Hive

Battle of The Bountys

Battle of The Bountys  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship is the better Bounty?

• Brickbeard's Bounty (2009)
    • The Brick Bounty (2015)
    • Draw

With both of these ships so undeniably similar, which one is actually the better version?

6243-1.jpg?0

Brickbeard's Bounty

OR

70413-1.jpg?1

The Brick Bounty

Edited by Hive

Well, I have neither, but I am planning to get the Brick Bounty, so I'm gonna go with Brick Bounty.

The Brick Bounty wins.

BBB has the better color sheme. I absolutely love that dark red! However, TBB has a much better design. So, yeah TBB takes the cake.

BBB has to many unforgivable flaws. It is rather instable, so parts brake of frequently, she is missing an anchor... but the most important part: It's rigging is terrible. Sorry, but that lazy, instable, horrible design ruined the complete set. Thank god, other ships are designed much better!

Edited by josykay

I like The Brick Bounty better. Although I like the pirates better in the BBB, I like TBB's Bluecoats and other features of the ship way better.

TBB Pros:

-Anchor

-More Enemies

-Cooler Shark

-Crows nest

-WAY better rigging

TBB Cons:

-No Parrot pirate_oh3.gif

-Less treasure

-Crank isn't the best

BBB Pros:

-REDCOATS pir_laugh2.gif

-Monkey

-Parrot

-Better Captain and Pirates (in my opinion)

-More treasure

-Better shade of red

BBB Cons:

-Awful Rigging

-No Anchor pirate_sing.gif

-Strange shark

-Less enemies (because of the governor's daughter, who is way more weak than the new one, in my opinion)

I'll wait until I've built the Brick Bounty which I just received today :classic: Then I'll make the final judgement.

I also have neither. Still hoping to get the Brick Bounty. Don't know which ship I prefer but as a set I prefer Brickbeards Bounty. A monkey and a shark that while cartoonish seems to not be available anymore are definite wins for me.

My vote goes to The Brick Bounty,

less cartoonish,

CROW'S NEST (been waiting for this feature since 1989)

'nuff said.

This is going to be tricky...

Brick Bounty

Pros:

More parts

MUCH better figures

Better flag

The skulls on the sails, while being annoying, are much better than the old ones

Cons:

While the smaller top sails are nice, you have to stick to the printed big sails.

Badly designed cabin/captain's quarters (I don't know much about English words for ship parts...)

A bit ugly colours

Brickbeard's Bounty

Pros:

The animals

Design

The sails without skulls

Nice colours

Cons:

Fewer parts

Ugly skulls

Bad flag

Not as nice figures

I can't really decide :S I might vote for Brick Bounty anyway.

I build BBB several times for selling it at amazon and today I build my TBB. Here is my opinion.

TBB is much better. As other mentioned the rigging is a bad joke at BBB.

I like the way you can open the roof. The whole construction is much moree stabile at the TBB. Another great gimick is the extendable plank. The dark red of the BBB may be nicer, but the TBB has gotten more love from his designer.

Edited by Matthias

This poll needs more options. It should have had five options, something like:

BB is greatly better than BBB

BB is somewhat better than BBB

Neither is better than the other

BBB is somewhat better than BB

BBB is greatly better than BB

My vote would probably go for 'neither'. Both have advantages and disadvantages. One has an anchor. One has (in my opinion) a nicer colour scheme. One has a crows nest. One has cannons on wheels that let the cannon flaps close properly. One has a nifty hole for hiding treasure. One has proper doors. One has a more realistically designed stern. One has tubes for spars. One has the more interesting looking cabin.

It's actually a fairly decent match. But if I have to choose, I'll go with BB, because I like the spars, I like the anchor and I like the stern designs.

Actually, it's kind of funny that the BB is winning (so far) considering the reaction of most people in the community when they first saw it....

Edited by David Thomsen

I've got to go with Brickbeard's Bounty, as that's the one I own. I haven't seen the Brick Bounty in person.

I just built The Brick Bounty last night and quite like it.

Unfortunately, the last two ships I built were the Imperial Flagship and MetalBeard's Sea Cow.

So, this ship seems so small to me in comparison.

Having said that, here's what I prefer over Brickbeard's Bounty:

• The rigging
  • An anchor and crow's nest
  • Rear of cabin is sleek
  • Hiding place for treasure
  • Colors: I know I'm probably going to get flack for this but I like the use of red on the ship rather than dark red.
    After all, this is a non-licensed set.
    I say leave the darker themed ships for the POTC, The LEGO Movie, and MOC sets...
  • Cabin door and balcony
    Again, this looks to be an unpopular opinion but I enjoy that the designer has mixed things up a bit.
  • I prefer the figures in this set and am very happy with the selection of Bluecoats
  • Better skull logo

For the price, I think it's a great set.

I only wish they would have included some gold pieces and a monkey or parrot...

One thing I'm not clear on is why the instructions have you build the cabin with windows opening inward.

Any thoughts?

One thing I'm not clear on is why the instructions have you build the cabin with windows opening inward.

Any thoughts?

I hadn't noticed that before, I guess it's a stylistic thing, having the windows more inset.

I think I could appreciate the balcony better if it was more than just a couple of cones and a tile. They could have use the L-shaped tiles to wrap it around, or something. But it was probably a tricky idea to implement and get right.

I missed the BBB. But I think I like it more because of the figs (redcoats) and monkey. :classic:

The color of the BBB might be nicer, but the much better stern and rigging seal the deal in TBB's favor as far as I'm concerned.

I must say that I'm surprised to see TBB lead so comfortably over BBB.

I'll have to ask, since several people mention it: what's so improved about the rigging in TBB? To me, they look nearly identical.

I must say that I'm surprised to see TBB lead so comfortably over BBB.

I'll have to ask, since several people mention it: what's so improved about the rigging in TBB? To me, they look nearly identical.

Thats easy: this flabby poles that tried to hold the sails are away. The new technic is stable and can hold the sails at the area they should be. The Sails are know fixed again, like they where in the 90s and don´t slip up and down on the pole.

Edited by Matthias

I build BBB several times for selling it at amazon and today I build my TBB. Here is my opinion.

TBB is much better. As other mentioned the rigging is a bad joke at BBB.

I like the way you can open the roof. The whole construction is much moree stabile at the TBB. Another great gimick is the extendable plank. The dark red of the BBB may be nicer, but the TBB has gotten more love from his designer.

Stability is a good point. A plus for the new version!

It's astonishing really how BB can be so popular now. Before they came out I don't think I saw even one positive comment about it (this is an exaggeration of course). Anyways, I'm glad for having new pirate sets, but I must say none of the ships have come close to the Barracuda or the ship with black sails. Those look really great. Too bad I was too young to get those.

Good question,

I can't decide, both ships are terrible pir_laugh2.gif .

If I would make a pick it would be one based on the parts they contain.

I bought the Brick Bounty myself (along with every other set from the new Pirates wave), but I see good reasons to like each one equally.

I will admit that I would've preferred Brickbeard's Bounty, if only because I recently had to buy that shark separately.

The Brickbeard's Bounty is the better ship overall, but not by much. Both have their flaws and advantages though. The Brick Bounty has an anchor, which is on the plus side, but summing up all the details of both ships I find it slightly inferior to the predecessor. Not to mention its lack of originality but I already covered that in the review. So, after much hesitation I voted for the Brickbeard's Bounty.

Having built the BBB years ago, I say the TBB is the better ship......Lego might have learnt how to design pirate ships again thanks to POTC. pirate_wink.gif

I don't understand why BB is wining over BBB. I have voted the 2009 ship.

Reasons:

BB cannons haven't moving system!!! BBB cannons have wheels at least! ->1 point to BBB

BBB have 2 doors in the sterncastle. BB have only one door and a hollow ->1 point to BBB

BBB have better sterncastle with that crossed blades as an ornament ->1 point to BBB

BB has crow's nest and BBB not -> 1 point to BB

BBB 3

BB 1