Pier WIP

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic  – Started by BlueBard , May 11 2008 10:52 PM

#26 SlyOwl

SlyOwl
  • Watch out for Infuriated Isaac's metatarsal!

Member: 2057

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

Seagulls - is that yellow clip for "mine" really necessary? The skeleton arm can clip onto the shaft of the trans-cannon or half of the clip can slot into the hollow sud at the top of the trans-cannon :pir-wink:
I like the other too - sort of a giant killer seagull :pir-laugh:

View PostMister Phes, on May 25 2008, 04:19 PM, said:

Is it just me or do Brick-Built birdies don't look so good?  As cleverly as they are designed they don't really maintain that LEGO-animal aesthetic and look as though they're intended to be ornamental rather than organic, living creatures.
In general, Lego animals are simplified in most areas, but have "key" elements of detail that a child would draw: for example, there is little moulding on the horse piece's legs, whereas it still has a textured mane. Compare this to MicahBerger's horse, which has less detail on the mane, but is overall more reallistic:
Posted Image

Oh, and I'd suggest using black flagpoles in the drain - they wouldn't be made of stone and it gives some better contrast :thumbup:

Edited by SlyOwl, 30 May 2008 - 03:37 PM.

To the barricades!
Posted Image

#27 BlueBard

BlueBard

Member: 2796

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:44 PM

View PostClonecommando007, on May 30 2008, 03:15 PM, said:

I like how you did the door, and windows.  Also I love the little grating at the bottom!  Very clever platform.

And those seagulls are amazing.

Thanks!  :pir-devil:

View PostSlyOwl, on May 30 2008, 05:36 PM, said:

Seagulls - is that yellow clip for "mine" really necessary? The skeleton arm can clip onto the shaft of the trans-cannon or half of the clip can slot into the hollow sud at the top of the trans-cannon :pir-wink:

Oh, and I'd suggest using black flagpoles in the drain - they wouldn't be made of stone and it gives some better contrast :thumbup:

Yes, I totally agree. I did not think on that details...  :pir-grin:  Actually, I have changed it and it looks quite better :pir-wink:  :thumbup:

I like the other too - sort of a giant killer seagull :pir-laugh:

You never know how much dangerous a seagull can be!  :pir-tongue:

Edited by BlueBard, 31 May 2008 - 01:45 PM.

#28 Asuka

Asuka
  • Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:31 AM

Now this starts to look very impressive indeed.... your main structure´s very detailed and that sewer´s great. The tavern
looks very original and the color scheme fits well too.... a pretty smart work!  :pir-cry_happy:

#29 Basiliscus

Basiliscus

Member: 890

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

This is coming along very nicely! The tavern is very nice, I like your use of colour on this and I absolutely LOVE the design around the door - very nice! I also think the use of the pieces you have used along the waterfront (they are kinda like handles) make a good theme. I notice you've used it in the "streets top" MOC too and I think it adds a little bit of individuality to your MOCs by keeping them with a regular theme, if you see what I mean!

I do agree with SlyOwl that using black bars on the drain would give some contrast, but it's not the end of the world if you don't.

Keep up the good work!   :pir-classic:

Wahil Musca, slaver and entrepreneur of Kaliphlin, ambassador to the Emir of Gorr

Latest MOCs
Posted Image-Posted Image-Posted Image-Posted Image

Flickr

#30 BlueBard

BlueBard

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

Thanks!  :pir-sweet:

I hope you'll also like the rest of the tavern, the store, the interiors, and, of course the "secrets"...  :pir-grin:

View PostBasiliscus, on Jun 1 2008, 11:52 AM, said:

I also think the use of the pieces you have used along the waterfront (they are kinda like handles) make a good theme. I notice you've used it in the "streets top" MOC too and I think it adds a little bit of individuality to your MOCs by keeping them with a regular theme, if you see what I mean!

Yes, I think you've noticed I really like the style those pieces give to the walls. It's a really simple but nice trick  :pir-tongue:
Here they're also little scales for climbing to the pier :pir-classic:

I hope this week I'll have time to finish the last MFs (I'll post pics of the "casting"  :pir-tongue: ) and if everything goes right I'll post the final model before the end of June

Keep watching!  :pir_yoda:

#31 BlueBard

BlueBard

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:44 AM

I've finally printed the large number of decals I needed and I've finished to stick them. After this long work I can say I'm quite proud of most of them which really looks like better than official Mini-Figures  :pir-tongue:

We got a real treasure with that Pirate Torso Library!  :pir-cry_happy:

I'm going to take pics of the casting for the Pier and I'll try to post it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I hope you'll like it!  :pir_yoda:

#32 BlueBard

BlueBard

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:49 PM

And finally here's the casting for the MOC Pier!

Posted Image

I know most of you wish to know who those fellows are but thinking it better I decided not doing a tour because it would reveal too much of the MOC's scenes...!  :pir-tongue: Anyway I'll try to post the final model as soon as I can so, by the moment, there's a little advance:  :pir-wink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments are welcome!  :pir_yoda:

#33 Axle

Axle
  • Pirate Stop Motion Animator

Member: 1011

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

This is going to be very good, my favourite minifig of yours is in the 10th picture, 4th across (From the left).

#34 BlueBard

BlueBard

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:46 PM

View PostAxle, on Jun 10 2008, 03:43 PM, said:

This is going to be very good, my favourite minifig of yours is in the 10th picture, 4th across (From the left).

Thanks!  :pir-sweet:

I suppose you mean this one, don't you?

Posted Image

#35 BlueBard

BlueBard

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:19 AM

Posted Image

:pir-grin:

Due to technical difficulties, the big post for my Pier MOC is going to be delayed, at least, until the next month (when I'll have more free time... :pir-tongue: )

Anyway I hope you will like the MOC, even if it's "allways coming soon"...  :pir-tongue:

Edited by BlueBard, 17 June 2008 - 01:21 AM.

#36 BlueBard

BlueBard

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:09 PM

Well it seems I'm the only one posting here! But what do you want I love talking about my MOCs...  :pir-tongue:

I want just to announce that a friend of mine is going to come and help me with his camera and his tripod to take nice shots of this MOC!  Friends are allway helpful, doesn't they? :pir-sweet:  

So, even if I need a bit of time for resizing and arranging the photos I suppose the final work will be posted this next week. Hope you'll like it!  :pir-wink:

Keep watching the sea, some PierMOC is coming! LOL  :pir_yoda:

#37 Stash2Sixx

Stash2Sixx
  • I am not a girl!

Member: 3094

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

I am also starting a port, but it is still in the paper/pencil stage.  First and foremost is the pirate ship (no name yet) which will wreak havoc on the port (no name on this either, yet).  Looking forward to your shots!!!

Some people are like slinkies.  They're not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs! -Anonymous

"Life's tough...It's even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#38 Adam

Adam
  • Smexy

Member: 3197

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:30 PM

I sense great things on the way...  :pir-wink:
Good work (so far! :pir-sweet: )! I  :pir-wub:  the characters, nice one there!

Posted Image

​Currently playing as the enigmatic Archie Matthews in Tammo's Party Lines Mafia!

Have a look at my Flickr page!

#39 Phred

Phred
  • Kinda back

Member: 1037

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:47 PM

View PostBlueBard, on Jun 28 2008, 11:09 AM, said:

I want just to announce that a friend of mine is going to come and help me with his camera and his tripod to take nice shots of this MOC!  Friends are always helpful, aren't they? :pir-sweet:
Wow, professional pics of your port :thumbup:
I'll look forward to them mate. :pir-classic:
But i what was wrong with the old pics? :pir-cry_sad:
They look better than what my camera can do. :pir-wink:

Pirates don't hunt for treasure.  They bury it- I mean we bury it.  - Captain Kirk

Posted Image

#40 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:50 PM

Oh, I didn't see this earlier, nice work :pir-classic:
the people look great.

there is one guy with a darth vader head. Is he just another pirate or is he a ghost or something like that?
Duke of Equestria

#41 BlueBard

BlueBard

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:46 PM

View PostAdam, on Jun 28 2008, 08:30 PM, said:

I sense great things on the way...  :pir-wink:
Good work (so far! :pir-sweet: )! I  :pir-wub:  the characters, nice one there!

View PostWout, on Jun 29 2008, 08:50 PM, said:

Oh, I didn't see this earlier, nice work :pir-classic:
the people look great.

there is one guy with a darth vader head. Is he just another pirate or is he a ghost or something like that?

Thank you!  :pir-blush:

The guy with Vader's face is a leper, that's why he got this skin...  :pir-tongue:

BTW, we've taken the shots and now I'm resizing and editing some of them so the final work will be posted this week...  :jollyroger:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links