Does anyone here play airsoft? I have gotten into it a lot more over the past year, and I was thinking it would be cool to have a thread where everyone could say what guns they have.

Currently, I own:

- Crosman AEG R71 Pulse Rifle (automatic)

- DE pump-action shell shotgun (single fire)

- Walther spring powered P99

Right now, I am thinking of saving up for an Echo 1 or JG (Jing Gong) M4 Carbine. any thoughts or recommendations?

Edited by Clone Commander Assassin

I did, when I was in High School.

I had a MP5, Desert Eagle, Walter PPK, and an AK-47.

Me and my buddies had lots of fun in the woods behind my house. :thumbup:

I was trying to get a 1/16 RC tank that shoots airsoft but when it arrived the left side tread engine was cracked so I paid 20$ to send it back for a replacement and my replacement's gun didn't work and the controller's was malfunctioning so now I have to pay 20$ to send it back in order to get my money back :cry_sad: . Other than that I had a pistol a while back but after 5 years it won't shoot :hmpf_bad: .

I was trying to get a 1/16 RC tank that shoots airsoft but when it arrived the left side tread engine was cracked so I paid 20$ to send it back for a replacement and my replacement's gun didn't work and the controller's was malfunctioning so now I have to pay 20$ to send it back in order to get my money back :cry_sad: .

I've never used an airsoft tank before. Do you know how fast it shot? (fps)

I've never used an airsoft tank before. Do you know how fast it shot? (fps)

It has a range of 30yd if that helps :classic: .

So I'm thinking about buying a pistol, but I don't know what type I should get: Electric, Gas, or Spring?

I want one that shoots a good distance, but semi-automatic. (Meaning you don't have to cock it every time you want to fire.)

I'll worry about the actual pistol later, as for right now I just want to know the best type. Thanks.

-Spyder

Ah, yes airsoft...

I currently own a Gas P226 Pistol and a M4 rifle.

Both are great guns. I'm not that into it though. I play a bit, and like it, but nothing compared to My brother, who Plays for the Regional team and is Really into it. Airsoft is his hobby, as mine is lego.

It's great, beacuse he gets me really decent guns at great prices :tongue:

So I'm thinking about buying a pistol, but I don't know what type I should get: Electric, Gas, or Spring?

I want one that shoots a good distance, but semi-automatic. (Meaning you don't have to cock it every time you want to fire.)

I'll worry about the actual pistol later, as for right now I just want to know the best type. Thanks.

There are no semi-auto spring pistols, and they don't shoot too far, so that rules out spring. I do not know much about electric pistols, other than that they do not rank high in customer satisfaction. That only leaves gas. Gas pistol shoot far, and they are semi-auto, but their price is higher, plus you have to buy the gas. Another option is CO2. that is my personal favorite because it shoots far, it is usually semi-auto, and they are a little cheaper than gas pistols. You still have to buy the CO2 capsules, but they are cheaper than a can of gas. Does that answer your question? Also, depending on where you live you can find CO2 guns for a fraction of the price than if you bought it off of an online website exclusive to airsoft (i.e. airsoftmegastore). If you live in the USA, I suggest shopping online at either Dunham's or even Amazon.

I currently own a Gas P226 Pistol and a M4 rifle.

Do you happen to know the brand of your M4 and the fps? Thanks.

There are no semi-auto spring pistols, and they don't shoot too far, so that rules out spring. I do not know much about electric pistols, other than that they do not rank high in customer satisfaction. That only leaves gas. Gas pistol shoot far, and they are semi-auto, but their price is higher, plus you have to buy the gas. Another option is CO2. that is my personal favorite because it shoots far, it is usually semi-auto, and they are a little cheaper than gas pistols. You still have to buy the CO2 capsules, but they are cheaper than a can of gas. Does that answer your question? Also, depending on where you live you can find CO2 guns for a fraction of the price than if you bought it off of an online website exclusive to airsoft (i.e. airsoftmegastore). If you live in the USA, I suggest shopping online at either Dunham's or even Amazon.

Do you happen to know the brand of your M4 and the fps? Thanks.

Academy, and around 350fps I think. Its quite a good gun. Anything under 100 fps is just a kiddy gun really.... I hate it when I see people selling 'BB' guns at markets.. they're such bad quatily it irritates me so much!

Also, You can actully buy spring semi-auto pistols... they just suck and tend to brake very easily because the ideas behind them are usually very odd... :laugh:

I used to have a MP5 and Electric Pistol, but I sold the MP5 to get my M4, and the EBB broke, as it was my first gun and really average..

Thanks, I never knew about the CO2 pistols!

I haven't done airsoft in a couple years but I own a Classic Army M15A4. I upgraded the internals and had it shooting around 380-390 FPS. 400 was the field limit at all the places I played in Illinois and Indiana. I was part of a team for a little while but when my gun broke I pretty much got out because I thought it was too expensive to fix. In retrospect the cost to fix the gun is about that of the Grand Emporium so who knows, maybe I'll get back into it.

Here is my full airsoft arsenal!

5538321723_da8c0a4c2d.jpg

Nice set up. Once i get some bills paid off i'm planing on getting an AR15. How's the shot gun working for ya? Always been curious how affective these are in the field.

I have a decent collection.

AEGs:

-Classic Army G36-based SL-9 (CA36 with STAR conversion kit)

-Classic Army M4

-ICS L85A2

-JG P90TR

-KWA G36C

Pistols:

KWA USP

KJW Para 14.45

GBBR:

WE SCAR (Tan)

Used to own:

Tokyo Marui FA-MAS F1 (one of my favorites, never should have sold it :( )

Tokyo Marui Mk. 23 SOCOM

Tokyo Marui-based MP5A4, with gen1 CA metal body

AA L85A1 (WORST airsoft gun I have ever owned)

Bolt-action L96, though the airsoft one is actually the AWP, not the AIAW

I think that covers everything.

Used to play a lot back in college. Not so much any more. Other life priorities. Might get back into more gaming this summer.

Some pictures (some more current than others)

DSCF0498.jpg

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0321.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

collection.jpg

DSCF0522.jpg

slawesome.jpg

p90_3.jpg

Edited by FlyBoy

Me and my bro both run with Aftermath MP5s(Yeah, bad brand, I know...) both our gearboxes went the other day, same symptom(locked up), so we're gonna get the JG Mk5 Gb on ASGI. Mine is an MP5j and his is an MP5A4 with a lighted handguard and clone Aimpoint with 3 hicaps, 2 midcaps, and one mag clamp. Beast gun. I think he has some mods in plan too. :wub:

My bro traded some of his spare MP5 parts for a almost brand new TM GBB Hardkick Desert Eagle a few months ago. The guy's gonna ship it out on the 5th.

Edited by airsoftg36c

Me and my bro both run with Aftermath MP5s(Yeah, bad brand, I know...) both our gearboxes went the other day, same symptom(locked up), so we're gonna get the JG Mk5 Gb on ASGI. Mine is an MP5j and his is an MP5A4 with a lighted handguard and clone Aimpoint with 3 hicaps, 2 midcaps, and one mag clamp. Beast gun. I think he has some mods in plan too. :wub:

My bro traded some of his spare MP5 parts for a almost brand new TM GBB Hardkick Desert Eagle a few months ago. The guy's gonna ship it out on the 5th.

Lockup isn't a "problem" per se.. it has to do with the design of the mechbox. V1's were really bad for it, and some V2's (what MP5s have) are pretty bad as well. To unjam it you need to pull the mechbox out away from the motor and use needle-nose pliers to pull up the anti-reversal latch. That will allow the mechbox to unwind, and thus unjam. Unfortunately MP5s are a complete pain to disassemble with plastic bodies.

You can avoid lockups 2 ways: 1) Use a good, powerful battery. A large battery of 3,000 Mah or a small of no less than 1,500 Mah, made by a reputable brand. Batteries that come with Chinese airsoft guns are complete garbage. 2) ALWAYS, when firing in semi, do COMPLETE trigger pulls. One of the leader causes of mechbox lockup is people doing incomplete pulls. This causes power to be cut from the motor before the mechbox is finished cycling.

A new spring probably wouldn't hurt either. Aftermath guns are stupid overpowered for their components. You shouldn't be running anything more than an MS110SP (about 360 FPS) in a stock gun.

Lockup isn't a "problem" per se.. it has to do with the design of the mechbox. V1's were really bad for it, and some V2's (what MP5s have) are pretty bad as well. To unjam it you need to pull the mechbox out away from the motor and use needle-nose pliers to pull up the anti-reversal latch. That will allow the mechbox to unwind, and thus unjam. Unfortunately MP5s are a complete pain to disassemble with plastic bodies.

You can avoid lockups 2 ways: 1) Use a good, powerful battery. A large battery of 3,000 Mah or a small of no less than 1,500 Mah, made by a reputable brand. Batteries that come with Chinese airsoft guns are complete garbage. 2) ALWAYS, when firing in semi, do COMPLETE trigger pulls. One of the leader causes of mechbox lockup is people doing incomplete pulls. This causes power to be cut from the motor before the mechbox is finished cycling.

A new spring probably wouldn't hurt either. Aftermath guns are stupid overpowered for their components. You shouldn't be running anything more than an MS110SP (about 360 FPS) in a stock gun.

Thats about what I'm running, I have a 1600 JG battery in it now, and I keep my clone battery for the unfortunate people who forget their batteries at a game.

The reason I'm changing mechboxes is because I'm being hounded to do so on my (4 or so) airsoft forums I've joined, and I've heard the JG MK5 mechbox is excellent for lipos, which I'm really wanting to do, AND I'm also not really loooking forwards to my complete breakdown just hours before a big game or something like that, so I think it would be better to replace now instead of later.

My MP5 isn't that much of a pain to take apart... I can do a complete takedown in 10 minutes or so.

Edited by airsoftg36c

Thats about what I'm running, I have a 1600 JG battery in it now, and I keep my clone battery for the unfortunate people who forget their batteries at a game.

The reason I'm changing mechboxes is because I'm being hounded to do so on my (4 or so) airsoft forums I've joined, and I've heard the JG MK5 mechbox is excellent for lipos, which I'm really wanting to do, AND I'm also not really loooking forwards to my complete breakdown just hours before a big game or something like that, so I think it would be better to replace now instead of later.

My MP5 isn't that much of a pain to take apart... I can do a complete takedown in 10 minutes or so.

Thats good. Not sure if the CYMA (aftermath) MP5 bodies are using a different style. The TM ones were a complete pain.. had to split it in half and all to take the mechbox out.

JG makes surprisingly good mechboxes for the cost. Wiring and greasing is a little suspect but hey for $30 hard to complain... considering a CA reinforced mechbox shell alone costs 3 times that.

Thats good. Not sure if the CYMA (aftermath) MP5 bodies are using a different style. The TM ones were a complete pain.. had to split it in half and all to take the mechbox out.

JG makes surprisingly good mechboxes for the cost. Wiring and greasing is a little suspect but hey for $30 hard to complain... considering a CA reinforced mechbox shell alone costs 3 times that.

Umm...The one I'm buying is 60+shipping.... Once you take the front, stock, lower, rear sight, and the screws out, the upper just splits in half, showing the gearbox in all its greasy glory.

I'm actually considering trading my gun for an M4/G36 variant.

Edited by airsoftg36c

Umm...The one I'm buying is 60+shipping.... Once you take the front, stock, lower, rear sight, and the screws out, the upper just splits in half, showing the gearbox in all its greasy glory.

I'm actually considering trading my gun for an M4/G36 variant.

Hmm, did you check ehobbyasia?