Sign in to follow this  
CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #51: A Shanty for Science

Thalion looked a bit confused, "You are a guard here, right?"

After a brief pause he continued, "Well I was hoping you'd help by fight with us, but if you say you can't , could an you offer us any other form of assistance?"

8004588447_d7d5443691_t.jpg

"Uh....I can drag you out of there if you get completely overrun with spiders, I guess...."

OOC: evil, you are evil. (not really)

IC: De'kra froze up at the mention of the arachnid horrors, and his hand latched around Kapura. "Why?" he sighed in a downhearted chirp, "Why is it always spiders?"

"It could be worse. At least they're not Chaos Beasts." Arthur unsheathed his sword, before handing the Blunt Dagger to De'kra. "Now I think of it, this is better suited for you. Not that any of us'll need it, but if you need to use a throwing weapon for some reason, you've got a chance of it being an instant kill. Also, mind using your Cloak of the Elven Spy on this kid? If the joker's got something useful on him, I want him to give it to us BEFORE the fight." He turns to the man. "What's your name, lad? If you're too scared to fight, then you'd better use my telescope to watch. Heh, maybe you'll learn something along the way!"

Thalion nodded to the guard in approval followed by silent "All right.", and turned to his companions, "Friends, shall we?"

I?c : De'kra complies and uses the Cloak of the Elven Spy on the youth. As he prepares to head in he clicks, "Nuparu, given that s-spiders tend to be in groups in Olegaia, I am guess that I might have to use new cloak?"

"My name's Filmore. And, uh, thanks."

He accepts Arthur's telescope. De'kra gives him a piercing stare.

Filmore

Level 20 Humanoid

Health: 213/213

Special I: Hack ‘n’ Slash – Filmore wildly cuts at the party, dealing 2-12 damage to all of them.

Special II: AHHH! - Filmore runs to the back row for the next 3 rounds, dealing halved damage and recieving halved damage from melee attacks. Has a 1/3 chance to adctivate every Special Damage, but isn't used when already in the back row.

Drops: 20 gold, Telescope

"Yes, I think that would be a wise plan. Think you might be able to give that cloak a shot on the spiders in the crates?"

IC: De'kra nodded, before focusing his Cloak of the Elven Spy upon the craters. What will he find?

Edited by Tanma

De'kra looks over Filmore's shoulder and across several crates and barrels, but not knowing where to focus, he's unable to locate anything.

Thalion whispered to the party, "Well, it would have been better to know what is coming so we could prepare, but no matter." Thalion is ready to continue to the cargo hold.

"Let's do this." Arthur moves forward into the cargo hold, ready for battle.

The heroes step past Filmore and into the cargo hold. It's dark, and quite a few crates and barrels line the walls and floors. He points them towards one side of the hold.

8114781613_61f53c3106_z.jpg

"T-This is where I saw them..."

Edited by CallMePie

"De'kra, care to examine the white crate with your Magnifying Glass?"

IC: De'kra scanned the white crate with his Cloak of the Elven Spy, though he also searched the other crates just in case.

Edited by Tanma

The stats of the crates pose no threat. De'kra's search brings him to the dark brown barrel, but his short stature makes it difficult to look inside. Before he can, however, it tips over right on top of the Assassin, a bright red spider crawling out. It blinks down him, and as if it's a signal, five more vibrantly colored arachnids follow suit.

8114782723_191b4efd1f_z.jpg

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies

8155226124_0bf2898fe3_t.jpg

Spiders-In-A-Barrel

Level 1 Plant Vermin

Health: 420/420

Special: Splinter - Spiders-In-A-Barrel deals 1 damage regardless of row and SP.

Drops: 2 Noxious Venoms

Successful hits against SIAB (and free hits, if untargeted) have a 1/6 chance to spawn a random elemental spider. Sudden death is not recommended.

heroicafog-monster-brightwidow.jpg

Baby Bright Widow

Level 8 Fiery Vermin

Health: 42/42

Special: Hot Thread - Deals 8 fire elemental damage and the Enraged effect.

Drops: Fire Bomb

Immune to Enraged

heroicafog-monster-gloomwidow.jpg

Baby Gloom Widow

Level 8 Aquatic Vermin

Special: Weeping Thread - Deals 8 water elemental damage and the Weakened effect.

Drops: Water Bomb

Immune to Weakened

heroicafog-monster-glowwidow.jpg

Baby Glow Widow

Level 8 Electric Vermin

Special: Zap Thread - Deals 8 lightning elemental damage and the Stunned effect.

Drops: Lightning Bomb

Immune to Stunned

heroicafog-monster-tombwidow.jpg

Baby Tomb Widow

Level 8 Rocky Vermin

Special: Suffocating Thread - Deals 8 earth elemental damage and the Cursed effect.

Drops: Dirt Bomb

Immune to Cursed

heroicafog-monster-whitewidow.jpg

Baby White Widow

Level 8 Icy Vermin

Special: Cold Thread - Deals 8 fire elemental damage and the Fragile effect.

Drops: Ice Bomb

Immune to Fragile

8114794360_cd73b00d5f_t.jpg

Baby Dusk Widow

Level 8 Dark Vermin

Special: Shadow Thread - Deals 8 darkness elemental damage and the Blinded effect.

Drops: Smoke Bomb

Immune to Blinded

Party

Arthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII (played by Flipz) *Immune to Sealed* *Party Leader*

Level 18 Sorcerer

Power: 30

Health: 28/28

Ether: 19/28

Defense: 3

Gold: 2

Equipment: Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Darkness elemental), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to Sealed), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory:

Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, lent to Barur Tormek; 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging), Ancient Crown (First successful strike of battle deals Cursed effect, borrowed from Atramor Gibbin), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent, lent to De'kra), Opal (Ice), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire, borrowed from Barur Thormek) Bedroll, Shovel, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of Poisoning(Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Luck (Grants target the lucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Grand Tonic, Holy Bomb, Remedy, Nostrum, 3 Cobblestones, 2 Bonaparte Cadet Uniforms, Blunt Dagger (WP: 1, dagger), Shipping Logs, Assorted Bonaparte Letters

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Thormek (played by Aveal the black sheep)

Level 10 Cleric

Power: 17

Health: 18/18

Ether: 14/14

Defense: 1

Gold: 139

Equipment: Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII; 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Robe of the Magi (SP: 1), Ancient Crown (First successful strike deals the Cursed effect, headwear, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII)

Inventory: Topaz (Lightning, lent to Thalion Dwinlas), Ruby (Fire, lent to Arthur Justus Regulus VII), Potion, Remedy, 2 Venoms, 5 Bones, Bedroll, 2 Tonics, Rune Staff (WP: 4), Mulled Wine (Causes the Inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle.)

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png

De'kra (played by Tanma) *Immune to Enamored* *Immune to Confused*

Level: 19.5 Assassin

Power: 26

Health: 30/30

Gold: 77

Equipment: Kapura (WP:7, Fire), Cloak of the Elven Spy, Heart Locket(Protects from enamored effect and confused effect)

Inventory: Explosive Handcannon (WP: 8, double WP to rock monsters), Chiara (WP:7, Electricity), Shadeaux Dagger(WP:5, loaned to Thalion Dwinlas), Fauxthril Hand Cannon(WP:7), Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII), Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass, Potions (10), Grand Potions (3), Remedy (3), Phoenic Essence (3), Smoke Bombs (2), Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb

Thalion Dwinlas (played by -obelix-)

Level 6 Mage

Power: 11

Health: 10/10

Ether: 10/10

Gold: 14

Equipment: Shadeuax Dagger (WP: 5, borrowed from De'kra), Leather Cap (SP:1)

Inventory: Ruby (Fire), Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning, borrowed from Barur Thormek) 2 Potions, Bedroll, Dagger (WP: 3), Mulled Wine (Causes the Inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle.)

Party leader, post the battle order. Party, choose a target/use an item/heal/cast a spell/etc. Any untargeted enemies will get a free hit at the end of the round.

Edited by CallMePie

With the power of a recently borrowed Topaz surging through his body, Thalion attacks Baby Gloom Widow with Lightning spell, from the back row.

Edited by -obelix-

IC: De'kra freezes, as memories rush through his mind. An empty city, void of life save sickly green webs that coated its every fiber. And in the distance he could hear them, crawling and creeping, venom boiling in their fangs...

Forcefully he pushed the thought away, before clicking, "I-I will attack baby Tomb Widow from back row and Explosive Hand Cannon. Hopefully Cloak of Deception will be useful against this horde."

De'kra was using the Cloak of the Elven Spy when the battle initiated. It takes a turn to swap out artifacts.

OOC: Are you sure? Because I have never really run into that rule before.

IC: De'kra continues to aim his cannon for battle.

Edited by Tanma

Well, you have to wear it when you use it, so it only makes sense that if a battle is sprung on De'kra, he's unable to change them quickly enough.

OOC: Yeah logically, but I know I have used my cloak right before a battle began, but then switched cloaks first round. It was all the way back in Quest 4, but it was the finale battle. Still, if thats so its so.

IC: De'kra tried not to look at the disturbing arthropods, even as he readied to fire.

Our QM is being naughty, changing an already set stats for the enemies... tsk, tsk... :classic: Just kidding, this makes it more interesting, and strategically challenging!

Edited by -obelix-