1. 1. How much would you pay for it?

• $30/£20
    • $60/£35
    • $90/£55
    • $115/£70
    • $166/£100
    • $249/£150
    • $249+/£150+
  2. 2. Would you like to see System elements encorporated, in order to get as close to the CGI Version as possible?

• Yes, I'd like to see it made entirely out of System (100% System, 0% Bionicle)
    • Yes, I'd like to see it made almost entirely out of System (80% System, 20% Bionicle)
    • Yes, I'd like to see it made mainly out of System (60% System, 40% Bionicle)
    • No, I'd like to see it made mainly out of Bionicle/ Technic (40% System, 60% Bionicle)
    • No, I'd like to see it made almost entirely out of Bionicle/ Technic (20% System, 80% Bionicle)
    • No, I'd like to see it made entirely out of Bionicle/Technic (0% System, 100% Bionicle)
  3. 3. How tall should it be?

• 18cm (Glatorian sized)
    • 24cm (Somewhere between Glatorian and Toa Mata Nui sized)
    • 33cm (Toa Mata Nui sized)
    • 40cm
    • 50cm
    • 60cm (about Toa Mata Nui x2)

Hey guys,

As we know, Bionicle is ending. The Stars are the final sets we're getting, apparently.

Many people are thinking that these aren't good enough as finale sets, and the general consensus is that people want this guy in set form. Here's some concept art:

advanceconceptart3.jpg

For people who aren't fans of Bionicle, this guy is basically the definitive character - most of the storyline takes place within this robot's body.

He'd also be pretty hard to represent purely through Bionicle pieces, and it's most likely that, if made as a big set, plenty of System elements would be encorporated as well. That's what, I think, might interest AFOLs. Think of it as a UCS set of a Bionicle character. Importantly, though, is that for this set to be made, the fans need to ask for it.

Now, it's likely that most of BZP will be on board, but that won't be enough. What we Bionicle fans need is for fans of every other theme to back us up, so to speak. The Bionicle storyline is to continue until at least 2011, giving enough time for the set to be designed. As a possible S@H exclusive, I think the idea of this set coming into existence isn't too far-fetched.

I'm just interested to hear what you guys are thinking - not only those Bionicle regulars, but fans of any other Lego themes. I really think this set could appeal to everybody, done right.

My blog here will be kept updated with any progress made on this project, and, if you're a BZP member, there's a poll about this here.

Please give your help.

Thanks,

- Tilius

Edited by 3D Brickthing

Tilius, this is a splendid idea.

I'm a "Bionicle Regular" as you put it, but I fully pledge my support to this endeavor. I will do whatever I can to spread the word of this to numerous other forums besides BZPower and Eurobricks. I agree with you; This isn't as far-fetched as some may think.

If you want, I can also make support banners for use on BZP and here.

-Mesonak

It'd be nice, but awfully hard to get it out, if there hasn't been any work on it. :s

It'd take another couple years or so to get it out, if they start designing it and so forth now, looking at how far ahead the Designers/Story Team has been working a head.

I'm up for it, as long as it's not a Toa-Mod. >.>

[-TA-]

its a great idea and every theme needs a farewell definitive set to finish on.

I hope you guys get what you want

This is the first post I've made in the bionicle forum but I say it's a great idea! But it'd be imposible to make it bionicle scale. :classic:

I've been collecting bionicle since the beginning and I had to say that the stars were a pitiful Finale. This would reassure me that TLC doesn't just leave it's long time fan-base hanging. My one qualm is that this has to be a good set or there's no point. Hopefully TLC could put some of the best on the job designing it.

I joined EB just to vote in this. I've been on BZP for a while now, but have been a Bionicle fan since day one. Ever since we saw his face in 08 Bionicle fans have been clamoring for a set of him, he 40 million feet tall for goodness sake! He is the great god of Bionicle and the main villain.

Even if you've always hated Bionicle, please vote for this. Bionicle is a part of Lego's history, Bionicle was unique, Bionicle was a part of many people's lives, including mine. I don't know what I'll do without this entity to always think about, always pondering the story and it's infinite mysteries, always experimenting with new techniques on the sets. I've felt empty for two days now, like a chunk of my heart has been ripped out. Bionicle was my passion, and it was many other's as well. There are people across the world who were obsessed with this thing, this cool little toy line with their fun little action figures and fun little story. Bionicle deserves this final Hurrah.

I joined EB just to vote in this. I've been on BZP for a while now, but have been a Bionicle fan since day one. Ever since we saw his face in 08 Bionicle fans have been clamoring for a set of him, he 40 million feet tall for goodness sake! He is the great god of Bionicle and the main villain.

Even if you've always hated Bionicle, please vote for this. Bionicle is a part of Lego's history, Bionicle was unique, Bionicle was a part of many people's lives, including mine. I don't know what I'll do without this entity to always think about, always pondering the story and it's infinite mysteries, always experimenting with new techniques on the sets. I've felt empty for two days now, like a chunk of my heart has been ripped out. Bionicle was my passion, and it was many other's as well. There are people across the world who were obsessed with this thing, this cool little toy line with their fun little action figures and fun little story. Bionicle deserves this final Hurrah.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :classic:

This is a Great idea -Tilius- :thumbup:

I hope you guys get this as a final set from Lego! :sweet:

He looks pretty Awesome i have to admit! :laugh:

CommanderFox

Great idea! I would pay about 100€ for USC Mata Nui. I also have my own SYSTEM Mata Nui WIP here. Mata Nui is great piece of digital art, and it would be wonderful to get him as a set.

I would definitely buy this if it was 100 USD or less. I do have a friend who doesn't yet know bionicle has ended, I haven't told him yet. He recently came out of his Bionicle dark age and would sell his soul for this set

Reaper052 :skull:

Yes, yes, yes. Bionicle has been a huge part of LEGO, arguably a bigger part than even Star Wars. Yet there's never been a UCS set, and this would be the ideal target.

Please TLG, let Bionicle die with a shout, not a whimper.

Good work Tillius ^^ I voted in this poll, and also in the BZP one. I will do ANYTHING for a Great Spirit set. Shouldn't we take this poll to more sites?

Great idea! I would pay about 100€ for USC Mata Nui. I also have my own SYSTEM Mata Nui WIP here. Mata Nui is great piece of digital art, and it would be wonderful to get him as a set.

I like it...something similar made with Technic and Bionicle pieces would be neat.

I voted in both. :)

I've been on board with Bionicle for nearly ten years, and I'd like to see something like this too-- if they're going to drop the line, why not make it go with a real bang? Sort of like the Imperial ship/Pirates, for instance?

I wouldn't be adverse to some System pieces, too, as long as they can make them integrate well...

And I'd be willing to throw a substantial amount of cash at this, provided it was impressive enough. Even if it takes a year to design and produce, I'll be waiting.