Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures - The LEGO Movie Series Discussion

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everybody! :classic:

I have not much news on series 12.

But I can confirm that it will be released and that it won't be a regular series like 1-11, but one only including chraracters of the Lego Movie (which I personally don't see as a good information). The price will nevertheless luckily be the same like the last series.

First post updated by WhiteFang (18 Nov 13)

Include the 71004, LEGO Minifigures – The LEGO Movie Series

gallery_2351_109_49061.jpg

Klaus-Dieter

Interesting. So the rumors about the LEGO Movie Collectables is true, but it will replace a whole series. Thanks for this information.

Thanks Klaus! You're always good at this stuff... Many people were right about Series 12. I don't mind it really! :classic:

So the Collectible Movie Minifigures count CMF series? What about the Olympics ones?

But it's unlikely that series 12 would come after 2014 April. Do TLC want to make series 12 on sale in the next season and use it as a pomotional advertisement before the premiere?

If there are classic figs in the mix I'll definitely be skipping them. I still have plenty of original Johnny Thunders and Blue spacemen in good condition. Abe, Michaelangelo, NBA Allstar, Shakespeare, Panda suit guy, fitness girl, hi-viz jacket cop - They can all come live with me.

It will be neat to see which figures they actually include. I'd love a good mix of old and new figures. I probably have a lot of the classic figures, but I'd take some new "mint" conditions of them also.

I'm not particularly pleased if the film figures are going to replace a normal series. The Morgan Freeman figure looks rubbish and the main guy and girl are not especially appealing and you would imagine most of the characters will appear in the sets anyway.

I'm not particularly pleased if the film figures are going to replace a normal series. The Morgan Freeman figure looks rubbish and the main guy and girl are not especially appealing and you would imagine most of the characters will appear in the sets anyway.

I don't think the main characters from the movie will be in the minifigure packs. Those are likely in the sets. I suspect this series will be for minifigs that are not currently available any other way. I do like the female lead whatever her name ends up being (Lucy?) but I agree on the other two designs.

I would like to see the movie figures done as a set, similar to the Olympic ones, but do not really want them replacing a whole CMF series as then they will not really be CMF, but more a movie merchandising series. Although a lot of them may be released in sets, maybe they will have slightly different dress or something, perhaps like the classic space man but with hair, holding his damaged helmet or something?

I'm almost 99% sure that since the movie series is series 12, that we won't see Emmet, Vitruvius, Wyldstyle, etc. I think it will likely simply be called Series 12, and feature minifigures that we wouldn't normally get (Panda Guy, maybe the Nicki Minermaid figure, etc.) I don't think we'll see Johnny Thunder, unfortunately, seeing how he's an already released figure. I personally just see this being called "Series 12", and maybe a little advert somewhere on the lack or pamphlet saying "Featuring exclusive characters from 'The LEGO Movie'!" I'm sure we'll still get 16 unique figures, and it will be no different from a previous series, just with figures you can see hidden throughout the movie.

I'm almost 99% sure that since the movie series is series 12, that we won't see Emmet, Vitruvius, Wyldstyle, etc. I think it will likely simply be called Series 12, and feature minifigures that we wouldn't normally get (Panda Guy, maybe the Nicki Minermaid figure, etc.) I don't think we'll see Johnny Thunder, unfortunately, seeing how he's an already released figure. I personally just see this being called "Series 12", and maybe a little advert somewhere on the lack or pamphlet saying "Featuring exclusive characters from 'The LEGO Movie'!" I'm sure we'll still get 16 unique figures, and it will be no different from a previous series, just with figures you can see hidden throughout the movie.

I agree, I think this series will contain entirely unique figures that will probably only be minor characters in the movie. Since they are making actual sets for the movie, all the main characters should be in those sets. I don’t think they’ll include previously released figures, and I don’t think it will really be that different from previous series. We may even have a couple army builders depending on what types of figures make appearances in the movie.

I agree, I think this series will contain entirely unique figures that will probably only be minor characters in the movie. Since they are making actual sets for the movie, all the main characters should be in those sets. I don’t think they’ll include previously released figures, and I don’t think it will really be that different from previous series. We may even have a couple army builders depending on what types of figures make appearances in the movie.

Well no, they may include previously released figures, since that was stated by TLC itself.

Thanks Klaus, I cant wait to see images of these and other upcoming sets :classic:

I wonder if this is more about characters from the movie as series 12 figures or more about series 12 figures getting cameos in the movie. If it is the latter, as I hope it is, then this series should look rather typical as far as character selection is concerned.

I wonder if this is more about characters from the movie as series 12 figures or more about series 12 figures getting cameos in the movie. If it is the latter, as I hope it is, then this series should look rather typical as far as character selection is concerned.

I'm pretty sure that it will be the latter, and I will be rather disappointed if it isn't the latter. It logically makes sense in away I'm not sure how to explain that the series won't have any main characters from the movie in it.

It's interesting. The figs do not look licensed, so they'll fit into the large CMF collection. I hope we'll get Panda Suit and new Mermaid, and maybe the new wizard (Vitruvius, the one voiced by Morgan Freeman). Though I'm not sure whether they will include main characters - these should be in bigger sets since they're going to produce 'real' Lego Movie sets...

1980something Space Guy with broken Helmet would be incredible!

I doubt they'll give a broken helmet, but rather the old-style helmet with some printed crack marks on it. :laugh:

I have to repeat myself since someone did not read:

"Additionally, the company’s line of collectible LEGO Minifigures will receive its first Hollywood makeover with a series inspired by “THE LEGO MOVIE” cast of 16 new and “new-again” LEGO characters."

New again means that they can release already released characters.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

New again means that they can release already released characters.

To me that means characters that were released a long time ago. I don't think that means characters that came out in the last year or two. But I don't think that is very different from CMF now. We have the Forest Man in Series 1 that thematically was a new again fig from the Forestmen era.

I would say that the whatever era basketball players in the trailer are fair game but the TMNT and Batman are not. Any characters from a previous CMF series would not be possible. They have not been gone long enough to be "new again".