exxtrooper

Which 2011 second wave sets are you getting?

The new jungle themed hero factory products are coming out this summer and I think there's been a large amount of improvement since the first products with all the new parts and has introduced us to a whole new system when it comes to this type of lego theme. It looks like lego has currently "settled down" with this new system and is most likely what we will be seeing for the next years of Hero factory.

Onto the products, I know lego products (usually) look alot better on the box, but looking at the finished sets here makes me really want some of these, just look at this!

hero_factory_summer_2011.png

You've probably seen all the products by now, so what set(s) are you looking forward too, and will most likely buy? Your opinions are welcome here!

I hate all hero factory - bionicle type themes as they are not what lego should be there just big ugly action figures.

thanks

legojazzbricks

I hate all hero factory - bionicle type themes as they are not what lego should be there just big ugly action figures.

thanks

legojazzbricks

Oh wow, bad writing and an under-developped opinion in a thread not done for this. Way to go !

I personnally want all the sets beside Scorpio and Waspix, as I don't dig their designs.

Edited by _shaddow_

thanks

legojazzbricks

I wish someone would deactivate the giant robot that forces people to post in subforums of themes they don't like. It's a rather unnecessary use of people's time.

Anyway, I want to get both Rockas and Waspix. Mainly for parts, but also for parts.

Even though I won't get any of these, I think this wave is really cool. I like the animal theme a lot. My favourite is Rocka XL.

Raw-Jaw and Witch Doctor are the ones that are hottest in my head right now.

Mainly just Witch Doctor, as I quite like him and think he will be excellent with some modifications.

And legojazzbricks, they think you are a big ugly action figure as well :wink:

I have to say, the villains don't excite me apart from the Witch Doctor, so I will only get him and Bulk, Rocka, Stormer and Stringer.

I'm planning to get Rocka XL, Witch Doctor, and Raw Jaw. And also whatever Hereos I feel like getting, probably all of them eventually. I'll start with Bulk and Stringer, I think, and then I'll get whatever one has colors I need most for whatever MOCs I'm working on. I might end up getting all the sets again. The only one I've been able to resist this wave is Nitroblast. :P

Villains I especially like include Raw-Jaw and Waspix. I'm not a fan of Scorpio, whose inconsistent leg designs ruin his buglike appearance for me, or Witch Doctor, whose design seems to completely undermine the design ideals that made me like the new building system and the Hero Factory theme in general so much. Fangz is OK, but frankly his color scheme is fairly boring, and the spears coming out of his lower jaw are a bit awkward.

Heroes I especially like include Bulk 3.0, Stringer 3.0, and Rocka 3.0. I'm just having a hard time getting excited about Furno, Stormer, and Nex so soon after buying the 2.0 versions. It's possible I'm just too used to the BIONICLE release pattern, wherein the "canister sets" would alternate between heroes and villain, thus giving more design variety, more color scheme variety, and more time in between two versions of the same character. It's entirely possible that by the time these sets appear in stores, though, I'll have gotten over the feeling of freshness that still lingers for the 2.0 wave, and I'll be ready to invest in these jungle-themed designs.

I'm not sure which sets I'm actually getting. Probably Bulk and Stringer, if only so that I can try to visualize my Bulk and Stringer LDD concepts in real life. I may end up getting Raw-Jaw, too. But overall I'm just not too excited about the third wave quite yet, in part because the jungle "theme" doesn't excite me as much as the more generic sci-fi settings and character designs of the previous two waves.

My current plan is two copies of Raw-Jaw, and both versions of Rocka. Hoping PAB online get updated with the new pieces though, as I'd much rather just buy the elements I want individually.

I need Bill to complete my Bill collection, because I love him.

I want all of the Heroes, and I want multiples just for their animal themed helmets, because I really like them.

I want Rocka XL, and I'm into Waspix, I'll get Witch Doctor for parts, but the rest of the "villains" don't do it for me. They just look awkward, especially the red one with the tusks.

Getting all the villains except Scorpio and Waspix.

Getting all the Heroes except Stormer and maybe Furno. As for Rocka, it's a toss-up between the 3.0 and the XL, depending on how much money I have left.

:tongue:

Yeah, as you can notice, I really love the Savage Planet line. HF is definitely shaping up to be a really awesome theme.

Well, my situation here is really complicated. Of course I would like to get all of this sets, why? I just enjoy the work and creativity of the guys behind that cool designs, also I'm a great builder with the new system.

I want all of them, admitedly for parts, but i'll build them too. raw-jaw's hands are AWSOME!!!

thanks

legojazzbricks

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but stopping by a thread just to say you hate what others are trying to discuss is not the way to make friends. Your actions and words have consequences even if you do have the freedom to express them. There's a big difference to being able to say whatever you want and expressing yourself responsibly.

Not to mention, if you don't like it, don't look at it.

thanks

Well said Hinck. :sweet:

I'm diggin' the design of Raw-Jaw. Big, hulking, and bad-megablocks! :grin:

well Im getting at least 2 of every hero maby not stormer but i like symmetrical hero's and when one arms armor and the other one is a huge claw it dosent do it for me so for sure im getting 2bulk 2stringer 2 rocka xl and then at least one of every villain except maby witchdoctor in not a fan of him ill wait for some reviews i probably wont get Scorpio

either

i'm going to need to wait to see pictures of witch doctor before deciding fully but i most likly will get:

witch doctor, rocka xl, scorpio, 2 or more waspix, bulk, stringer, nex, rocka, and stormer

Personally, I like this line. Although the heroes are quite redundant, I'm personally thinking about picking up Stringer, Bulk, and Roxta 3.0, as their color parts were not previously available, and at least 4-5 of the boxed sets (such as Roxta DX or Witch Doctor).

From the heroes, I'll definitely get Bulk (silver armour and silver helmet) and Furno (I like the Falcon helmet).

From the villains, I'm not sure. Waspix and Raw-Jaw look quite good, but I prefer Fangz' colour scheme. However, if Fangz doesn't come with a few neat pieces, Raw-Jaw and Waspix got good chances. Especially Raw-Jaw, I like his bulky paws.

From the larger sets, I might get Scorpio. I don't like the Voodoo-theme of Witch Doctor (he's also too expensive for me to be a parts buy), and I'm not the greatest fan of gold (aside from that, I like Rocka XL - designwise, he looks awesome). Although I'm not the greatest fan of lime green, his ridiculous amount of limb pieces makes him a good parts buy.

By the way, I like the design of the boxes a lot. Probably because of the quite bright green, which is a good contrast to the rather dark boxes of the first two HF waves.

I will get at least one Raw Jaw. Scorpio and waspix seem good to harvest pieces from.

The Witch Doctor is well detailed and looks better than every other villain so I might as well get that one. And Rocka XL's mask looks pretty epic. And I'll defiantly get Raw-Jaw since he looks like a mean machine! :tongue:

Although I'm not totally convinced of Hero Factory, I'm really considering getting Raw-Jaw. Its design itself is quite beautiful, and I have the feeling that it holds some very useful pieces for me.