Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Pictures Spotted!

So far, we know of ten of the 16 Series 6 figures. Thanks to our Asian EB members Alywin and zhancobricks for bringing us these pictures!

- Picture removed on request of LEGO -

All original images below are credited to the Taiwan LEGO Forum, POCKYLAND.net.

Thanks also to vexorian for collating all the information below.

c_8827_detail_1_800.jpg

The List So Far

Statue of Liberty

Alien (Gray)

Leprechaun

Butcher

Greaser Mechanic

Skater (Female)

Barbarian / Highlander / Guy with Sword / etc.

Minotaur (Tribal man)

Genie

Space Woman

Pyjama Kid

Roman (?) Soldier

Girl with fan

Cowboy

Surgeon

Robot

Hi, all.

As reported by a LEGO fan in a Taiwan LEGO fans forum, Pockyland, there are two minifigs which are "unseen" before leaked from certain factory from Mainland China. They are the Statue of Liberty and an Alien. It is suspected that they might be among the Series 6, but no solid proof is available so far.

Honestly, as observed from the photos, it seems to me that the quality of the molding and the printing as shown on those unseen minifigs are quite up to the LEGO official product standard. If they are custom made minifigs, the skills of the creator must be very superior.

Has anyone seen them before? Does anyone know where they come from? What do you think?

Original source of the photos:Pockyland

Bonaparte: Pictures removed on request of LEGO

Edited by Bonaparte

Hi, all.

As reported by a LEGO fan in a Taiwan LEGO fans forum, Pockyland, there are two minifigs which are "unseen" before leaked from certain factory from Mainland China. They are the Statue of Liberty and an Alien. It is suspected that they might be among the Series 6, but no solid proof is available so far.

Honestly, as observed from the photos, it seems to me that the quality of the molding and the printing as shown on those unseen minifigs are quite up to the LEGO official product standard. If they are custom made minifigs, the skills of the creator must be very superior.

Has anyone seen them before? Does anyone know where they come from? What do you think?

Edit by Rufus: Pictures removed from quote

They certainly look legit. The Statue of Liberty is amazing... Love the gray's head as well, but the torso, not so much.

Edited by Rufus

Hi, all.

Wow! Thanks for the info, Alywin! :sweet: Judging from the way the light hits the aliens torso (I've found that the Collectible Minifigures' parts look different in the light due to the different quality of plastic), I'd say this looks pretty real. However, since LEGO is an international company, I can't see them making something like the Statue of Liberty (although there are several in the world- not just in New York).

All skepticism aside, both of those figures look really nice. :thumbup: The Alien's head looks fantastic, and I really like his torso print as well, and the new headgear mold for the Statue of Liberty looks great!

Let's hope some more pictures leak soon!

That Statue of Liberty is incredible. These might be from a collectible minifigure series, or they might be promos of some sort, but whatever the case that particular fig has to be official. I've never seen a customizer or clone brand match the modern minifigure aesthetic so perfectly.

Thanks, Allwyn! I'll need to wait for some confirmation before I get too excited, though they certainly look official.

However, since LEGO is an international company, I can't see them making something like the Statue of Liberty (although there are several in the world- not just in New York).

It's an internationally-recognised icon, much like the Grenadier Guard, so I think it's quite possible. :sweet:

It's interesting that the alien has red hands. Perhaps that's preliminary like other red test elements you sometimes hear about.

I think the printing on the alien torso looks very legit. The thickness of the lines and the style definitely look Lego to me.

The statue of liberty is really cool! The torch piece has probably never been in that color. And that head piece is going to be great. You might be able to use the head to make a female version of an "army man" (the green guys from Toy Story sets) - but I think that's a different shade of green there. I wonder if they'll end up putting a printing on the skirt. Usually the dress print goes on the vertical side, though.

That alien is going to give me nightmares! That's got to be the first scary lego minifigure ever.

I'm willing to bet those are legit. On the source link there's also a picture of the Young Han Solo minifig which isn't due out until September 16th along with the Padawan Menace DVD.

The Statue of Liberty minifig looks amazing. :)

Lady Liberty looks great, I'd like a better toga for ther lower half though, but still, superb. :classic:

Looks like the photographer put the slope on backwards.

While I would welcome the release of a 'realistic' alien head (whatever that means! :wacko:) the combination of alien head, robot torsoe and red hands is dubious at best! Lady Liberty looks like a quite finalised design though. On the other hand I doubt that preliminary designs would ever leak from a factory.

Then as Aanchir mentioned, some of these minifigs could also be meant as promotional items -- is there a Lego store opening in NYC in the near future?

That alien is going to give me nightmares! That's got to be the first scary lego minifigure ever.

But... it's cute! I'd rather give the scariest minifig prize to the Atlantis Portal Emperor (without his helmet), for example. But we all have different sort of nightmares. :tongue:

Statue of Liberty looks absolutely great, I really hope it's legit! And then Venus de Milo in Series 7? :laugh:

I think these are the real deal as they don't look like customs and I cannot imagine the statue of liberty being used in a normal set so must likely part of the CMF series. I hope others will be leaked gradually as it's quite exciting finding out what is coming figure by figure to add suspense rather than seeing them all in one go.

As it happens I only buy the figures I like due to budgeting reasons so don't really see any use for the Statue of Liberty and I'm not that into space stuff (alien) but nice to hear something about Series 6. One of the great things about the CMF series is that there is usually something that will appeal and some new parts which will be useful for my town. Hopefully we will hear more soon though not all at once!

Nice. Those certainly look legit and the Statue of Liberty looks incredible. :sweet: What color green is that? It looks like a mix of sand green and normal green. Aanchir?

Those seem interesting, but if they are real, let's just hope they are prototypes. Quality on some of the parts give me an impression that it's more of Really good custom made or boarder line generic figure.

I think these are the real deal as they don't look like customs and I cannot imagine the statue of liberty being used in a normal set so must likely part of the CMF series.

That Statue of Liberty will be the next Architecture set. It will have a couple hundred pieces as a base, and cost $99.00US.

Ok, not really. Looks very good. I think, from my American perspective, they are releasing these at the wrong times; the graduate, for example, should have been released in the last series so people could give them as gifts for spring graduation. The Statue of Liberty should have been released for Independence Day. From an American perspective, it's like releasing a Santa Clause in February.

I remember really wishing I could afford the Statue of Liberty set when it came out - looks like I'll have a second chance! Assuming of course that this is a CMF and not some promo item that's going to be ridiculously difficult to track down.

Nice. Those certainly look legit and the Statue of Liberty looks incredible. :sweet: What color green is that? It looks like a mix of sand green and normal green. Aanchir?

Pretty sure it's just Sand Green. That's how it looks on my screen, anyway.

I wonder if the Alien could be a new Alien conquest foe instead of a CM. Because that gun as CM accessory would be redundant by now. Although it wouldn't be in production right now, I think?

Edited by vexorian

While the Statue of Liberty looks hot, I'm not too keen on the alien (right now anyway). Always excited to get more pieces in the sand colours.

Haha! That's exactly what I thought! Its cool cause that's the kind of alien I was hoping for in series 3, but now that I see it its kinda spooky...

I wonder if the Alien could be a new Alien conquest foe. Because that gun as CM accessory would be redundant by now. Although it wouldn't be in production right now, I think?

I think the Alien Conquest theme is re-using the gun in their sets, I'm not positive cause I don't own any of them, but I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere.

I think the Alien Conquest theme is re-using the gun in their sets, I'm not positive cause I don't own any of them, but I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere.

It's been used in CMF 3 times, Alien Conquest & Spongebob.

The Statue of Liberty looks really neat, and can't wait to see a pic with the skirt on correctly. The alien just looks terrible. I don't like anything about it.