This is a non-chronological summary of two technic-themed meetings. What we (Dutch folk) noticed was that Germans are absolutely wonderful when it's about architecture (cite), but that they didn't quite know what to do with technic. So we convinced them to drag their parts to Holland and build with us. This was the result:

Edited by mahjqa

That looks like fun! I like how the various trucks and cars could crash against each other, have a trailer demolition derby, and race around a track. :tongue: You guys are lucky that you have so many Lego Technic enthusiasts close to each other. Are you going to continue to have periodic meetings (monthly or quarterly)?

This is a non-chronological summary of two technic-themed meetings. What we (Dutch folk) noticed was that Germans are absolutely wonderful when it's about architecture (cite), but that they didn't quite know what to do with technic. So we convinced them to drag their parts to Holland and build with us. This was the result:

Cool! In what city/area was this? (I'm from The Netherlands too!) :)

Very cool,

in the youtube video, there's a mention of fan-made instructions for these 4x4. Where can you get those? The off-roaders look pretty rugged and efficient!

This looks like it was lots of fun. :thumbup:

Technic doesn't seem to be that big in this area unfortunately. At the Brickfair event on the US east coast, it's generally been the same 2 or 3 people (out of 600-700 attendees) building Technic MOCs for the last few years. :tongue: GBC and Mindstorms are a lot more popular though.

Edit: Someone told me that some people from Germany can't see this video. Does anyone else here have the same problem?

DLuders; something like every half year or so; depending on what works out.

Arfman; These meetings were in Gendringen. We're planning a new one, the 19th of September in Oss. If you want more info, check here. To see topics about meetings and so on you'll need to be registered, though. It takes a minute, but it's free. Otherwise, I'm here to answer any questions you might have.

Countdown; They are indeed glorious. It's a testament to the best truckbuilder I know, Zblj. Due to circumstances beyond my control, it'll take a while before those instructions are released. However, if you take a look here I'm sure you can go a long way.

Edited by mahjqa

Edit: Someone told me that some people from Germany can't see this video. Does anyone else here have the same problem?

Yes, it's impossible to watch it in Germany.

Actually there are a bunch of videos (for example Trucktrial races) which use copyright protected music and get blocked for German users.

Sadly we have strong copyright associations here like GEMA and GVU. They don't help our artists to get money from their music but seem to enjoy being a pain in the as-s for us Germans. :devil:

As a solution I often use Webproxies. Some can be found here but you have to try multiple proxies until you get a working one and sometimes there are even malware issues with some of them.

As a real solution I would be pleased if you, mahjqa, could upload the video to other sites like flickr or vimeo. It would be nice as well if you could make a version which is free of copyright music.

Thank You Very Much!

grindinggears

Edited by grindinggears

Well, that's the thing. I did use music, but it's under a license that allows public use. (It's a pain to find music without strings that doesn't sound like crap)

I've uploaded an alternative. It misses 5 seconds of video and the credits, but that's because flickr doesn't allow longer videos.

Here you go:

TechMeet - Build & Race!

Hi,

yes. I'm also from Germany. It says:

Dieses Video ist in deinem Land nicht verfügbar.

(This video is not available in your country.)

Mostly this comes from music in the video which has some copyrights in Germany.