Jump to content


Bricklink questions


482 replies to this topic

#326 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9541
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostBobsy, on 21 August 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Okay, I just had an order arrive from a Bricklink seller in germany (I'm in the UK) and there were a few errors. Some pieces were not included at all, some were included but in the wrong colour, and some were the wrong brick altogether.

Is it reasonable to expect the seller to send me the missing pieces and replacements for the incorrect ones free of charge? Can I get a refund? Or is the only thing I can do leave lousy feedback?
It's common courtesy to communicate first any problems you might've encountered to the seller before leaving any sort of feedback. I've experienced missing/wrong pieces in my BL orders before and all it took was a simple email and fortunately for me the sellers were accommodating enough to send the missing/replacement pieces at no extra charge. So let the seller know first what happened and try to work out things with him/her. :classic:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages


#327 Bobsy

Bobsy

    Posts: 278
    Joined: 04-August 12
    Member: 30040

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostKielDaMan, on 21 August 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

It's common courtesy to communicate first any problems you might've encountered to the seller before leaving any sort of feedback. I've experienced missing/wrong pieces in my BL orders before and all it took was a simple email and fortunately for me the sellers were accommodating enough to send the missing/replacement pieces at no extra charge. So let the seller know first what happened and try to work out things with him/her. :classic:

Yeah, this is precisely what I did. And he's already got back to me to say he'll send the missing pieces. I felt really bad because he's such a nice fella and the whole correspondence has been really top notch.
Posted Image
Cuusoo Medieval Travelling Theatre!
Lend your support here!
Eurobricks discussion here!

#328 Simple1DEA

Simple1DEA

    Posts: 34
    Joined: 10-July 12
    Member: 29633

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Could anyone tell me the name of the small piece used to stand Dirt Bikes up?
Its two small bars that are joined perpendicularly.

Edited by Simple1DEA, 21 August 2012 - 06:43 PM.

The Bat Vehicle Trilogy CUUSOO
Posted Image
Please Support! :)

#329 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9541
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostSimple1DEA, on 21 August 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

Could anyone tell me the name of the small piece used to stand Dirt Bikes up?
Its two small bars that are joined perpendicularly.
This one?

Pneumatic T Piece New Style (T Bar)
Posted Image

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages


#330 Simple1DEA

Simple1DEA

    Posts: 34
    Joined: 10-July 12
    Member: 29633

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostKielDaMan, on 22 August 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:


Yeah that's it. Thanks alot.
The Bat Vehicle Trilogy CUUSOO
Posted Image
Please Support! :)

#331 Darthkostis

Darthkostis

    Posts: 50
    Joined: 09-September 12
    Member: 31690
    Country: Greece

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm new in bricklink and i have a question:For example i want to order joker's funhouse,the batcave and many other sets (not all in once) but i can't find how much the shipping costs.All sellers say that it's callculated depending on weight etc.You have to first order and agree to pay and then see the shipping.And it varies from seller to seller which is inconvinient.I can't just order a 50 euros hoping that the shipping is around 15-20 euros.What if the seller has an extremely high shipping?Can anyone help me?I live in greece if anyone knows anything about shipping to my country.Thanks!
Posted Image

#332 Carsten Svendsen

Carsten Svendsen

    Posts: 307
    Joined: 05-September 12
    Member: 31347
    Country: Denmark

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostDarthkostis, on 23 September 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

I'm new in bricklink and i have a question:For example i want to order joker's funhouse,the batcave and many other sets (not all in once) but i can't find how much the shipping costs.All sellers say that it's callculated depending on weight etc.You have to first order and agree to pay and then see the shipping.And it varies from seller to seller which is inconvinient.I can't just order a 50 euros hoping that the shipping is around 15-20 euros.What if the seller has an extremely high shipping?Can anyone help me?I live in greece if anyone knows anything about shipping to my country.Thanks!
If you go to your settings on bricklink you can tick a box that says something like "Show weight in shopping cart".
My current project: Antonov AN-140 which is a 1:15,65 scaled airplane

#333 Darthkostis

Darthkostis

    Posts: 50
    Joined: 09-September 12
    Member: 31690
    Country: Greece

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

View PostCarsten Svendsen, on 23 September 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

If you go to your settings on bricklink you can tick a box that says something like "Show weight in shopping cart".
I did that but i didn't see any difference.Also when i proceed to checkout it says that i must pay for example 50 dollars.When i pay that will they send me an invoice requesting more money for shipping or is that the actual cost i have to pay and nothing else?
Posted Image

#334 Kristel

Kristel

  • Drunk, Nervous and Giggling


    Posts: 1782
    Joined: 19-May 12
    Member: 28686
    Country: Australia

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostDarthkostis, on 23 September 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

I did that but i didn't see any difference.Also when i proceed to checkout it says that i must pay for example 50 dollars.When i pay that will they send me an invoice requesting more money for shipping or is that the actual cost i have to pay and nothing else?

You generally don't pay when you checkout.  Rather, you submit your order and then the seller will send you an invoice which includes shipping costs.  Have you checked their splash page or store terms for a shipping table?  Also, some sellers are happy to provide a shipping quote if you email them with the details of what you want to purchase and where you live.  

Hope this helps.

Kristel

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2


Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


Spend wisely, build more and enjoy what you have!

#335 Darthkostis

Darthkostis

    Posts: 50
    Joined: 09-September 12
    Member: 31690
    Country: Greece

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostKristel, on 23 September 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

You generally don't pay when you checkout.  Rather, you submit your order and then the seller will send you an invoice which includes shipping costs.  Have you checked their splash page or store terms for a shipping table?  Also, some sellers are happy to provide a shipping quote if you email them with the details of what you want to purchase and where you live.  

Hope this helps.

Kristel
I checked the splash page and from the 5 or 6 stores i checked only one had shipping rates.The others just said that they have the best shipping etc.I emailed them and they still haven't answered.I put it in high priority the second time.
Posted Image

#336 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1117
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostDarthkostis, on 24 September 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

I checked the splash page and from the 5 or 6 stores i checked only one had shipping rates.The others just said that they have the best shipping etc.I emailed them and they still haven't answered.I put it in high priority the second time.
With regards to questions, I recommend being specific: ask for costs of concrete weights.

As for buing complete sets from an international seller, I'd recommend checking amazon.co.uk and another European amazon store first. Pretty often, they offer sets of a nice discount.

Buying sets from sellers which are outside of Europe usually doesn't make sense (high shipping costs, usually insurance is required, taxes, customs).

Edited by Brickadeer, 27 September 2012 - 11:26 AM.


#337 Darthkostis

Darthkostis

    Posts: 50
    Joined: 09-September 12
    Member: 31690
    Country: Greece

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

View PostBrickadeer, on 27 September 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

With regards to questions, I recommend being specific: ask for costs of concrete weights.

As for buing complete sets from an international seller, I'd recommend checking amazon.co.uk and another European amazon store first. Pretty often, they offer sets of a nice discount.

Buying sets from sellers which are outside of Europe usually doesn't make sense (high shipping costs, usually insurance is required, taxes, customs).
Thanks for the tip!I discovered amazon uk yesterday and decided to use this to buy complete sets and use bricklink if i want some lots of pieces.Amazon uk offers free shipping to european countries which is very good.
Posted Image

#338 Kierna

Kierna

  • Pretty in Pink


    Posts: 170
    Joined: 26-September 12
    Member: 32305
    Country: Australia

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Quick question:
How do I create a new wanted list in bricklink? I cannot find it for the life of me! The help page on the topic seems outdated.

Thank you,

Kieran
Motors make music

#339 kyphur

kyphur

  • Going Postal with Maersk Madness!


    Posts: 572
    Joined: 09-June 10
    Member: 11374
    Country: US

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostKierna, on 14 October 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

How do I create a new wanted list in bricklink? I cannot find it for the life of me! The help page on the topic seems outdated.

On the "My Wanted List" page (http://www.bricklink.../wantedView.asp) scroll down and look on the right under My Wated Lists fr the Add New Wanted List area, type the name & click the button...

Posted Image  Posted Image

Images are links

Here is my favorite BrickLink Store


#340 Kierna

Kierna

  • Pretty in Pink


    Posts: 170
    Joined: 26-September 12
    Member: 32305
    Country: Australia

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

View Postkyphur, on 14 October 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

On the "My Wanted List" page (http://www.bricklink.../wantedView.asp) scroll down and look on the right under My Wated Lists fr the Add New Wanted List area, type the name & click the button...

Thank you!

Now that I have made my wanted list, I want to find the store in Australia and Oceana that has the majority of the parts on my list.
I am on the "Wanted" main tab, on the sub tab "By Shop".
I can sort by:

Store name
Store Location
Lots (Total)
Lots (Unique)
Items

Which one will show the shops in the order of which has the majority of the parts on my selected wanted list?

First timer, pardon the detailed questions :blush:

Thanks,

Kieran
Motors make music

#341 Kristel

Kristel

  • Drunk, Nervous and Giggling


    Posts: 1782
    Joined: 19-May 12
    Member: 28686
    Country: Australia

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

View PostKierna, on 27 October 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Which one will show the shops in the order of which has the majority of the parts on my selected wanted list?

The "Lots(Unique)" is the one you want.

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2


Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


Spend wisely, build more and enjoy what you have!

#342 Kierna

Kierna

  • Pretty in Pink


    Posts: 170
    Joined: 26-September 12
    Member: 32305
    Country: Australia

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostKristel, on 27 October 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

The "Lots(Unique)" is the one you want.
A quick answer, from a fellow Australian no less!
Thanks Kristel.
Motors make music

#343 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1117
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

What does it mean if an email in the outbox is not displayed normal (read) or fat (unread), but in italics?

#344 Zeya

Zeya

  • Thinks He's a Stud


    Posts: 1014
    Joined: 28-September 10
    Member: 13511
    Country: United States

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Where do you navigate on BL to change your password? I found the password reset, which I guess would work, but still...

#345 Kristel

Kristel

  • Drunk, Nervous and Giggling


    Posts: 1782
    Joined: 19-May 12
    Member: 28686
    Country: Australia

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostZeya, on 31 October 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Where do you navigate on BL to change your password? I found the password reset, which I guess would work, but still...

On the "MyBricklink" page, there is a section in the middle, towards the bottom, with a list under the heading of "MyBrickLink".  One of those is "My Personal Info".  That's where you can change your password.

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2


Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


Spend wisely, build more and enjoy what you have!

#346 Simple1DEA

Simple1DEA

    Posts: 34
    Joined: 10-July 12
    Member: 29633

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

Is there a way of finding a store that has the most items on your wanted list? (or any similar function)

Also what is the name of the front propellers on The Bat in 76001. I couldn't find it in the propeller category.

Edited by Simple1DEA, 06 November 2012 - 02:41 AM.

The Bat Vehicle Trilogy CUUSOO
Posted Image
Please Support! :)

#347 Kristel

Kristel

  • Drunk, Nervous and Giggling


    Posts: 1782
    Joined: 19-May 12
    Member: 28686
    Country: Australia

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

View PostSimple1DEA, on 06 November 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

Is there a way of finding a store that has the most items on your wanted list? (or any similar function)

Also what is the name of the front propellers on The Bat in 76001. I couldn't find it in the propeller category.

One of the tabs under the "Wanted" tab is "By Shop".  Select this tab, and then use the drop down list to sort by "Lots(Unique)".

I think the propellers are these ones: x577 . They are under the "Aircraft" category.

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2


Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


Spend wisely, build more and enjoy what you have!

#348 Simple1DEA

Simple1DEA

    Posts: 34
    Joined: 10-July 12
    Member: 29633

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Thanks Kristel.

Does anyone know what would be a good piece(s) for the front part of this (guard part)?
http://itsaboutadven...08/img_0117.jpg

Edited by LuxorV, 16 December 2012 - 03:47 PM.
Deeplink of bigger image turned into link.

The Bat Vehicle Trilogy CUUSOO
Posted Image
Please Support! :)

#349 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1117
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Hi! Does anyone know whether or not coupons (total amount, not a %-age) usually are applied to shipping costs?

Edited by Brickadeer, 19 November 2012 - 10:31 PM.


#350 Simple1DEA

Simple1DEA

    Posts: 34
    Joined: 10-July 12
    Member: 29633

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Also what should I do when someone isn't sending an invoice?
I've made another order at a store on November 19 but no invoice has come. This person has sent several orders to other customers since then. I've sent two messages a while ago which haven't been read yet.

Edited by Simple1DEA, 25 November 2012 - 02:47 PM.

The Bat Vehicle Trilogy CUUSOO
Posted Image
Please Support! :)



Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users