Sign in to follow this  
KimT

The end of Bionicle by 2010?

In 2010 no more indiana jones, no more agents and end of 2010 no more Bionicle.

I hope it isn't so.

Not that I am into Bionicle, but it's been around for so long.

Well due to the 're-release' of the characters next year in mini packs from the pics, the finish was then quite inevitable.

It can only mean that TLG will replace Bionicle with a similar theme aimed at an older year group (seeing as Bionicle sets were usually rated for 7-16 or 8-16 year olds whilst most other non-technic sets are 7-14 or 6-12) We can only hope a replacement lives up to Bionicle, or perhaps is even better. :skull:

I hope it isn't so.

Not that I am into Bionicle, but it's been around for so long.

That's exactly my thought too.

Althought I think it doesn't make much money for Lego anymore..

Or perhaps you don't know what story team has in hand and what the Set designers do have there, too. ;)

Greg has sais that thgere would one novel for 2010... And possibly the same for 2011. Binkmeister (Kelly, current BIONICLE webmaster) said something about 2011 as well, which makes me think that BIONICLE is not going to end on 2010. But 2011 is the 10th anniversay, who knows what do they have in mind...?

EDIT: @ commdr neyo: it's true that Greg hasn't said anything ever since the Barraki... Hope the Glatorian are doing well (and looking at how good TLR is doing, I think they are)

Edited by Nightmare

Indie: I saw this coming

Agents: Must not of been as popular as LEGO wnted

Bionicle: I must say, I'm not saddened but it's true they have been around for a long time.

I do not like the end of the line, very much.

I got too many nice parts from Bionicle.

Edited by Milan

This better not be the start of Lego killing things... like Star Wars! I thought that at one point Bionicle was the biggest moneymaker for Lego! I think it's because of the change in theme that's happening by re-releasing old characters with new and fewer pieces. I never thought Agents would last long and talk about IJ's been around for months.

It makes sense on all fronts.

Bionicle - First of all, we have Ben 10 which is Bionicle-like in terms of price points, targeted audience, and to a degree design. Just like Space went away (for a while. Yay SPIII) when Star Wars started, Bionicle is being replaced by a licensed theme. Will it come back? Will another original theme replace it? I think that partially depends on the success or failure of Ben 10. I don't think they would have made Ben 10 as close to Bionicle as they did if Bionicle sales were really bad. We all want lines to go out with a bang but more often then not they go out with a whimper because of the reasons they are going out. Bionicle Stars, if they are the last gasp, are a nice little homage line but not a bang.

Indy - will be back if there is another movie. I would bet you a dollar. Until then Prince of Persia, which does have a movie coming out, covers the same space.

Agents - This is not unexpected. These action themes last a couple of waves and disappear. A few years later we'll get Alpha Team version 4 or Agents version 2 or Get Smart sets.

This is standard theme churn. Great information but nothing to get up in arms about. In fact, its a good thing keeping themes fresh (so fresh), exciting (you're so exciting to me).

-Tohst

I'm not surprised in the least to see Agents and Indian Jones go. A little sadend as they were both allright themes.

I'm surprised and glad to see Bioncle go. I never got into it, but I suppose it's a little sad to see one of LEGO's longer lines to go after a long legacy. I guess everything has it's day (well, year).

Or perhaps you don't know what story team has in hand and what the Set designers do have there, too. ;)

Greg has sais that thgere would one novel for 2010... And possibly the same for 2011. Binkmeister (Kelly, current BIONICLE webmaster) said something about 2011 as well, which makes me think that BIONICLE is not going to end on 2010. But 2011 is the 10th anniversay, who knows what do they have in mind...?

EDIT: @ commdr neyo: it's true that Greg hasn't said anything ever since the Barraki... Hope the Glatorian are doing well (and looking at how good TLR is doing, I think they are)

As I said before in the Bionicle 2010 topic, you can't predict the future so still prepare for it. Yeah they may be working on things for 2011, but that doesn't guarantee anything for 2011. In case they decide to change their mind for where Bionicle goes, they will still have something to fallback on.

-Omi

As I said before in the Bionicle 2010 topic, you can't predict the future so still prepare for it. Yeah they may be working on things for 2011, but that doesn't guarantee anything for 2011. In case they decide to change their mind for where Bionicle goes, they will still have something to fallback on.

-Omi

Since we are expecting a third film in 2011 ( I cannot remember if it has been confirmed ), I would be greatly dissapointed if we didn't see figures to go with it. :cry_sad:

Edited by The crazy one

the name Bionicle go away but there is something else instead.

The body much like Bionicle but is not Ben 10

Great! Now we know Bionicle won't end. :tongue:

But not really.

I'll be sad to see the sets go, but the story was getting REALLY convoluted. I thought the fresh start on a new planet would help, but it turns out it's just making things crazier. So while I'll miss the story, it has to end before they totally destroy it (now it's only mostly destroyed).

Hopefully they'll replace it with another similar line, like they did with Throwbots > Roboriders (ick) > Bionicle. And I hope the Bionicle community sticks around even if Bionicle is not replaced.

And before anyone asks, NO, Ben 10 does NOT count as a replacement. I know Bionicle didn't have the most complicated builds, and it didn't have the best parts for price ratio, but... Ben 10...

~Bunda

I fear Ben 10 is our replacement for bionicle! :sing:

Edited by computerbug

I fear Ben 10 is our replacement for bionicle! :sing:

There are so many reasons why I doubt that. Ben 10 will be running for tops 2 years. To keep all the Bionicle fans happy, they need a non licensed, technic based theme that they can keep running like Bionicle.

But not really.

I'll be sad to see the sets go, but the story was getting REALLY convoluted. I thought the fresh start on a new planet would help, but it turns out it's just making things crazier. So while I'll miss the story, it has to end before they totally destroy it (now it's only mostly destroyed).

Hopefully they'll replace it with another similar line, like they did with Throwbots > Roboriders (ick) > Bionicle. And I hope the Bionicle community sticks around even if Bionicle is not replaced.

And before anyone asks, NO, Ben 10 does NOT count as a replacement. I know Bionicle didn't have the most complicated builds, and it didn't have the best parts for price ratio, but... Ben 10...

~Bunda

Hopefully an influx of prices for collectibles. :P

Nothing sells better than a discontinued theme.

-Omi

the name Bionicle go away but there is something else instead.

The body much like Bionicle but is not Ben 10

Bionicle will end, but the sets will carry on under a different name I reckon.

Did you just figure that out yourself? :tongue:

Rumours of my Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Good...

Now time will tell what we get.

Be that Bionicle or something similar.

Front is a LEGO employee, isn't he?

Anyways, I don't think it will end. It will probably just conclude the Bara Magna saga. I can't sincerely seeing the line ending so soon, especially with the stories the team had planned.

So conclusion is highly likely. Ending? We'll see, but I doubt it.

And people are judging 2010 too soon. We know canister sets will be present later on, and no one really knows what the story will bring.

-ZotS

Yes, and on BZP you can read that people claim I've said something about which winter sets will be seen apart from the Stars on Target. I have never said anything about that :classic:

The prophesy is being fulfilled, I saw all Bionicle sets on clearance at my local Target, $10 down from $12.99

The prophesy is being fulfilled, I saw all Bionicle sets on clearance at my local Target, $10 down from $12.99

That always happens before the winter stock where I live. :wacko: Nothing new.

I gotta say, I left the story when it left the planet. It just turned into a convoluted mess. I mean, it made sense, but too much was going on at once. Frankly, if Bionicle ends, all it means is that I can catch up on the... 148 sets I have to catch up on since the 1999 Slizers. If that actually does run out, I'll move on to technic or something. It really doesn't matter to me, from a set point; I'm just happy to have it last this long...

BTW: Almost everywhere but TRU has dropped the Legends down to $10, and TRU dropped it from 14.99 to 12.99.