Sign in to follow this  
castlestrike666

Review - 6055 - Prisoner Convoy

indexed.gif

Dear Lords and Ladies

Here's an attempt to do my first review.

This week, I bought the brand new Lion Knights set 6055 - Prisoner Convoy, and I saw it still needed to be reviewed, so here we go!

Enjoy!

Set #: 6055

Set Name: Prisoner Convoy

Faction: Lion Knights

Pieces: 112

Figs: 3 knights, 1 peasant and 5 (!) horses

Price: Cheapest new one on BL: € 500

My price: € 35 :grin:

Original price: Unknown

Year released: 1985

Peeron

Bricklink

First impression: old school!! Jippie! :wub:

photo0185.jpg

On the back you find some alternative creations

photo0186.jpg

The bit fragile outer box also contains a pretty solid inner box where all the new and shiny pieces come out :sweet:

photo0187.jpg

The instruction booklet is folded, and contains a second and original Legoland brochure from the '80s

photo0189.jpg

Three strong Lion Knights: 1 Guardion on his horse with a grill helmet, one longbowman and one footsoldier; who drives the coach.

And of course: our villain (or innocent peasant). The choice is yours :sadnew:

photo0190.jpg

Five beautiful horses, which is pretty rare in recent sets. If there's even one single horse, you can praise yourself lucky! Back then, 5 horses were a common fact, even for a small set like this one!

3 white and 2 black horses. The remaining white horse is for the guardian to protect the convoy.

photo0192.jpg

First part: the lower piece of the coach itself, the basis to build the rest

photo0195.jpg

Second part: the back hatch to lock the bad guys up! :devil:

photo0197.jpg

Third part: they also need a window, don't they? Right and left contains the black wall piece with a small window for the prisoner to take some fresh air/light.

photo0198.jpg

Fourth part: front piece to chain the horses, and the roof installed.

photo0199.jpg

Final step: adding the actors. In this case, our three soldiers and the (escaped) baddie

photo0202.jpg

Now, everything packed in sealed bags and carefully stored in my drawer to probably lay there for a pretty long time. :look:

photo0205.jpg

Scores:

Playability: Due to the fact there are 4 minifigs and 5 horses, and the vehicle itself is moveable, fun is guaranteed! 8/10

Design: The design of the carriage is great! But I wouldn't like to be the bad guy sitting in his small room for miles and miles on non-paved roads. The whole carriage is 4 studs wide, but it's just wide enough to fit for one minifig. The parts used to create the whole coach and the weapons and attributes for the knights alone is worth buying! 8.5/10

Price: For me, it was a real bargain, but I was lucky to find the set so cheap. I don't have a clue about the price back then in the '80s, but I think it was pretty cheap compared to what you get if you buy one of the recent sets. 9/10

Total: 25.5/30

Tip: If you ever find this set, box and instructions included, new or as new, don't hesitate and buy! :thumbup:

Never got this one, sadly.

Rather 'cheap' set for you. Where did you find it?

Tried to pm you but that won't work for some reason...

A nice review of a nice set. Certainly makes the $10 sets nowadays seem pitiful in comparison...

Tried to pm you but that won't work for some reason...

You need ten posts before you can use PM

I had this set as a kid. I remember having a heckuva time trying to get that door to stay on the back of the carriage. Unfortunately, most of my pieces from this set are really faded and worn now.

You need ten posts before you can use PM

Aaah thanks!

I bought it from a guy here in Belgium, who only has brand new sets from the old days, and he stops with his hobby. So I bought a couple of nice sets, and put some others in reserve because I was out of money :tongue:

Bought the Legoredo fortress, few smaller western sets, the orient expedition fortress and the armada flagship.

He really has great sets, for great prices! :tongue:

Can't wait for my next visit :grin:

Thanks for the review 'castlestrike666', gee it is an old set, lucky you to get it M.I.S.B.! :grin:

Five horses - gee Lego back then made sure you really got value for money eh ?

Simple build, but it does the job as a prisoner wagon, at least he or she wouldn't get wet in the rain ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

I bought this set for $12 on ebay. My favorite part of it are 5 horses. I didnt really care for minifigs that much, as I already have well over 1,000 knights. And I just added 50 more today ;) It is a nice set and very playable, would buy it again...for $12

Nice review. I bought an used set and played with it as well. I really like the minifigs variety along with the amount of horses made available for this carriage. However, I find the prison carriage quite small but the detail of this classic castle set is very much captivating. Nowadays, you don't see 4 horses pulling a carriage and for this realism point, this is one of the main reasons why people like this. :sweet: