Still Raindrop

MOC: Rossville On-The-Shelf

Hello, everyone! I give you a section of the town of Rossville! (Named by my wife)

shelf.jpg

There are many people hanging out around Rossville, including the disc jockey D.J. Redo, the cowboy Mose Yover, store owner Lois Price, and the banjo-strumming duet, Abe and Jo.

Now, please allow me to show you a few buildings. Due to my limited space (spanning only a few shelves), I have decided to go for a classic-town feel; I hope I've done a decent job. Since my house is essentially the same as set 6388 (the few modifications include making it a true A-frame house and renovating the interior), I won't go over that one in detail. First off is the town hall; standing out front you can see the beloved Mayor Maynought.

townhall.jpg

Interior detail. I did steal the plant idea, yes. However, you can also see the town historian/secretary, a bookcase, and a file cabinet. Note also the spiral staircase up to the clock. No, it doesn't actually lead anywhere, but I thought it looked better than nothing.

hallint.jpg

And here is the local fish and chips stand, run by Chip Sandfish. The interior is nothing special (oven, grill, sink), but I am rather proud of the fish on top:

fish.jpg

Any comments would be appreciated--constructive criticism included (I am always looking to improve). Thanks for looking!

Thanks! I remember seeing a somewhat similar fish in The Ultimate LEGO Book. Unfortunately, I no longer own the book. That does mean, however, that I had to create my own.

How about the town hall--does it look "classic town?"

aaaaahhhhh stairs to no where

the fish shack is awsome you should be proud of the sign

fish and chips for the win

oh yea the town hall looks good to very classic

will u be making anymore?

Edited by gondortoast

These are two very nice buildings, Mariko! :thumbup:

I really :wub: them - especially the town hall. It is very small but includes nevertheless a lot of great interior details!

And even the fish and chips shop looks quite nice. Do you have some interior pics of it, too?

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks!

Gondortoast, I hope to make more in the future.

Klaus-Dieter, I do have an interior shot of the fish & chips stand, thought it's nothing spectacular:

fish2.jpg