Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

The Fisherman and the Fish

indexed.gif B-V-3A

Hey there. I did this what...2-4 years ago? I don't know, but a while ago. It's main purpose was to be displayed in an office, but it's just displayed at my apartment now. Anyway, those years ago, I had fun building this. Trying to find all the bricks. Now, I finally got take good pictures of it, so I shall show them to you guys here :-) ! Basically, it's a guy fishing off of a dock. What's going on the dock and under the water? You'll just have to find out very very soon.

Overall

1a8.jpg

^It's neat, and small, fits on a 16x16 baseplate. It's a bit dusty since it's very old. It seems the water is getting the most dust, which is ironic because water cleans dust. Though, I dusted it before, it's pretty clean of dust.

Under the water

The Support System:

1a7.jpg

^As you can see, the only thing that holds the 16x16 water and dock are just those four legs. I'm very please with the design of these legs.

Leisure:

1a5.jpg

^These fish are just chilling out here, surrounded by quite a bit of foilage and plants. They don't see what's happening to Bob.

What's happening to Bob:

1a4.jpg

^As you can see, Bob is probably going to die, but he wont go out without a fight. Though, I think he's going to finally get caught and die. FOOD FOR THE PEOPLE! (Notice there is more foilage and plants here.) I was nitpicky and made the fishing line from the top of the water line up with the bottom water. This was so it looked better and more accurate to real life. I wonder if Bob willl end up like Jim?

Above the Water

The Fisherman:

1a10.jpg

^As you can see, the fisherman is having quite a fight, but he seems quite happy, I hope his arm doesn't hurt too much 8-| . Boy this is one heck of a fight!

The Fisherman(Closer):

1a3.jpg

^Just close up, I like my placement of the yellow lillies there :-) . (Don't say anything about the 1x1 missing there. Let's just say it's a wave)

What ever happened to Jim?:

1a6.jpg

^This is what happened to Jim, he's face down in a barrel going to become FOOD FOR THE PEOPLE. Anyway, I like the little bench he sits on. The fisherman also has one of my favorite torsos ever.

And that concludes my MOC. General overal, I like my out come with this MOC, and is very fun to display and look out. Of course, I will have a 2-yr bent Lego fishing rod forever. Whatever!

EDIT: Oh, and I would consider this a city MOC.

What a peaceful scene.

Nice how you show both the surface and what's under it.

Maybe you could add a skellie somewhere under the water... no wait, then the scene wouldn't look peaceful anymore. I like it like it is ;-) .

Oh poor Bob... *sad* :-P

Very nice scene, I like the lilies and the dock, Simple but very effective.

I also like you used palm tree parts for the dock legs instead of only 1x1 cones.

Very lovely *y*

I agree a skellie or something like that would be nice, but perhaps that would be overkill, so don't change it, cause it's very good as it is now! :-)

G

Edited by Mr Tiber

You know i don't think you should change anything, i like the way it's all peaceful and i think it captures what fishing is all about.

Adding a skelie would feel wrong to me, that's just my opinion of course :-)

You know i don't think you should change anything, i like the way it's all peaceful and i think it captures what fishing is all about.

Put a crab under there or some clams, maybe. Someone suggested a jelly fish...

It is quite beautiful and serene IS. I also like the palm tree support legs and the fish are a nice touch. I guess crabs or clams would only be appropriate on a tan baseplate. Thist looks more like a nice lake than the ocean...Nice job *sweet* *y*

Very nice! I love the split-level aspect to it. The only thing that might improve it would be if the water could be made of trans-blue plates but on the basis that I'm not sure you can even get such a thing, it's perfect.

Dr. S.

This is very nicely done!! I love the multy level disign and the peacfulnes and detailness!

It's remained exactly like this for 2-3 years, and it'll stay like it. I used to have something in the front for more support, but I removed it so it looked better. Really, all "you should change this" comments are futile :-P , but appreciated! Ah, the serenity and peacefulness!

Thank you everybody for your comments.

Very nice! I love the split-level aspect to it. The only thing that might improve it would be if the water could be made of trans-blue plates but on the basis that I'm not sure you can even get such a thing, it's perfect.

I don't think there are any large trans-blue plates, but there may be. But I don't have any trans blue pieces...personally, I like a classic solid blue plates.

Put a crab under there or some clams, maybe. Someone suggested a jelly fish...

Those are all saltwater species, this is a freshwater lake...except maybe clams....but it's more like mussels in freshwater, never seen a clam in freshwater. *sweet* .

Simple but very effective.

Simple is (usually) always better ;-) .

I also like you used palm tree parts for the dock legs instead of only 1x1 cones.
I also like the palm tree support legs

I like them too!

Once again, Thank You for all the comments :-) !

Ahh, it's the classic scene of a fisherman landing the big one (I think)

But what's really cool is the view under the water. How'd you get the string through there.

One queation, why'd you stop showing that in your office?

Ahh, it's the classic scene of a fisherman landing the big one (I think)

But what's really cool is the view under the water. How'd you get the string through there.

One queation, why'd you stop showing that in your office?

Not my office, mothers office, through a move across my state, it found it's way out of there and into my display *wub* .

How'd you get the string through there.

Simple...goes right through the plates.

Cool! *wub* I love it, but I think it needs a bucket at the bottom. :-P (That was a joke!) The dock is really cool, but I do find it a bit freaky how you have names for the fish, but not the fisherman... I love cross section scenes like this, but I haven't done one myself for a while.

Cool! *wub* I love it, but I think it needs a bucket at the bottom. :-P (That was a joke!) The dock is really cool, but I do find it a bit freaky how you have names for the fish, but not the fisherman... I love cross section scenes like this, but I haven't done one myself for a while.

I just named the fish for a funny post (did you find it funny 8-| ?). They're really just....fish...pretty fish *wub* .

Thank you for comment.