TPLSTER21

Lego Ultra Agents 2015

Hi Everyone. Fellow board member Hulk_Smash has posted some information in the Super Heroes and Star Wars forums about upcoming 2015 sets as Hulk has had the opportunity to see the 2015 retailer catalog. Yesterday, I sent Hulk a PM asking if he had seen any 2015 Ultra Agents sets in the catalog and if so, would he be able to share any details.

I heard back from Hulk_Smash this morning and he confirmed that he did in fact see that there were Ultra Agents sets in the catalog, although he could not recall any details or the number of sets as he does not collect the theme and therefore did not pay it much attention. In his own words he skimmed past it on his way to the Star Wars and Super Hero sections.

But given Hulk_Smash's comments, I think that this is the first indication (confirmation?) that we have that Ultra Agents is getting a second wave!

I would like to thank and give full credit to Hulk_Smash for this information. Hopefully, we find out more info soon!

17085609220_28c48af61b.jpg

17085368358_ed57a643c9.jpg

17273133035_68024c6eb2.jpg

I didn't have any doubt considering the hints of a mastermind villain in wave 1, but confirmation is always nice to have.

Now we need pictures.

Hi Everyone. Fellow board member Hulk_Smash has posted some information in the Super Heroes and Star Wars forums about upcoming 2015 sets as Hulk has had the opportunity to see the 2015 retailer catalog. Yesterday, I sent Hulk a PM asking if he had seen any 2015 Ultra Agents sets in the catalog and if so, would he be able to share any details.

I heard back from Hulk_Smash this morning and he confirmed that he did in fact see that there were Ultra Agents sets in the catalog, although he could not recall any details or the number of sets as he does not collect the theme and therefore did not pay it much attention. In his own words he skimmed past it on his way to the Star Wars and Super Hero sections.

But given Hulk_Smash's comments, I think that this is the first indication (confirmation?) that we have that Ultra Agents is getting a second wave!

I would like to thank and give full credit to Hulk_Smash for this information. Hopefully, we find out more info soon!

Well, catalogs usually have older sets from the wave before, so I'm not sure this is confirmation. I doubt they'd do a wave in January. While I don't think there will be another wave, if there is, it would be a year after- so next Summer (meaning it wouldn't be in this catalog).

A second wave was strongly hinted at the end of the final stage in the App with the appearance of the "Hooded Mastermind" behind the villans. Given that the Winter Catalog focuses on new lines and new sets for holiday season, I find it unlikely that it would feature existing sets from the prior season. That would seem more likely in the summer catalog where existing lines get their summer waves (i.e. here are the existing sets and here are the new sets for summer). So, to me, the existence of Ultra Agents in the winter catalog means that this is Wave 2 of the first year sets (as opposed to a new line of the Ultra Agents theme). I don't see this theme getting more than 2 waves and releasing a second wave now tidies things up for new summer themes in the action category like licensed movie themes without crowding the shelves with too many similar themes. I guess we will know soon. The catalog is definitely out there so I'm sure someone will post something soon.

Edited by TPLSTER21

Oh no... Here come the "old Lego Agents character is returning!!!" thing again.

Antimatter...hmm

This lineup sounds just as wonderful as this year's.

Eurobricks, your new Duke is here (WOW 2,000 posts)!

Edited by Penkid11

Could Invisible Gold Robbery sport the coveted all transclear minifig?

Quite a few LEGO design people (including IIRC at least one person involved with parts design) has said that a trans-clear minifig is impossible for 2 reasons, firstly that the hands (and presumably also the hip pegs) are too thin to be made out of Polycarbonate (the plastic used for transparent parts) and secondly that if you join one polycarbonate part to another polycarbonate part, they can be difficult to separate (so e.g. a polycarbonate head on a polycarbonate neck peg would be very very hard to get off without damage to one or both parts)

A Cyclops? Invisibility? Drills? AntiMatter!?

This is going to be a kickin' wave. I assume AntiMatter is the hooded figure/mastermind. The invisibility one boggles me a bit, but I guess we have had transparent pieces. And trans minifig parts before, as well.

Quite a few LEGO design people (including IIRC at least one person involved with parts design) has said that a trans-clear minifig is impossible for 2 reasons, firstly that the hands (and presumably also the hip pegs) are too thin to be made out of Polycarbonate (the plastic used for transparent parts) and secondly that if you join one polycarbonate part to another polycarbonate part, they can be difficult to separate (so e.g. a polycarbonate head on a polycarbonate neck peg would be very very hard to get off without damage to one or both parts)

Invisible Gold then. :tongue:

Everything but Hip and Torso transclear would give a nice "Invisible with Costume"-Effect and still be viable i guess.

These Guys are pretty close already, and adding some similar transclear armorpiece would enhance the effect even more:

loc088.jpg

Edited by DarthBrickus

AntiMatter sounds like an awesome name for a villain!

I presume that the set will be around the same price as the Mission HQ so we'll probably get two decently sized vehicles which is cool.

I'm curious to see what the actual name of 70169 is? I'm hoping for some sort of building HQ for the agents.

Overall, I'm very exited about this new wave having thoroughly enjoyed wave 1, can't wait to see pictures!

What if Jack Fury was behind everything including the Anti-Matter and all the attacks just Like Grant Ward was a Hydra Agent in Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Plus they do look a lot like one and other.

Now that I think about it this whole line seem based of Agent`s Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Fitz = Max Burns

Jemma = Christina Hydron

Agent Coulson = Solomon Blaze plus he has a flying car just like Coulson

Jack Fury = Grant Ward

Agent Melinda May = Caila Phoenix

Plus they also have a mobile headquarters and the main bad guy is a mystery until they second half of the season or second wave of set`s.

Edited by Pheonix1604

Fitz = Max Burns

I'd say that Curtis Bolt is more like Fitz. But yes, the theme does seem to be Agents of SHIELD inspired.

A Cyclops? Invisibility? Drills? AntiMatter!?

This is going to be a kickin' wave. I assume AntiMatter is the hooded figure/mastermind. The invisibility one boggles me a bit, but I guess we have had transparent pieces. And trans minifig parts before, as well.

I guess I'll be kinda like a headgear on a transparent head with eye decorations and wearing some sort of coat so LEGO wouldn't give us a Trans body...

Some interesting descriptions from some anon on /toy/, who claims to have seen the catalog:

Ultra Agents get a fll second wave, the sets are a huge copter, a cool cyberbike, a more beefy version of the car from the first wave, and a 2 drilled drilltank. All new villains, one is called AntiMatter and looks like a badass hooded purple guy. Also new armor molds for the agents.

Great news! I'm loving the first wave and can't wait to see the new ones. I wonder if Spyclops is the same or if they just reused the name.

Oh man. This sounds great! A huge copter? A cyberbike (crosses fingers for it to be an UA vehicle. TRON bike would rock!)?

Beefy version of the car from Wave 1...? Is that the car from Infearno? I would assume so, but that already seemed pretty beefy. Drilltank sounds cool.

Purple hooded guy! Alright! Something made me figure he'd be purple. Trans purple would be the best, though :D

And new armor, yay!

If there is one color I want more of, its trans-purple, there is nowhere near enough. (you cant even get something as basic as the 1 x 1 round plate in trans-purple :( )

Edited by jonwil