Sign in to follow this  
shimon

LEGO missle launcher

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

hi guys

i thought if its possible to make shooting missles in a row

and then i saw sariel's tripod gun and came up with an idea:

-----CREDITS TO SARIEL FOR THE IDEA BUT I REMAKED IT INTO A SMALLER VERSION--------

this is a quick build nothing hard its just to show the technique

hope you like it =)

dsc00171x.jpgw800.png

dsc00172o.jpgw800.png

dsc00173l.jpgw800.png

dsc00174o.jpgw800.png

and a vid to show how it works

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> Edited by Rufus
Indexed

God that's awesome! I love the locking feature and the colors really sell it for me! It reminds me quite of the Star Wars Republic Nu-Class Shuttle's weapons design! Terrific job! It would be great if you hooked it up to power functions or mindstorms!

thanks glad you like it

even more : i want to make a millitary chopper with the mechanizm but with a model team wheel that will spin and shoot 6 of theese at the bottom =)

That is just flipping awesome! Any chance for instructions? How far do they shoot?

well it depends on the strength of the rubber and the friction of the pins

but the average is 45 cm long

and im working on the instructions in sr 3d ill upload it soon =)

This is rather nifty, and it seems to work quite effectively. :thumbup: When I get my Republic Attack Shuttle, I might modd it to have this rapid fire feature. :sweet:

Thanks for sharing!

Wow that is awesome thanks I might have to make something similar for myself! :devil:

That is great. It always impresses me when people build things that have moving parts. It looks and functions great. You need to take it over to one of those apoc moc's and waste some zombies with it!

Now this is something that I'd have liked to see on the Viking sets and the Troll Assault Wagon! Instead of a football-base, turn a wheel! Much better, and a fine job on the build too! :thumbup:

The flick-fires are a better choice than technic axles by far.

I too have considered doing a gatling gun style missile launcher using a large wheel hub. However, making it rotate the right distance for each missile fired is difficult - and I don't want to spring-load it (i.e. rubber band pulling the wheel round, so that any present missiles lock it in place, but when fired the wheel turns until the next missile locks the wheel in place). Any thoughts? It's very hard in Lego to do a similar mechanism to that of a 6-shot cap-gun (revolver) - with a wedge-shaped lever which pushes the ratcheted lever round...

well its not that hard because in order make them shoot i need to spin the mechanizm but i can also attach it to a parralel gear which would lead it spinning the wheel

its possible to make alot of reductions so it will match the lock ill do it soon i just want to fit it properly in a small battle chopper

try even with a gear worm

im gonna try it in the sr 3d and test it

but still this shouldnt be that hard contact me pm i can explain it clearer if you want