RenegadeClone

[MOC] Deconstructed B-Wing starfighter

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi Guys,

I have started to post pics detailing the construction of my B-Wing starfighter on Brickshelf. Here is the first batch (to be moderated). I will add more soon and eventually post a parts list too. Enjoy :classic:

img_8552.jpg

Instructions

- illustrates construction of S-Foil Wings, Cockpit, and Primary Weapons Pod

And a taste of my "Flail'd" Millenium Falcon

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery

Wow! The interior of the MF is just so nice. The octagonal shaped hallways are so cool! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I can't wait to see more of your B-Wing too :classic:

the B-wing is nice, but what I find astounding is that you can make the System MF look like the UCS one. Lots of people mod its interior, but this is one of the best I've seen.

My pics have gone live now and are free to view :classic:

The Millenium falcon is based on Flail's amazing design - I simply redesigned the interior, adding a circuitry bay, hyperdrive and sleeping quarters/medical bay. Its possible to walk 360 degrees through the Falcon now.

I will post more pics of the B-wing engine construction and primary superstructure soon.

RenegadeClone

I'm curious what's so failed about the MF, it looks awesome. THe padded back seat things look really cool.

The B-Wing is lightyears ahead of TLG's design.

I'm curious what's so failed about the MF, it looks awesome. THe padded back seat things look really cool.

He said 'Flail'd'. Apparently, it's modeled after a previous MOC done by someone named Flail.

My pics have gone live now and are free to view :classic:

The Millenium falcon is based on Flail's amazing design - I simply redesigned the interior, adding a circuitry bay, hyperdrive and sleeping quarters/medical bay. Its possible to walk 360 degrees through the Falcon now.

I will post more pics of the B-wing engine construction and primary superstructure soon.

RenegadeClone

Hi RenegadeClone,

Can you post more pics of your B-wing engine construction and of the central wing?

Because I want to build your fantastic MOC!

I'm not fan of the UCS of Lego made. And I'm a minifig-scale fan...

If you have a LDD file or a part list of your creation, it will be awesome!

Thank you by advance.

Wow, i really dig the MF interior. My biggest complaint about that set was the unfinished inside of the ship. Your details are awesome: the "padded" walls, the improved med bay, the sleeping quarters, the area where Han and Leia kiss, and the floor grating where Han is trying to fix the Falcon in ESB. Nice!

You've inspired me to give it a shot with mine.

Did you build this first with LDD or did you just go at it with actual bricks? I'm pretty new to this, and MOCs in general as I came out of my dark ages last year, so any advise would be helpful.

Edited by Chills

Hi RenegadeClone,

Can you post more pics of your B-wing engine construction and of the central wing?

Thank you by advance.

I actually think he won't be able to reply to you so soon, since the last time he was online was in july.

though, that B-wing and especially the falcon are great!

anyways, good luck trying to get it done punisher16!

Hi RenegadeClone,

Thank you by advance.

I think I'm able to help you with that. I'm waiting for some 40 parts before I can start building (mostly 2x3 plates), but I have an LDD file as well parts lists (see the exploded image I included below).

8361359078_1d334e65f5_b_d.jpg

(upd: larger image here)

With a little luck, I'll have a write up ready sometime next weekend (if the parts get here of course) and yes, I intend to share these files! :classic:

Edited by krispy

I think I'm able to help you with that. I'm waiting for some 40 parts before I can start building (mostly 2x3 plates), but I have an LDD file as well parts lists (see the exploded image I included below).

8350383350_e4889f5826_b_d.jpg

(upd: larger image here)

With a little luck, I'll have a write up ready sometime next weekend (if the parts get here of course) and yes, I intend to share these files! :classic:

Thank you so much krispy!

I hope to build this amazing MOC with your instructions as soon as possible!

For upload your LDD file and your part list, you can use WeTransfer (https://www.wetransfer.com/) and post the link here...

Thank you again by advance.

Wow! Absolutely love the way he has completed the MF interior, it just look so much more complete, but done to a high standard! It also was a bug of mine that TLG seemed to have left it half finished... Shame he hasnt been online for a while, hope he is OK.

That parts list would be most excellent and widely received!

Whoa, I'd completely forgotten that my brother made that other account and posted some of the instructions before he gave up. Saw this post got bumped and thought I'd better finish the job. I still need to re-do the instructions for the weapons pod, S-foils and cockpit - the old ones are on my old Brickshelf account.

So here are the brand new in-progress B-wing instructions! I'm also planning a parts list at some point.

Krispy - where on earth did that LDD file come about from, it's awesome! (I've no experience at the program myself)

8355611291_8c1c9ddde5.jpg

The interior of the Millennium Falcon is beautiful. I don't need to repeat what a great job you've done with the panelling in the corridors, but I will anyway. The tan tiles in the walls look great!

The B-wing looks a very well-put-together model that I should build myself. The technic backbone seems more than sufficient to keep it together.

Great work, Renegade Clone, and thanks for the B-wing instructions!

Edit: spelling

Edited by jamesn

Thank you so much Renegade Clone!

Krispy, I'm waiting yours with your parts list too...

I'm currently working on a MOD of my old 6208 B-Wing.

Whoa, I'd completely forgotten that my brother made that other account and posted some of the instructions before he gave up. Saw this post got bumped and thought I'd better finish the job. I still need to re-do the instructions for the weapons pod, S-foils and cockpit - the old ones are on my old Brickshelf account.

So here are the brand new in-progress B-wing instructions! I'm also planning a parts list at some point.

Krispy - where on earth did that LDD file come about from, it's awesome! (I've no experience at the program myself)

8355611291_8c1c9ddde5.jpg

Hey! Now that's a helpful image (and flickr set :classic: ); I was wondering if I reconstructed the main wing correctly. It seems there are small differences, but the basics are (of course) the same. I see that I may have to do some last minute adjustments though: my technics skeleton consists of 2 parts; I think it'd be wise to have them join up for increased rigidity.

The LDD file I made from scratch, mainly because I wondered what parts I'd need to build this starfighter (only recently got back into the whole Lego thing so all my grey's are classic light grey).

@Punisher16 Sorry I'm taking a little longer; we suffered some food poisoning last week. Also, I might have to do one or two little adjustments.

Hey! Now that's a helpful image (and flickr set :classic: ); I was wondering if I reconstructed the main wing correctly. It seems there are small differences, but the basics are (of course) the same. I see that I may have to do some last minute adjustments though: my technics skeleton consists of 2 parts; I think it'd be wise to have them join up for increased rigidity.

The LDD file I made from scratch, mainly because I wondered what parts I'd need to build this starfighter (only recently got back into the whole Lego thing so all my grey's are classic light grey).

@Punisher16 Sorry I'm taking a little longer; we suffered some food poisoning last week. Also, I might have to do one or two little adjustments.

I heart your work, krispy. Can't wait to see final build and instructions!

Blau