Sign in to follow this  
Piranha

Review: 7621 Indiana Jones - The Lost Tomb

At my local Wal*Mart there was most of the 2008 sets including the Indiana Jones ones :'-) I picked up this one and the Motorcycle Chase!

Name: 7621 Lost Tomb

Price: $20.00

Parts: 277

Figs: 3

*Box Art

First off we have the great Indiana Jones Box art!! I must say the designers did an excellent job on it! I love the little temple design with skulls! As well as including Indy in the right hand corner.

taker_022.png

The back of the box is just as cool showing all the neat play features of the set as well as an advertisement for the Indiana Jones Game

taker_026.png

*Figs

First off we have our hero, Indian............. What the hell? Why is there a freaking CW Anakin head on Indy!! There was a production slip up as instead of Indy's head I get Anakin's! :-| |-/ I open the box up and there staring me in the face is his ugly face!!

taker_009.png

TLC is defiantly doing to here a gnarly complaint from me!! >:-(

Ok now here we have the " real" Indy fig that is supposed to come with the set :-D

taker_016.png

I just noticed that his fedora hat goes down in the back!

taker_023.png

Bonus Picture Time, Here is a jacketless Indy with his sleeve torn off, like he looks in the Temple of doom *sweet*

taker_025.png

The next figure up is our lovely Marion *wub* *wub* *wub*

taker_001.png

Plus her head is reversible with a scared face X-D Love the new hairpiece in black!!

taker_005.png

Finally we have our undead skellie with second style head and poseable arms

taker_008.png

*The Well Of Souls

The set itself is a nice model and playset! The Anubis statues are very cool and I love all the hieroglyphs on the walls 8-�

taker_002.png

Here is the SW link with Artoo and 3P0 X-D

taker_007.png

The Ark in its resting place

taker_006.png

The Ark removed, its very cool indeed, but TLC should have made the whole thing in chrome gold |-/ not metallic gold with brown and yellow!!

taker_010.png

The closeup of the Anubis statue, Yes the Eye is a sticker but at leasts a gold color!

taker_020.png

*Playability

First off you can pull the pin on the Anubis statues which send them falling and taking out the walls. Behind the wall a skellie swings out!

taker_028.png

There is a lever in the back of the model where you push down and the snakes shower down upon the figs hehe

taker_011.png

With the snakes all around, Marion is both modeling with the new carrot torch and fending off viscous cobras :-D

taker_018.png

In the meantime Indy uses his whip to scale the wall and avoid all the snakes which he is afriad of. In the meantime leaving Marion behind to fight them off. :-P

taker_021.png

The whip is bendable but it will always snap back into a coil, its some type of bendy hard plastic

*Scoring

Figs- 9/10

Model- 8/10

Playability- 8.5/10

Overall Satisfaction- 4/10 (would be 9/10 if it wasn't for the stupid Anakin head error!)

In the end this is a charming set and could easily fit in with the adventurers! It has the cool Anubis statues as well as the Ark. Plus Indy, Marion and a skellie, great selection of figs but Sallah would have been better since he actually removes the ark with Indy

However I am still wondering the point of the Anubis statues, this set does seem pretty silly :-P

P

Thank you for this review! it is a brilliant set! i am definitely getting this set once Indy is released in New zealand hurry up TLC! >:-(

PS:could i have pic of what Indy looks like with an old classic whip?

Wow what a screw up from Lego! That one is even more out there than the extra obi wan in the RC. X-D

Tks for your great review Pirnha ;-)

First off we have our hero, Indian............. What the hell? Why is there a freaking CW Anakin head on Indy!! There was a production slip up as instead of Indy's head I get Anakin's! :-| |-/ I open the box up and there staring me in the face is his ugly face!!

G another production error >:-( At least we know they manufacture licenses sets in the same place :-D

Did that happpen to any of you guys ?

taker_025.png

Cool fig 8-

That is the one of the oddest mistakes I have ever heard of! :-D Even so, you have to admit that it is good news for you; Lego will hapily give you the right head if you ask. Thanks for the review. I have this set too. *wub*

Nice review, all the important stuff is there. Weird cock-up by TLC to put an Ani face on Indy... I didn't encounter any mistakes in my four Indy sets.

Great selfmade Temple of Doom Indy fig, Piranha!

So uhm... Has anyone found out yet what the extra hieroglyphic stickers are for?

I have noticed that at my local TLC store (Orlando) they have this set in a glass case on display...with the CW Anakin head on Indy. I did not realize this was such I widespread problem.

I saw this review on S@H....

"In Lego World we're all detail conscious, right? Our set(really my 8-yr-old son's) came with the wrong head for Indiana Jones! Thin eyebrows, no five o'clock shadow, lots of red scars...really hard for him to get into the character. Everything else is great - especially the falling wall and snake trap!"

I might get this set today. I hope I dont have this problem! 8-|

Dp8

I have noticed that at my local TLC store (Orlando) they have this set in a glass case on display...with the CW Anakin head on Indy. I did not realize this was such a widespread problem.

Seriously? So the person(s) who made that display are pretty clueless, too. Weird mistake to make by TLC.

(Sorry if I did something wrong with +/-, I thought that was the quote-button! :-$ )

Let us know how your Indy head adventure turns out, darthperson. I hope you'll get the Indy face.

Edited by Mr Spielbrick

Thanks for a nice review, Piranha. *y*

A lovely playset, with a classical Egyptian adventurers touch. Although I

Wow I can't believe other people have had this same head error mistake! X-O I thought it was one of those extreme cases of production slip up!

The good thing is I will get a replacement Indy head, and get to keep that Anakin head!!

I forgot to mention that my set was also missing 1 black ear piece for the Anubis statues

There also are extra stickers for my set, I can't figure out what they are for though?

hehe, I too like my TOD Indy fig 8-| :-D

P

*Figs

the same thing happened to me with the head , boy was i pissed! *sing* and i also got this set from cruddy wal mart

I got mine today! X-D

I too got an Anakin Clone Wars head, although I'm not really complaining since I already have an Indy head from the Motorcycle Chase set. It is really odd that they would pack in such a different looking head though.

Also, for those that think the head has no use, try placing it under one of the braided new brown dwarf beards. It looks pretty nice, I think! *y*

On the set, it's wonderful! The hieroglyphic stickers are wonderful, Marion (especially her head and hair) is wonderful, and the Anubis statues are nice too. There's also lots of nice tan parts, such as 20 round 2x2s, and 8 1x8 bricks. All in all, it's a great set for the price, and I can't wait to get Race for the Stolen Treasure and Temple Escape now! *sweet*

taker_009.png

DAMMIT INDY, YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO OPEN THE ARK!!!

i really like this set, i only brought it for Marion but its a nice set and fun to build.

Yeah in mine I did not have any problems. Well except on one of my dark blue round pieces it was a bit damaged but it still worked fine and I got a replacement from LEGO.