LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

Season 4 is over, and we should be seeing the Season 5 trailer soon.

It is time to start discussion.

I'll start:

We know that Bo-Katan will return, and will be seen without her helmet. This means at least one Death Watch episode.

Looks like Darth Maul and Savage Opress are plotting some things for the future now. Maybe an attack on the Jedi after all, as was the false rumor for 'Revenge'...?

Ventress survived through the finale as well, so I wonder what's gonna happen to her - and what becomes of Boba after she locked him up in that box.

We know that we're going to see the Slave I coming back, but not in what state it is now...

We also heard that season 5 will probably highlight Ahsoka (and perhaps also her death... something that would make sense

could be an action by Anakin resulting in her death, after which his self-blame pushes him further towards the dark side) plus the return of the Mandalorians.

Just thoughts of mine mixed with facts though.

I still wonder why we didn't get a new trailer after the last episode, and when we could expect it otherwise.

Also... I don't see any spoilers here right now, do you? :tongue:

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Looks like Darth Maul and Savage Opress are plotting some things for the future now. Maybe an attack on the Jedi after all, as was the false rumor for 'Revenge'...?

Ventress survived through the finale as well, so I wonder what's gonna happen to her - and what becomes of Boba after she locked him up in that box.

We know that we're going to see the Slave I coming back, but not in what state it is now...

We also heard that season 5 will probably highlight Ahsoka (and perhaps also her death... something that would make sense

could be an action by Anakin resulting in her death, after which his self-blame pushes him further towards the dark side) plus the return of the Mandalorians.

Just thoughts of mine mixed with facts though.

I still wonder why we didn't get a new trailer after the last episode, and when we could expect it otherwise.

Also... I don't see any spoilers here right now, do you? :tongue:

~ General Magma

Not yet, anyway.

Admiral Trench is still alive, so he may appear.

Dooku still wants to take revenge on the pirates.

Ewoks, lots of Ewoks (even some chromed ones)

:tongue:

Maul wrecking things, and becoming evil not pathetic.

As Maul stated in the finale, he has waited a long time for his revenge. Now that he's whole again, he has nothing but time. I believe he and Savage Oppress will never attack the Jedi directly but continue to attack different planets forcing the Jedi to them. I don't want to see Ahsoka's character killed but if her story does indeed end with her death, I hope it's by Maul's hand. As much as Obi-Wan's staged death affected Anakin, I could see Ahsoka's death having a bigger impact on him since he is her Master.

Hmmm...if I were to make guesses about season 5, I'd make the following ones:

- Ahsoka will change, but not die.

- Maul will be killed by Skywalker. Maul will be betrayed by his former master.

Edited by Brickadeer

We will also be seeing Oppo Rancisis in this season! :wink:

I think we will see another change for the clones, in terms of equipment and armour etc.

I hope we get new character models for the main characters :classic:

We will also be seeing Oppo Rancisis in this season! :wink:

I think we will see another change for the clones, in terms of equipment and armour etc.

I hope we get new character models for the main characters :classic:

I don't think that they would change the character models so soon. :sceptic:

Why would Clone Armor change? The way it is now is the way it is in RotS.

The only "spoiler" I saw so far is a statement of Sam Witwer who said that now, when Maul is so to say fully operational, he realizes the scope of possibilities; consequently, he'll be more occupied by exploring and realizing these possibilities and less driven by revenge.

I don't think that they would change the character models so soon. :sceptic:

Why would Clone Armor change? The way it is now is the way it is in RotS.

I meant that there may be more variations on the clone armour in the next season i.e. when they brought in the ARF trooper armour.

I just think it would be nice to get ahsoka looking a little older and new character models for the likes of windu and yoda :classic:

I really hope in this next season we get more clones and more jedi (new and old). I would love to see some members of the jedi council, such as: Plo, Ki Adi, Eeth koth, Adi Gallia, Seasee Tiin and Shaak ti. I really want to see these jedi and new ones fighting in the clone wars and their stories, without another episode of anikan and ahsoka.

:classic:

I'm hoping for more maul I was worried about his return but I have to say the finale was great and I'm happy he's back I'm hoping that he doesn't just go for obi wan though I mean think about all the people he's pissed at besides obi. I would love to see him fight grievous or dooku while palpatine watches on like in rotj or even fight palpatine himself in mauls eyes it most have looked like palpatine discarded him for an old Jedi who wants to be more of a politician than a sith. Also I think that we need the Jedi interceptors in this series they should have been in series four

I hope we start seeing some more Jedi who were established before the Clone Wars series, like Bultar Swan, Tsui Choi, Coleman Kcaj, and those three who were created for the original Clone Wars series. It's great that we've had who we've had so far (Ki-Adi, Seasee, Kit, Plo, etc), but I hope they bring a few lesser known Jedi in.

I'm looking forward to seeing Oppo Rancis though. It'll be interesting to see how he talks, moves and dies (I imagine he'll be like Even Piell, considering they were both in AotC and deceased by RotS).

Actually, what worries me most is the constant decrease in the number of viewers of the season premieres. I hope that there are no external pressures forcing Filoni and Lucas to end the show faster than they want to.

I am hoping this is the last season. The views have gone down, with reason, and the show is mucking up several things. The show needs to end befor it retcons anything big.

I am hoping this is the last season. The views have gone down, with reason, and the show is mucking up several things. The show needs to end befor it retcons anything big.

It won't be the last. The last I heard was that they were working on Season 7.

The show has already caused some pretty major retcons. The complete change in Mandalorian architecture and philosophy is the biggest I can think of off the top of my head. The new things introduced by CW that don't make sense far outweigh the retcons, though; I grant you that. *cough*Mortis*cough*

The show has already caused some pretty major retcons. The complete change in Mandalorian architecture and philosophy is the biggest I can think of off the top of my head. The new things introduced by CW that don't make sense far outweigh the retcons, though; I grant you that. *cough*Mortis*cough*

Ok I correct myself, any bigger Retcons :tongue:

As long as no major contradictions to the films or CW are established, I couldn't care less what parts of the EU TCW mucks up. To me they are in an alternate universe or universes so TCW doesn't contradict anything.

As long as no major contradictions to the films or CW are established, I couldn't care less what parts of the EU TCW mucks up. To me they are in an alternate universe or universes so TCW doesn't contradict anything.

I agree completely. I am not very familiar with the EU (aside from Wookipedia readings), so I don't really care about it.

As long as TCW is good, I'm happy. :classic:

Well, I don't hope this will be the last season :) To me, TCW means a tremendous enrichment of my original understanding of Star Wars.

I really hope that Filoni and Lucas will be given the opportunity to stick to their own ideas instead of compromising them due to external demands.

I don't give a damn about he EU, but I feel anything in the movies could change after what they have done to Maul. I hope Lucas and Filoni get it, the show has to change, stop getting sidetracked and start making a show about clones and wars. A few episodes a season without the clone wars is fine but around half of the episodes is not.

Well, it's not. One of the writers already confirmed they are already working on season 6, and there are rumours they will soon start on season 7 as well...

Oh, and Maul's definitely coming back next season:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/interview-supervising-director-dave-filoni-discusses-star-wars-190900068.html

A thought has come to me, look over the past two seasons which OT characters have popped up eh ?

Chewie, Ackbar, Tarkin.....keep going a few more right.....Boba too ! :laugh:

So Lucas now sees CW to tell the back stories of his OT characters so when the 3-D OT films come out kids will know who is who. :wink:

Three more seasons......is there enough back story to explain.....what even more sub-plots ? :look:

I guess we will all have to wait for the season 5 trailers to hit the web. :wink:

Well, it's not. One of the writers already confirmed they are already working on season 6, and there are rumours they will soon start on season 7 as well...

Oh, and Maul's definitely coming back next season:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/interview-supervising-director-dave-filoni-discusses-star-wars-190900068.html

Interesting, thanks :classic:

It's a real chance for us to explore this character in a way that we didn't have the time to in "The Phantom Menace."
Filoni is very explicit about what they are doing. It's a pitty that the opinions, evaluations and actions of so many people are biased and determined by their preconceptions, but I guess that's how the world functions.