Sign in to follow this  
hammelgeier

Greetings from Bavaria

Greetings from Bavaria,

my Name is Daniel, I'm 29 years old, marriaged and have a 1-year old daughter.

I'm living in a small village in Bavaria, not far away from Legoland Germany ;)

So how did it start becoming an AFOL?

I found my old LEGO when cleaning the attic and searching for old baby stuff. The day I rediscovered my passion for LEGO was broken. I left everything behind and started to rebuilt the first models even if my wife wasn't very excited about that.

Even if I just have 10 Minutes to Legoland Germany, I wasn't there before my daughter was 6 months. Because she was really hooked (and of course me too), we decided to get an annual pass. With quite 30 visits this year, it´s allready paid. And in the lunchhour I often got the chance to look for new offers at the cheap Johnny (is this really the translation for "Schnäppchenmarkt"?) Here I got almost all parts for my first MOC and entry at he Pirates of the Carribean Contest.

My favorite themes are anything from the past especially pirates and castle. I planned to built a medieval castle as my first MOC, but when i recognized the PotC contest I couldn't resist to participate and join Eurobricks. I daily visit several LEGO fanpages and flickr to see new MOCS and get ideas.

What else to say: Currently there is no more time for another hobby next to lego and my daughter ;) When she´s asleep I sometimes get round to watch fantasy movies such as LotR or "Eastern"-movies.

That's all from me. Hope you enjoy my upcoming MOCs. By now my flickr page is quite empty: http://flic.kr/ps/ZnXxC

hammelgeier

Welcome to EB, hammelgeier! :classic: Ten minutes from LEGOLAND Germany? Great position to be in when you discover you're an AFOL. :thumbup: Enjoy the site!

Hello and Welcome on Eurobricks! :classic:

That's quite a nice moc you made.

I wish I had a Legolandpark on 10 minutes away from me.

Welcome to Eurobricks hammelgeier, I hope that you enjoy the forums! :classic:

~buddy~