Sign in to follow this  
Minifig Lecturer

MOC: Lego stadium

Hi all,

I've taken some pictures of a stadium I have made for a SuperLeague football club.

001.png

The ground is moduler with the towers, roof and each 32x32 stud section easily separated aiding transport from one location to another should it be needed. Capacity should be around 1,500 as it is smaller than another which fitted just under 2,000 for a game.

Some pics are during the build and the final one is where it's new home is. Some problems were experienced fitting the sides together when on carpet as opposed to wooden (totally flat) floor. I am not sure how to get around this, perhaps find a spare bit of wood or lino somewhere ..

I have just installed the WCs and shower doors in the changing rooms so now minifig footballers have some privacy.

More pictures +

Edited by Calvin

That looks .... huge but very nice :thumbup:

Very cool how you did the building proces, this must be a huge job so far, it is very big (or is your addict that small :wink:)

I guess it is more a WIP then a MOC, if you are still building. Is there also gonna be an end state, with audience and players on the field ?

That is a monster project!

Looking very nice and sturdy. Will you add some kind of lighting?

I like your building area at the attic! Very tidy.

That is fantastic! I think some LED flood lights would be really cool. To be honest though, I think just a few more details and some good quality pictures would make this a candidate for the Brothers Brick web site!! Truely stunning. :thumbup:

Edited by missouri_bb63

That is a monster project!

Looking very nice and sturdy. Will you add some kind of lighting?

I like your building area at the attic! Very tidy.

Thanks for your comment Milan. Yes I probably will use some lights. In the past (See pic)I have used christmas lights as a cheap solution, the only issue I foresee is the amount of wiring they come with and the weight it could have on the roof.

By the way I took out the hoover before taking the pic!

I guess it is more a WIP then a MOC, if you are still building. Is there also gonna be an end state, with audience and players on the field ?

Hi Aawsum, Yes I expect to fill it out in a week for the meeting of Legoland FC and United on 10 Oct 2009.

Edited by Calvin

It's a very huge MOC, I like it :thumbup: No any crest of team which is playing here (like on Emirates Stadium, photo below)

emirates.jpg

Like idea with construction, too :classic:

It's a very huge MOC, I like it :thumbup: No any crest of team which is playing here (like on Emirates Stadium, photo below)

That's a good idea. I may put a logo on the terrace at one of the ends. Not sure I could fit a logo on the outside wall, maybe on the grey pillars but for symmetry I would probably need to put it on 2 pillars.

Their crest is hard to make in Lego without being huge, closest I came to was here..

Edited by Calvin

That's a great MOC, Calvin! :thumbup:

I really :wub: it!

It looks very realistic and is indeed really huge! :oh:

Only two ideas for improvement: I wouldn't use archs above the entrances - in this way it looks somehow like an ancient building. And some sort of VIP longue and TV news studio with big walls out of glas on top of the seats would be a great addition.

Otherwise it's great!

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Hello!

Only once I have been in a real stadium, but again get that impressed feeling when only looking at that immense construction. :classic:

I have two questions for you. I am sure you will add white stripes on the grass, won't you? As you have that great modular technique, you could have the correct stripes for several games already prepared on baseplates. :classic: Second, where does one get several thousands of minifigs? :oh:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Only two ideas for improvement: I wouldn't use archs above the entrances - in this way it looks somehow like an ancient building. And some sort of VIP longue and TV news studio with big walls out of glas on top of the seats would be a great addition.

Thanks Klaus, I take your comments on board :) However the one + of using the arches is if I need to feed any minifigs to the lions it will look closer to a colloseum type structure (just kidding minifig rights people)

That's quality! Really impressed with that.

Cheers, you like T Hotspurs?

I have two questions for you. I am sure you will add white stripes on the grass, won't you? As you have that great modular technique, you could have the correct stripes for several games already prepared on baseplates. :classic: Second, where does one get several thousands of minifigs? :oh:

Yes, the white lines, dugouts, goalposts, adverts etc need to be added but they are pretty easy to do thankfully..

For the first 20 years of my Lego hobby I had around 500 figs, with my bro having around 150, but I added nearly another 2000 from eBay a little over a year ago. Compared to buying figs through sets in shops or Lego online shop, eBay is the place to be as probably average 25% of the cost, i.e. 4 figs on eBay for 1 on Lego online shop.

Couple of pics from today's big game...

2009-10-10-p4.png

2009-10-10-p3.png

and outside the ground

2009-10-10-p1.png

Latest score: from the Derby

Great pics! I like the crowd. I'm glad LFC won over United :tongue: