La Catapulta De Muerte

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Forresto

Forresto

• Soccor Star

Member: 6841

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

la Catapulta De Muerte (The catapult of death)

Posted Image

This Trap'ekien catapulta is a massive, orc designed weapon, that flings doom where ever it's ordered to (usually Mitgardia :devil: ). It's six wheels are designed to move on all terrain and are even at home moving through hilly terrain. It has the capacity for a crew of six and an archer for defense. It can launch a projectile of up to 120 kilograms more then 300 meteres (forgive me i'm american so i'm not used to the metric system :blush: ). The main catapulta is supported by a thick iron frame, with a massive boulder to counterwait the catapulta on one end. Due to both the heavy wheels, counterwait, and frame this paticular type of catapulta is heavier then the average projectile siege weapon. Because of it's excessive wieght, it can not be pulled by any normal beast of burden like a kreole or oliphant therefore the largest creature to inhabit Trap'ek (in the East of Historia) was needed. The Kai'reen (Kai'reem as it's spelled by the desert nomads).

Posted Image

The Kai'reen is a large arthopod native to the northern deserts of Trap'ek. They survive in large herds of fifteen to twenty individuals roaming the desert, searching for oaises and pockets of water. They can survive long periods of time without water because they can store lots of liquid in the pockets on the top of their bulbous heads. They're size and the harsh conditions of their environment (where only the toughest can survive) provides the best animal to pull the catapultas of Trap'ek.

For more pictures:Brickshelf

Posted Image

Posted Image

Due to the sheer heaviness of the catapult, it can become a vunerable target on the battlefield. In order to prevent valuabe and expensive weapons from being destroyed, a special division has been devised. Riding ontop the backs of the swift and vicious Arachnis Areanuses, the spider jockys!

Posted Image

Thank you very much for viewing the latest of Mitgardia's latest death noticea er, Nocturnia's siege weapons :sweet: . Glory for Nocturnia!

Links to pictures when public: Brickshelf

"Be good or don't get caught." I tell my cats this every day - they never listen"
Link to my Flickr
Link to my 'Doctor Who' mocs

Posted Image  Thanks Joey!

#2 Captain BeerBeard

Captain BeerBeard

• Ringleader

Member: 18031

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

Nice. That's some crazy, evil weapon you got there. :thumbup:
Nocturnus Scoundrel

#3 Nightshroud99

Nightshroud99

Member: 7668

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

I like how you designed the spiders legs.  :thumbup:
My YouTube Channel! 20,000 subscribers and growing! I review LEGO!
http://www.youtube.c...r/Nightshroud99

#4 K-Nut

K-Nut

Member: 19691

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:06 AM

Typical Nocturnians, thinking big guns will win the war...  :hmpf: :laugh:  

This is very nice! I love all the different war machines that people are making. Though these Guild posts are getting rid of regular Castle MOCs.  :tongue:
My Collection

Posted Image

Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats

#5 Artanis I

Artanis I

• Who's Friggin' Dan?

Member: 10965

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

Impressive beast of a machine! The spiders are pretty cool. DOES IT FIRE?!? (The all important question!)

And of course the big guns will win it... Grond got them into Minas Tirith, didn't he?
Lego is not a dirty word

#6 Forresto

Forresto

• Soccor Star

Member: 6841

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:43 AM

View PostCaptain BeerBeard, on 24 November 2011 - 11:58 PM, said:

Nice. That's some crazy, evil weapon you got there. :thumbup:
Thank you I try :tongue:

View PostNightshroud99, on 25 November 2011 - 12:01 AM, said:

I like how you designed the spiders legs.  :thumbup:
I'm glad you noticed, those took ages to build. If anything the legs are the hardest part about designing a spider because there are so many of them.

View PostK-nut, on 25 November 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

Typical Nocturnians, thinking big guns will win the war...  :hmpf: :laugh:  

This is very nice! I love all the different war machines that people are making. Though these Guild posts are getting rid of regular Castle MOCs.  :tongue:
Thank you, and yes bigger is better, unless you need something really to do something then....

I think this whole guild thing is perfect for the forums though. I normally don't build castle MOCs but this guild contest is getting me to.

View PostArtanis I, on 25 November 2011 - 12:59 AM, said:

Impressive beast of a machine! The spiders are pretty cool. DOES IT FIRE?!? (The all important question!)

And of course the big guns will win it... Grond got them into Minas Tirith, didn't he?

Thank you so much. Yes it does fire, just not very far at this moment. With some minor modifications it could actually fire pretty far for a lego catapult!

In the words of those brave orcs who lost their lives at the battle of pellenor fields, "Grond! Grond! Grond!"

"Be good or don't get caught." I tell my cats this every day - they never listen"
Link to my Flickr
Link to my 'Doctor Who' mocs

Posted Image  Thanks Joey!

#7 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

• Returning Nocturnian Master

Member: 2955

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

A great creation  :thumbup: The Kai'reen is an interesting beast of burden, looks very cool. The spider jockeys look nimble and swift, which is a useful set of skills in a fast paced battle.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

#8 Hersbrucker

Hersbrucker

• WIP it good

Member: 22070

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

Thats great man  :thumbup:
What a Monster Machine  :devil:

Posted Image

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it.” Henry Royce †

My BL Shop______My MOCpages

#9 Captain Blackmoor

Captain Blackmoor

• Hates Redcoats, likes crab meat

Member: 4015

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

Holy smokes! That is awesome. :thumbup:
Those spiders are really cool too! And overall I just like the size of that.. thing.

Though I doubt such a machine will get far in the lands of Avalonia, with all the forests and rocks.. :devil:

Sail to My Brickshelf or to My MOCpages, or my Flickr Photostream!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines  - Index of helpful tutorials

Avalonia Trading Company

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users