The Mugbearer

[MOC] Demitoran Exoskeleton

Oh, when it comes to sharing my recent MOCs, I can be lazy for months until I will take pictures.

So don't be surprised when I will say you that this MOC is a half-year old, or even more. =D

So, what do we have today to share with community? We have an exoskeleton!

img_0475_r.jpg

I never did such a models before so don't expect much, but I hope that for the first time the result is more than satisfactory.

img_0473_r.jpg

Unfortunately, both suit and it's pilot are gray and black so they are a bit blended.

I knew that model will become not very poseable so when I was taking pics, I wasn't worrying about much epic poses, only angles that would be interesting.

img_0478_r.jpg

As you can see, Pilot's torso is protected by Hero Factory 2.0 chestplate. I love this part.

Also there is two guns that suit carries - some sort of blaster and a machinegun. The blaster is attached to automated turret mount, but the gun should be held in hand to use it.

img_0483_r.jpg

Here's the MOC from behind.

img_0485_r.jpg

img_0487_r.jpg

Now we have a view to foot. Pilot's foot is attached to exoskeleton by three-wide axle with stud, just like Toa Nuva had their instruments attached to the feet.

img_0490_r.jpg

img_0496_r.jpg

Here is how suit look like with turned off weapons.

img_0497_r.jpg

img_0501_r.jpg

Weapons are placed on Vahki pelvis part that can be removed. Here you can se unarmed version of exo-suit.

And now, the moment of truth. I am pulling chest plate up and deattaching pilot from his trusty armor.

img_0503_r.jpg

img_0506_r.jpg

Pretty skinny huh?

Okay, now I will introduce the pilot.

img_0517_r.jpg

He's a Demitoran, a representative of 'half-blood' race of mask-faced inhabitants of Matoran Universe. Originally thay has been breeded as results of Karzahni's experiments, but also any Matoran could become a Demitoran if Energy of Toa was transferred incorrectly.

img_0510_r.jpg

img_0516_r.jpg

I've tried some interesting hand technique on this one and I am pretty satisfied, though some of my friends told me it's ugly.

img_0518_r.jpg

img_0519_r.jpg

This design allows me to attach to hand suit's weapons so Demitoran could defend himself if caught without his exoskeleton.

img_0520_r.jpg

img_0523_r.jpg

"I've got you on my aim."

img_0528_r.jpg

Okay, that's all for today! Enjoy, comment and put some critiques! I will appreciate any feedback.

Wow, that is really (insert adjective describing amazement)! As you can see, I'm kind of at a loss for words. It's a really nice exo-suit. Whenever I try to make armor suits like this they always end up looking like an inconsistent and flimsy pile of parts. Great job here at making it sturdy and consistent.

Oh, and I think the hands look fine.

Neat design. The exoskeleton looks very mechanical, which contrasts well with the smooth shiny armor of your pilot.

With that said, I think it would be easier to appreciate the pictures of the exoskeleton with pilot included if they were contrasting colors as well. As it is, in these pictures it's hard to tell where the Demitoran ends and the exoskeleton begins.

With that said, I think it would be easier to appreciate the pictures of the exoskeleton with pilot included if they were contrasting colors as well. As it is, in these pictures it's hard to tell where the Demitoran ends and the exoskeleton begins.

I am already mentioned that they are the same color. =) It's because I have no any other colors of Miru Nuva, so I was forced to make them very same at the color scheme.

Your mocs are sure as hell sexy

What a compliment! ^_^ Thank you!

Wow, that is really (insert adjective describing amazement)! As you can see, I'm kind of at a loss for words. It's a really nice exo-suit. Whenever I try to make armor suits like this they always end up looking like an inconsistent and flimsy pile of parts. Great job here at making it sturdy and consistent.

Oh, and I think the hands look fine.

The hands are a bit unfinished, but everything else is epic.

Can you post instructions?