Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Prince Egbert's Pleasure Yacht

thindexedgif.gif 33a

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I was going to post this in the My Own Creations thread but thought I would suck it up and send it over here where the big dogs play. Let me know your honest opinion!

yacht01.jpg

Prince Egbert's Pleasure Yacht-The newest MOC from The Book of the Ancients. Just a little sneak peak from the upcoming castle epic on BrickZone.net!

A little (exclusive to Eurobricks!) backstory:

King Sophos has left Prince Egbert officially in charge of an important mission:

yacht22.jpg

He must find the missing Sparos. Although, technically Egbert is in charge, the wise Sophos has asked his trusted advisor Barazar to oversee the mission.

yacht21.jpg

Barazar knew it was a bad idea to bring the showy pleasure yacht on such an important mission...

yacht24.jpg

...instead of the King's more agile and heavily armed warships...

I love the story line, but this is the most unique ship moc i have seen yet. I find the lion figurehead is a really nice touch and its an overall flawless design. Egbert looks pretty full of himself for a guy named eggbert.

Really nice, hinckley39 *y* I don't think I've seen a figurehead like that before.It really is beautiful. If it didn't have a storyline I would have named here Lionheart X-D

I love the back end of this ship! It looks gorgeous and you didn't over do it! Amazing!

yacht_down.jpg

I don't really think this thumbnail does your MOC much justice. Going by the thumbnail the ship looks at bit goudy because of the red hull, however upon closer inspection it does look very good. I'd recommend you choose one of the larger pictures to put at the very top of the thread.

And this figurehead is awesome!

yacht06.jpg

Wonderful! This ship is truly eye candy! Your storyline is nice, your ship awesome ans your figurehead amazing! 1000/10

Very nice. This is an excellent castle/fantasy type ship. Good back end and very nice figurehead.

The one thing I might recommend changing though is raising the height of the main mast a bit so the sail up there isn't so cramped for space! Obviously making the base of the whole mast taller won't help, so here is a technique for making the TOP of the mast taller!

mast1.jpg_thumb.jpg mast2.jpg_thumb.jpg mast3.jpg_thumb.jpg

Try that out if you want, though there is no definite need to change anything, as overall this is an excellent MOC!

Edited by phred

Just *wub* !

Great color scheme, great figurehead, great overall appearance! *y*

Hmm, maybay a small roof for Prince Egbert

haha, The figure head surely is unique! however I'm not a big fan of lego created animals and things. But I absolutly LOVE the paws. those makes it very cool.

Not one cannon? YES, my Aurora can take on one of the big boys! *sweet* *y*

I don't really think this thumbnail does your MOC much justice. Going by the thumbnail the ship looks at bit goudy because of the red hull, however upon closer inspection it does look very good. I'd recommend you choose one of the larger pictures to put at the very top of the thread.

And this figurehead is awesome!

img snip!

Thanks Mr. Phes! :-$ That means a lot coming from you! I took your advice and posted a different picture in the opening thread.

Very nice. This is an excellent castle/fantasy type ship. Good back end and very nice figurehead.

The one thing I might recommend changing though is raising the height of the main mast a bit so the sail up there isn't so cramped for space! Obviously making the bas of the whole mast taller won't help, so here is a technique for making the TOP of the mast taller!

image snip

Try that out if you want, though there is no definite need to change anything, as overall this is an excellent MOC!

Thanks ZCerberus. :-$ Imagine my joy at getting positive feedback from you pirate experts! Thank you also for the mast advice. Building the mast up from the base was proving difficult, since there are quarters down there and it was blocking up the hallway. I never thought of extending it at the top. :S

I built my own sails for this and I'm not crazy about how they turned out, but that particular sail you are referring to, I was really disappointed with because it didn't sag the way the LEGO sail did that I used for the stencil. It looks dowdy. I think your suggestion will make it look the way I want it to. Thanks, you're awesome.

Just *wub* !

Great color scheme, great figurehead, great overall appearance! *y*

Hmm, maybay a small roof for Prince Egbert

This is a beauty Hinckley.

You didn't make a mighty frigate like the most of us, so it's refreshing to see your Pleasure Yacht.

I have the same remark as Z, making the main mast a bit higher would be an improvement.

Now, let me come to the best part of this ship: The figurehead.

This is soooo impressive. It is most probably the best figurehead that has been seen on this forum.

This ship doesn't need cannons to scare enemies. The figurehead will do the job.

This must be the first thread you started in the pirate forum.

I hope it is not your last ;-) .

It's kinda funny, I noticed this on your website and thought "wow, that's nice, I wonder if he's going to post it on EB", and then I dropped by the Pirate MOC forum and saw that you already had posted it.. ;-) Like most others I really like the figurehead, it seems very fitting on a pleasure yacht. Same goes for the colour scheme, it works great *sweet*

However, I do have the habit of rushing the last step of an MOC, so perhaps I should address the flat walls. Never hurts to play around with it and maybe I can correct a bad personal building habit while I'm at it. Thanks for your feedback, always appreciated.

And thanks everybody for checking it out and giving such great feedback. I'm glad I had the guts to post it here in Pirate-land with the ship experts! Will get to work on v.2! X-D

You're not the only one rushing the last steps.. I suffer from the same. ;-) (I also suffer from taking ages to finish a MOC, or anything else for that matter :-P ))

This is a beauty Hinckley.

You didn't make a mighty frigate like the most of us, so it's refreshing to see your Pleasure Yacht.

I have the same remark as Z, making the main mast a bit higher would be an improvement.

Now, let me come to the best part of this ship: The figurehead.

This is soooo impressive. It is most probably the best figurehead that has been seen on this forum.

This ship doesn't need cannons to scare enemies. The figurehead will do the job.

This must be the first thread you started in the pirate forum.

I hope it is not your last ;-) .

:-$ Thanks!

I have to admit, I cheated a little on said figure head. I took the lion head from 4884 Wild Hunters and said how can I make it more menacing? So, I image googled a roaring lion and basically started replacing the head bit by bit to make it look like the pic I found. In the end, I think the only thing that remains from the set is the lower teeth.

It does make me feel better about my ability to build brick-built beasts especially since there are a lot of odd creatures in my castle story. But I felt a little guilty taking all the credit on the figure head.

Thanks again so much for the nice welcome to the Pirates Forum and the great feedback Bonaparte (Quarryman too!) and thanks to everybody again for all the great feedback. It is much appreciated... :-$

I looked up the head for Wild Hunters this afternoon since I thought your figure head looked a lot like that one. When I went to look at it though I realized you had made several changes including the whiskers, the mane and the bridge of the snout.

I think all of those changes do make the head more "menacing" as you had wished!

Very unique and extraordinary! I've never seen a ship like this before. The windows at the sides and the figurehead make it very different than all the other ships... (in a good way).

And that stern section is just wonderful!

Bravo Mr Whacker!

Mr Tiber

Very good ship indeed *y*

If only I could see more Pics X-D

Hmmm the links are taking forever so I will try again later

Piranha

Really like the ship, alot. i think the figurehead is really cool, but i also think it is way too big. However... its supposed to be gaudy i am guessing, and if i can wrap my military orientated sense of style around it it is pretty slick. I really like it a lot. Good work, awesome model.

Hello Hinckley,

This is wonderful. At first glimpse, I thought it was too ugly and bright, but after looking at it more closely, I realized how cool it is. I actually like the bright colors, and you have coordinated them very well. The details on the front and back are very nice, and I like the element of fantasy you've added to the lion head.

The use of those windows where gun ports usually are is very cool. (assuming there aren't any guns, anyway)

This ship has heavily inspired me for my own ship (which may not be started for a while), so thanks!

Great work! *sweet*

Nice ship hinckley! 8-o *y*

There is a lot of detail all over the ship.

As already mentioned, it's nice to have a change from all the war ships and pirate ships.

The figurehead is very awesome looking; it just looks a little big for this size of a ship.

But it does add to the fantasy look of the ship if that's what you're going for. X-D

Oh yeah BTW,

I added this ship to the Index of MOC Ships too.

P

Very unique and extraordinary! I've never seen a ship like this before. The windows at the sides and the figurehead make it very different than all the other ships... (in a good way).

Extraordinary? Really? Jeepers Mister Tiber, thanks! :-$ That mean a lot coming from you...

Bravo Mr Whacker!

I'm so proud of myself that my actions have resulted in being referred to as 'Mr. Whacker.'

Really like the ship, alot. i think the figurehead is really cool, but i also think it is way too big. However... its supposed to be gaudy i am guessing, and if i can wrap my military orientated sense of style around it it is pretty slick. I really like it a lot. Good work, awesome model.

Thank you! And yes, it is supposed to be gaudy and the figure-head is supposed to be over-sized for a plot point. Ever notice that whenever someone has a legitimate ciriticism I say it's because of a plot point. Looks like I need to learn how to take criticism... :-D

Hello Hinckley,

This is wonderful. At first glimpse, I thought it was too ugly and bright, but after looking at it more closely, I realized how cool it is. I actually like the bright colors, and you have coordinated them very well. The details on the front and back are very nice, and I like the element of fantasy you've added to the lion head.

The use of those windows where gun ports usually are is very cool. (assuming there aren't any guns, anyway)

This ship has heavily inspired me for my own ship (which may not be started for a while), so thanks!

Great work! *sweet*

Hooray! Thank you! I'm glad I could inspire you...

Nice ship hinckley! 8-o *y*

There is a lot of detail all over the ship.

As already mentioned, it's nice to have a change from all the war ships and pirate ships.

The figurehead is very awesome looking; it just looks a little big for this size of a ship.

plot point...

But it does add to the fantasy look of the ship if that's what you're going for. X-D

Oh yeah BTW,

I added this ship to the Index of MOC Ships too.

P

You did? 8-o Thanks! *wub* *wub* *wub* I'm honored. :'-) All these pirate experts giving great feedback makes me feel special. :-$

Thanks again everybody for the great feedback. I am continuing to work on a v.2 and I can't wait to start getting the story up so everyone can start (hopefully) enjoying it...

Edited by phred

Awesome! Can't wait to see version 2!! Any idea when it will be completed?

Thanks Mr. Phes! :-$ That means a lot coming from you! I took your advice and posted a different picture in the opening thread.

Actually I meant post one big picture like this...

yacht01.jpg

Your images are only 650 x 488 pixels so you can easily afford to post one at full size in the top of the thread. I'd say you're safe with an image upto 800 x 600. However, if your selection of thumbnails are bringing you the type of feedback you require then no need to do add a big one in the first post!

And what worthy addition it is to the frontpage!

I shall however put another "Blogged" tag in the first post so its more prominently positioned.