Sign in to follow this  
Fives

The Hunger Games

With the fast approaching release of the film, I was surprised to find that no one had started a topic about this! I just read the book last week, and am completely ecstatic about it! So, what do people think? What do other fans expect from the film?

Well, having read all three books myself, I know that certain things aren't going in a PG-13 movie. :laugh: I was also rather surprised when I saw how many of the fans were girls. (Nothing against them.) But it looks to be a fairly good movie and I've heard they're making all three books into separate movies. And the third book is going to be two movies, just what I've heard, which seems rather stupid if you ask me, there's not enough material there.

The books are young adult, age 12 and up so I really don't think there will be need to cut much if anything for a pg 13 rating. most of the cuts will be for time or budget or "creative reasons".

I'm pretty excited for the movie and get updates from my niece on everything that comes out in regard to the movie ( who is 13 and keeps up on it via imdb and podcasts!).

Well, having read all three books myself, I know that certain things aren't going in a PG-13 movie. :laugh: I was also rather surprised when I saw how many of the fans were girls. (Nothing against them.) But it looks to be a fairly good movie and I've heard they're making all three books into separate movies. And the third book is going to be two movies, just what I've heard, which seems rather stupid if you ask me, there's not enough material there.

I was a bit surprised by that as well. I love the books. My brother gave me a copy of the first book late last year. I couldn't get enough of it, I just couldn't put it down. I ended up reading the whole series in a month. I'm just about done with the first book for the third time. I am so excited for tis movie, in fact, I don't think I have been more excited for one. The one thing I hope not to do to the point where it ruins the experience for me, is point out what they did wrong in my head. There's a great site that is hosting a bunch of videos about the premieres and interviews with the stars and director. If it's ok with the mods, I'll post it.

The books are young adult, age 12 and up so I really don't think there will be need to cut much if anything for a pg 13 rating. most of the cuts will be for time or budget or "creative reasons".

I'm pretty excited for the movie and get updates from my niece on everything that comes out in regard to the movie ( who is 13 and keeps up on it via imdb and podcasts!).

In the UK they have had to cut 7s of material, mainly blood splashes for it to get the 12A rating. Give or take the same as your PG-13 rating.

I know very little of the books but the trailer has really impressed me, had no idea what a big deal the books were. The premise reminds me a little of the Running Man but I look forward to seeing it in a couple of weeks.

How to put this lightly....let's just say there are some nude scenes that aren't going in and that's what I meant. :wink:

I've read all three books as well, and must say they're fantastic.

Well, having read all three books myself, I know that certain things aren't going in a PG-13 movie. :laugh:

That's probably why there are so many girls! They're hoping for something. :poke:

That's probably why there are so many girls! They're hoping for something. :poke:

But they're all girl nude scenes. (At least in the books.) :tongue:

But they're all girl nude scenes. (At least in the books.) :tongue:

I remember a few male nude scenes, like Haymitch and the puke in the beginning of Hunger Games while on the train. And from what I've heard from others and plot analysis', the movie seems like it's staying very true to the book.

I remember a few male nude scenes, like Haymitch and the puke in the beginning of Hunger Games while on the train. And from what I've heard from others and plot analysis', the movie seems like it's staying very true to the book.

Yes, but I don't expect to see that sort of stuff in a PG-13 movie! Hopefully it'll be like the LotR movies, close enough to the books but a good movie too. :sweet:

Ah yeah i forgot about those scenes. Yeah they won't show anything like that but I wouldn't be surprised if they lead up to it and just don't actually "show" anything. you know like in Austin Powers :wink:

I have to say, I was hesitating in reading this. I'm surprised at the quality, for it being such a modern-book. I do have a few complains- the first have was too fast, with very little description- but other than that it was a good, interesting read. I still have yet to read the other two.

There's a great site that is hosting a bunch of videos about the premieres and interviews with the stars and director. If it's ok with the mods, I'll post it.

Go ahead and post the link, I don't see a problem with this.

Ah yeah i forgot about those scenes. Yeah they won't show anything like that but I wouldn't be surprised if they lead up to it and just don't actually "show" anything. you know like in Austin Powers :wink:

Yeah, or they could throw some simple dress on them.

And the third book is going to be two movies, just what I've heard, which seems rather stupid if you ask me, there's not enough material there.

According to an interview I read, that is something the studio is trying to force on them, not something they actually want to do.

According to an interview I read, that is something the studio is trying to force on them, not something they actually want to do.

Yeah, with the original company that was going to make the LotR movies with Peter, they wanted to do two movies and combine the last two books. It seems odd to be splitting the last one up.

Yeah, with the original company that was going to make the LotR movies with Peter, they wanted to do two movies and combine the last two books. It seems odd to be splitting the last one up.

It's because all the big movie franchises are doing it. Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. They think that it'll get more popularity if it's split up into more movies. :hmpf:

Go ahead and post the link, I don't see a problem with this.

Ok, it's mockingjay . net. On the homepage, theres a lot of videos with interviews from the cast and director. 3 of the mod team went to the premiere in LA and talked about how it was really true to the book. One even said it was the most like the book movie she'd seen.

It's because all the big movie franchises are doing it. Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. They think that it'll get more popularity if it's split up into more movies. :hmpf:

Yeah, but that's a really bad reason. Or money. People do all sorts of stupid things to get money.

Yeah, but that's a really bad reason. Or money. People do all sorts of stupid things to get money.

Exactly, look at TLG for instance! :tongue:

Just got home from midnight screening of this, having read the book, i was disapointed a little, but overall it was a really good movie. Was very true to the story line in the Arena though

Just got home from midnight screening of this, having read the book, i was disapointed a little, but overall it was a really good movie. Was very true to the story line in the Arena though

Lucky. :tongue: Now I want to go see it even more this weekend. :laugh:

Jealous! :cry_happy: I gotta wait til Tuesday to see it with my dad. Then going again Saturday with brother and friends. I'm pretty excited.

I just borrowed the first book last night and finished the whole thing. :laugh:

Great book, cant wait to see the movie.