The Red Brick Pizza Oven was the first modular MOC that we built for our city. It was originally an amalgamation of three City Corner (7641) sets. Following the City Corner template there was a pizzeria and a bike repair shop on the same plot. At the time parts were scarce so the interiors were a bit sparse - even lacking tiled floors. So, after the move we had a great opportunity to give the old girl a bit of a face lift. The new building has a laundromat (to be posted shortly) instead of the bike repair shop and some minor upgrades to the internal facilities. Hope you enjoy.

The old exterior...

1319877391m_DISPLAY.jpg

A quick look at the old interiors...

13198771791_DISPLAY.jpg

13198776072_DISPLAY.jpg

13198772203_DISPLAY.jpg

And now on to the new shots!

1406543870m_DISPLAY.jpg

1406543881m_DISPLAY.jpg

1406543903m_DISPLAY.jpg

1406543970m_DISPLAY.jpg

1406544154m_DISPLAY.jpg

1406544166m_DISPLAY.jpg

As always there are tons more pictures here and here.

Edited by dignow

Great interior! And I like the facade, but the only thing I might consider altering would be the two doors at the corner. Have you considered just setting one of them at 45 degrees so that it cuts off the corner?

Great interior! And I like the facade, but the only thing I might consider altering would be the two doors at the corner. Have you considered just setting one of them at 45 degrees so that it cuts off the corner?

We actually did think about angling a single door but decided to stick with the two doors since the original building had the same. As our first MOC and one made prior to our finding out about the vast online communities we (read I) were much less sophisticated in our building techniques and really thought that the quaintness (if you will) of the two doors should remain in the remodel. We do get your point tho and appreciate the thought.

Really Great work. One think I noticed that helps you out on the interiors is that you don't have inset windows or double thickness facades which consumes a large amount of my interior room. Perhaps I should look at ways to reduce this in my models to maximize the space on the interiors.... :look:

Plenty of our builds have that same problem and sometimes we like the details of the building facade enough to give up the interior space. In our police station we added the extra depth on the outside of the ground floor windows.

Edited by dignow

The building is so detailed, amazing work. It looks much better than the first (though the first was actually fairly decent).

Amazing transformation! I would like to eat a pizza over there... :wink:

Maybe one suggestion is to remove the arcade game machine for having a toilet?