded, but since this set hasn't officially been released yet they are not available.

Aren't those long axles packed in something stiff to protect them from getting bent?

Aren't those long axles packed in something stiff to protect them from getting bent?

No. The Axle-32s were loose in the box, and the Axle-16s were in the plastic bags with the other parts. They didn't get bent until I had to insert them into the gears though.

Okay. Well, this set interests me alot, but I fear it will be too expensive for me to get. As the Unimog had a "normal" price of 200-210 Euro in Norwegian online stores.

And with this set having like 600 more parts, I doubt it will be any less in price.

Exellent review! Makes me want it more! 13.5-14 hours build time is the only buzz kill. :cry_sad: But I still want it! :drool:

Okay. Well, this set interests me alot, but I fear it will be too expensive for me to get. As the Unimog had a "normal" price of 200-210 Euro in Norwegian online stores.

And with this set having like 600 more parts, I doubt it will be any less in price.

In the review he said about 1,000 connecters which make the cost (as talked about HERE) a SRP $219.99. Maybe sell my Xbox for it! :head_back:

Hello. My first post :laugh:

Very nice, that is very lucky to get 42009....So do you planning to do anything with that? (like motorizing all functions, Build B model etc....)

I would also like to know if there's most of the 2L black pins or the 3L blue pins.

Ah, thanks, I didn't scroll all the way down so I could see the count :laugh:

Btw, does anyone know where the black "Technic Tooth 1x3 with Axlehole" is on this crane? I don't see any logical placement for it.

Edited by Error404