Sign in to follow this  
Count

Track element, 5x1.5

Hi,

so far I am using the sprocket 25.8 (the one directly beside the track element), but it won´t allign correctly with the named track element. The sprocket is always offset to the right or left and never in the middle of the track element.

Thanks

Count

Hi Count

Welcome to the LDD side of Eurobricks. Hope you'll enjoy it here.

Regarding your question, the problems is that there is no connectivity defined for the sprocket to connect the track element. Basically it'a bug in the brick. It's one of the shortcomings of LDD that we're hoping TLG will fix soon.

It's a "known issue" that the 57518 Technic Link Tread Large cannot mate up with the 57519 Technic Tread Sprocket Wheel Large or the 57520 Technic Tread Sprocket Wheel Small . Maybe the upcoming Lego Digital Designer 4.0 (to be released in September 2010) will have it. See this Eurobricks post for discussion about the problem.

57518.jpg57519.jpg57520.jpg

Of course, with some tricky and careful building you could always get it to line up as if it were connected, even if it doesn't actually connect... just a thought.

Of course, with some tricky and careful building you could always get it to line up as if it were connected, even if it doesn't actually connect... just a thought.

It'd be cool if someone could make a jig/custom setup of some kind. Maybe some track elements wrapped around a sprocket like you propose Aanchir. Something you could cut and paste into your own models.

Thanks for all your replies. I think, I will just be patient and wait for LDD4. For the moment, I just build without the tracks.

Thank you,

Count

It'd be cool if someone could make a jig/custom setup of some kind. Maybe some track elements wrapped around a sprocket like you propose Aanchir. Something you could cut and paste into your own models.

Your wish is my command!

Here's my Sprocket Wheel Template

sprocket_wheel_template.png

LDD file (includes sprocket wheel wrapped in 6 tread pieces, straight length of 12 tread pieces, and green alignment tool)

User's Guide (step-by-step instructions, including tips on avoiding snags)