I'm very proud to show my latest MOC.

The Deadly Nightshade Offroad Buggy!

I've had my RC parts for over a year now and never done anything with them, so decided that it was time to build something.

My goals were to create a MOC under 1kg and with super flexible suspension, with some good looks, being very low and sleek. :grin:

I love the front suspension! It turned out great, very light and quite strong. The rear isn't soo good, so I might update this a bit over the week.

Total weight is 960grams.

Front suspension travel is 5 studs.

3 sets of LED lights are used for night driving!

Plans are now available from MOCplans

http://mocplans.com/designer/deadly-nightshade.html

14871719764_0a9768f7da_b.jpg

14687484879_ba420fb51a_b.jpg

14871071761_b87563ff80_b.jpg

14851143256_71d276ecac_b.jpg

14873797452_efa0449e41_b.jpg

14687453960_77e5042b71_b.jpg

Video will be about a week, I want to find some good terrain to test it out on.

Any comments or questions are welcome! :laugh:

Thanks for looking. :thumbup:

Edited by Doc_Brown

Stunning looking buggy and have a great looking body, also the front suspension looks amazing.

Are the body panels darkblue?! ore is that the photoshopping it looks that it is darkblue.

They're dark blue. Wish dark blue panels weren't imited to 41999 (and thus be crazy expensive), I want to build a dark blue supercar :sceptic:

It is looking very good. And I am looking forward to see it moving :D

One question - is the front bumper sturdy enough?

Thanks for your question! To answer in one word, No, but that is on purpose. I wanted it to absorb all the energy when it crashes into things, and it does quite a good job of it. :grin:

Stunning looking buggy and have a great looking body, also the front suspension looks amazing.

Are the body panels darkblue?! ore is that the photoshopping it looks that it is darkblue.

No they are dark blue from 41999. If you may recall mine were kinda abused at the expo last year and have plenty of scratches on them already, so no need to hide their beauty!

I suggest you to actually use some gearing in the portal hubs?

Other than that it looks awesome!

Thanks for the suggestion, but seems fine without gearing. the hubs are mounted to the motors so no weight is on motor gearing part either.

I can't wait to make a vid for you guys!!! :tongue:

Wow, you really keep the great MOCs coming! The color scheme is outstanding. Nice touch, using the dishes inside the tyre/rim.

Nice pictures too!! I love this one:

14851143256_71d276ecac_b.jpg

Thanks all for the very nice feedback. :thumbup:

Looks great man! Any interesting suspension geometries in there?

I'm not sure "interesting" but sure does the job. I'll take a pic from underneath soon.

I look forward to the video.

The use of the rare blue tecknic parts makes even better,although expensive for those wishing to replicate it for them selves.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I look forward to the video.

The use of the rare blue tecknic parts makes even better,although expensive for those wishing to replicate it for them selves.

equally you could just make it in black, it wouldn't look as awesome, but still menacing

Hi, that one sure is a beast!!! Is there any torsional bending of the rear suspension, since each motor is an independent arm for itself, or is the weight low enough that such problem doesn't even occur?

Best regards

I'm jealous of it's beauty :blush: As someone else said, I would highly recommend a stabilizer bar attached to the trailing arms via ball joint, it makes the model stronger and improves suspension motion.

rc_buggyy_007.jpg

Like so, possibly two of them to avoid the motors twisting inwards in reverse. Again, this is definitely going on my favorites list!

Looking forward for the vid! so far all I can say it looks outstanding! and the spot on the pics aswell!! Love the coulors!! Does it drift? :grin: :grin:

To be honest, I wouldn't mind a 4X4 version of it!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the very nice comments guys!

I did a rough version in white to give you an idea of a different colour.

Also and underneath shot, to show how I connected the motors, not perfect I know, but light!

14699273757_13c384f23e_b.jpg

14699127440_ce1b29f3fc_b.jpg

Dark blue looks a lot better. You don't happen to have some DB panels in surplus that you're willing to sell? :laugh: I need them badly.

Wow, with those two RC motors / 960g, this thing will fly! :wink: I really want to see video of it in action! :drool:

Beautiful color and very nice front suspension! :thumbup: Btw. very nice photography... :classic:

Overall, it is a great and, I'm sure, extremely fun to play MOC! Great work! :thumbup: